Shadow Tank Force Issues since 3.1!

pieceofjunk

Hello I have found that my force regen seems very low since the implementation of 3.1. Even if I ignore the new proc for Force Breech and stick with my old rotation I have Force issues when Tanking.

I do not know why, maybe double bladed saber defense is broken.

Please look into this.

Link to my post in the Shadow/assassin forums.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=8039924#post8039924

The passive ability gained at level 48 " Rapid Recovery" in the Kinetic Combat discipline is supposed to increase the force recovered by "Double-bladed Saber Tactics" by 100% so essentially doubling it.

This is not happening, I've looked at recent combat logs and I still only restore 2 force despite being level 60. I tried switching over to my Assassin tank and and when checking his combat logs he is restoring 4 force.

In addition the tooltip for "Rapid Recovery" still refers to the old name "Double-bladed Saber Defense"

I spoke to the Combat Team regarding this and, after checking, they have confirmed that Double-Bladed Saber Tactics returning 2% of your Force is working as designed - it's actually mentioned in the Tooltip that DBST/Lightning Reflexes returns 2%. There was a bug prior to 3.0 that granted a 4% return for these abilities that has since been fixed.

HOWEVER, there is an issue with Rapid Recovery that is causing it to not grant the +100% Force Regen to Double-Bladed Saber Tactics. The team is looking into that now!

Edited by TaitWatson

I spoke to the Combat Team regarding this and, after checking, they have confirmed that Double-Bladed Saber Tactics returning 2% of your Force is working as designed - it's actually mentioned in the Tooltip that DBST/Lightning Reflexes returns 2%. There was a bug prior to 3.0 that granted a 4% return for these abilities that has since been fixed.

HOWEVER, there is an issue with Rapid Recovery that is causing it to not grant the +100% Force Regen to Double-Bladed Saber Tactics. The team is looking into that now!

Thank you Tait!

I thought it was an issue with one of those two Class features.

I am confused by the semantics of this. Is Rapid Recovery supposed to grant a 100% boost to force returned from Double Bladed Saber Defense? If Double Bladed Saber Defense returns 2% then with Rapid Recovery it should return 4% correct? Prior to the last patch was it returning 8% (4% x 2) or was it a static 4% and Rapid Recovery was not working?

Hey Tait! Any word on when this fix will be in?

We are planning to release the mythical 3.1.1 on March 10th.

So we have 2 more weeks of under performing Shadow tanks? Maybe because I play a shadow tank but putting us at a disadvantage in a raiding environment seems more like something that should be patched ASAP. I am guessing this probably also affects the new PVP season as well.

Very disappointing. :(

Well ... has the patch frequency been reduced to 4 weeks for minor i.e. 12 weeks for major ? or at least it seems this way (from 3 for minor, 9 for major announced and promised by you) ? Can you please confirm or deny this ? What is the planned future patch and content upgrade frequency ?

I hope that with respect to prolonged time the UI performancy issues will be finally 100% fixed.

OMG, you're kidding right? You're really serious? So, 2 more weeks and PTS was already closed a week ago, so 3 weeks to patch in something you're done testing? Why the rush to close the PTS if you weren't patching for 3 more weeks? Yes, those are all questions I just asked.

Hey Tait,

When can the community expect to see a fix for the DPS Sins and Shadows?

We all appreciate the fix towards these Sin & Shadow Tanks. However aside from the hundreds of sixty page threads regarding Sin & Shadow dps we are still waiting to hear what will happen and when?

50% of PvP is filled with players that are all Sin's and Shadow's - another 40% are BH's or Sorcs

I don't like to complain but 3.0 ...balanced the game - just like the Sith in the movies brought balance to the force.

Sorce - can not be intterupted - Lighting is over powered

Sin's are the new emperors of PvP and rule over every class in game with no equal

BH's are the Darth Vaders in game for Sin's LOL

But.... Hey the Tanks won't cause as much damage now.... whhhhhewwwwwwwwww. Now that one problem is resolved Tait... Any idea when Bio ware could get the game back to normal ?