Is SWTOR 2 planned?

Docmal

First off like I just said. Kotor 3 is in higher demand. But lets just leave that out of the picture and just look at the state that this game is in and how things have been going since 3.0 it is not in their best interest to make a sequel to this game. It would be a very bad business move on their part. Considering the amount of people that are pissed off at them already for things that have happened in this game. SWTOR 2 would fold faster then this game.

And the bigger part is that disney would have to approve of it and again it would be a very bad move on their part.

If they were to make anything KOTOR 3 is the way to go.

Kotor 3 is Not the Only Way to go. You sound like you belong to some sites that some crazy ppl belong to and discuss nothing but Kotor 3. Swtor is supposed to be Kotor 3 and beyond.

When the first ppl knew about what Engine this game was using in 2008, i'd say about 7 out of 10 ppl knew that Bioware had made a Big Mistake with this Hero Engine, and the ppl who had used and knew about the Hero Engine knew it wasn't a good 1 for an MMO like this. Only few ppl that knew about how the Hero Engine worked said that it could be made better, but they also said it wouldn't have been the 1 they would've chosen for this MMO.

It was leasrned after 2009 that Bioware had to alter some of the Hero Engine by ppl at Bioware saying they had to alter some of the Hero Engine programming because of the fact the Hero engine by itself wasn't good enough to do what the Devs had wanted to develop and had planned. Ppl from Bioware said this, not me.

i'm sure a Swtor 2 would do well with stuff from this game and a Better Engine to drive to game the way it was intended, and would be easier to add more stuff like better scaling and animation/CGI and such.

I'd be more than willing to play a Swtor 2 MMO with this stuff and double in size and Content. May take 3 to 4yrs but i'd would be patient for something with a better Engine.

The odds of a SWTOR 2 happening are almost nil because of stuid Disney and EA. When EA took over Bioware, most of us knew this game would not get as good as the Original Devs and Founders of Bioware thought. The Founders are at fault for selling Bioware in my opinion, as EA only cares about Sports and the Battlefield games.

Iknow EA doesn't feel like putting another 250 million into a SWTOR 2, as EA only cares about money like ppl using the Cartel Market. And EA knows nothing about MMOs as they cut most of the Devs and other good ppl that Developed this game. A Lot of Thing were Cut from this game that was in Beta that i think should've stayed in-game and in my opinion would've made it a lot better.

Disney Knows even less about MMOs and, they don't know much about how to make an usual game with exception to First handed Disney made stuff. They would be a Lot more likely to have a Company make a SW MMO set during the new Sequels or around that time period.

All in all at least most of the Swtor Devs believe the only way to use a New engine, is if there was to make a Swtor 2 or to entirely redo this SWTOR game or another SW MMO.

EDIT: Sorry it was about 125 Million to 150 Million.

Edited by MandFlurry

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The odds of a SWTOR 2 happening are almost nil because of stuid Disney and EA.
no it's nil because thats not what the vast majority of mmos do.

especially ones that are failures like swtor

UO tried...lineage, EQ. guild wars

the business model doesnt work. your best hope is to cannibalize the entire previous game and attract new customers. in reality, you cannibalize some and lose all new players to *drumroll* back to wow.

you end up with the same or less players and two games to support.

Edited by Pagy

NOPE, look at Anarchy Online. Release date June 27, 2001 and still going. even has a Graphics Engine updated from DirectX 8 to DirectX 9 (using a modified and updated Age of Conan engine) Dreamworld Engine (Randy 3.1)

WoW still going,

EA/Bioware still making huge amounts of money on SWTOR the way it is. Look at what is planned this summer and coming winter (hint - 4.0 to coincide with Episode VII release...)

so with just these 3 examples, why would they need SWTOR2?

There is Guild Wars 2. They still promote Guild Wars 1 which came out in 2005, people still play it. It is not inconceivable that SWTOR 2 could happen with SWTOR still going.

There is also going to be movies outside the "Episode 1-9" movies. There could very well be a Old Republic movie to tie in with a game.

Edited by DarthVengeant

UO tried...lineage, EQ. guild wars

the business model doesnt work. your best hope is to cannibalize the entire previous game and attract new customers. in reality, you cannibalize some and lose all new players to *drumroll* back to wow.

you end up with the same or less players and two games to support.

What I was meaning was, and i'm dead sure this won't happen. Is that we Use this game-SWTOR and make a part 2 with number 1 with a New Engine, and make an almost new game with it, with almost double the Disk space with all new planets, aliens, Content, etc, etc, etc. Only with a New Engine is what i meant.

So it would be SWTOR 1 and 2 with a New Engine in 1 Package.. Won't happen, even though i think it would be a very smart thing to do given that the Hero Engine really sucks.