HM Ravagers & Temple progression thread

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dcs didn't even mean anything ill with his signature, he was proud of their kill. He was proud of not having ppl change classes to complete the boss easier, they went with their standard setup. Indeed, they brought the players and not the classes. Dxun hasn't even had a full team for quite a while, only until recently do they have a full team again and got a kill on revan with it. There's no doubt in my mind they would've gotten the kill sooner if the team was intact from the start, and they would most definitely get it sooner if they tried raiding more than just the 3 nights a week standard raid schedule.

Before ppl take offense and vents out their anger in front of everyone maybe you should deign to find out if it's actually malicious first.

Dcs didn't even mean anything ill with his signature, he was proud of their kill. He was proud of not having ppl change classes to complete the boss easier, they went with their standard setup. Indeed, they brought the players and not the classes. Dxun hasn't even had a full team for quite a while, only until recently do they have a full team again and got a kill on revan with it. There's no doubt in my mind they would've gotten the kill sooner if the team was intact from the start, and they would most definitely get it sooner if they tried raiding more than just the 3 nights a week standard raid schedule.

Before ppl take offense and vents out their anger in front of everyone maybe you should deign to find out if it's actually malicious first.

While that's a nice thought, I can't say anyone should have to do any sort of digging to find out about their situation. All we see is what they post on a public forum and it was taken as a very hard negative because it seemed asinine and ridiculous to be a bragging point towards guilds that have already killed it with optimal comps and kills before a nerf occurred. In this situation, I can't help but see this as them bringing the ire upon themselves.

Edited by mastirkal

While that's a nice thought, I can't say anyone should have to do any sort of digging to find out about their situation. All we see is what they post on a public forum and it was taken as a very hard negative because it seemed asinine and ridiculous to be a bragging point towards guilds that have already killed it with optimal comps and kills before a nerf occurred. In this situation, I can't help but see this as them bringing the ire upon themselves.

I didn't know at first if it is was meant negatively, I didn't interpret it so when I first read it and I found the responses to it surprising. I am sure I am not the only one either to have never really seen it as an attempt to hack down on other progression raiders.

I am also of the opinion that you can be a competitive progression raider without stacking classes, and it never being a waste of time unless the person itself doesn't perform, if we prioritize that.

What I find funny is that Dxun is all like #bringtheplayernottheclass, but every time something glitches out / bugs out - they are all there with their FOTM classes. Example was last time with the low slash bug; regs on TRE were full of Dxun FOTM shadow premades (and still are). Not to mention using exploits to kill bosses in PVE. Takes pure skill.

In other news, I killed the Monolith today as a sorc. #bringtheplayernottheclass

What I find funny is that Dxun is all like #bringtheplayernottheclass, but every time something glitches out / bugs out - they are all there with their FOTM classes. Example was last time with the low slash bug; regs on TRE were full of Dxun FOTM shadow premades (and still are). Not to mention using exploits to kill bosses in PVE. Takes pure skill.

In other news, I killed the Monolith today as a sorc. #bringtheplayernottheclass

I only know of the macro respec exploit, and I know their argument for using the macro. I don't really liked it and I can't say I agree with using it, but that's in the past now. But which other exploits have they used? and do you have anything to show where they did it, so I can see them?

PvP and PvE are different, and unless we're talking about the same players in dxun that did these things then you can't really blame the people who've posted in here for something they haven't done themselves. Dxun has members who only do pvp, and some who only do pve. But besides that I know dxun is known for doing things like this, and some in the guild are worse than others but to be fair this can be seen in just about every "notable" pvp/pve guild on our server and isn't a cause of dxun itself, it's the community on the whole.

Edited by cirruz

I didn't know at first if it is was meant negatively, I didn't interpret it so when I first read it and I found the responses to it surprising. I am sure I am not the only one either to have never really seen it as an attempt to hack down on other progression raiders.

I am also of the opinion that you can be a competitive progression raider without stacking classes, and it never being a waste of time unless the person itself doesn't perform, if we prioritize that.

Sure you could. Ambassadors spent 150 hours by their own admission to get their revan kill with a very unoptimized comp, but it took them 150 hours. Counter example, Provectus took roughly 70 hours for our first kill from the point when we started pulling revan and we used a very optimized comp to do it. Our strat on first and second floor is also of our own creation and not a cookie cutter from zorz or elsewhere.

I'm not saying ambassadors are in anyway bad, they got the kill very quickly in this cycle and they put the time in to get their kill, but I will say with certainty that if they had used the optimal comp. I'd suspect they would've reached their kill much, much quicker than they did.

Edited by mastirkal

Dxun rising on the red eclips kill'd revan 4 the first time.

tanks: vanguard, shadow

dps: commando, sentinel, shadow, gunslinger.

healers: commando, scoundrel.

Bring the Player Not the Class.

You should change your sig to, Bring 8 204 Mainhands and a Fat NERF which makes floor 3 TOTALLY insignificant... Not the class! Grats though.

I killed HM Xeno today with a 29k level 55 merc healer in conqueror gear healing us. We will be going into NiM DP in hopes of a Server 4th Dreadmaster run.

Edited by TcRenno

You should change your sig to, Bring 8 204 Mainhands and a Fat NERF which makes floor 3 TOTALLY insignificant... Not the class! Grats though.

I killed HM Xeno today with a 29k level 55 merc healer in conqueror gear healing us. We will be going into NiM DP in hopes of a Server 4th Dreadmaster run.

Take it slow their Tc, are you sure you're ready for Dreadmaster runs? I mean even Provectus would be in awe of anyone getting dread master at this point! :rak_frown:

Dxun hasn't even had a full team for quite a while, only until recently do they have a full team again and got a kill on revan with it. There's no doubt in my mind they would've gotten the kill sooner if the team was intact from the start, and they would most definitely get it sooner if they tried raiding more than just the 3 nights a week standard raid schedule.

Rofl. U know Technicians started to raid "cereal" at MARCH changing at least 1 member pretty much every week and taking 2 weeks of holidays due to losing 1 main tank that went on travel. Im 100% sure most guilds had roster problems thats no news.

IMO any good team at the start of 3.0 WILLING TO SPEND GOOD AMOUNT OF TIME with revan fight would have kill it before nerf.

Just think of dilih for example. Im 100% sure they would have kill it by december if they had same attitude that they got in the past about raiding and progression. The quality of the players is there but revan is a fight u need to practice and master a lot (full team no changes) and that takes basically time lots of time and effort.

All in all, a kill is a kill and good for Dxun. Its just that now famous sentence "bring the player, not the class" that is in my opinion ******. Incredibly ******

Me for example i could have done it with scoundrel why not, oh wait i would be gimping my team because i was taking care of stuff like blades and the mando burst healing/hold the line gave us less options to have random wipes due to some spikes. Why i should take scoundrel if mando can do a better job?

Bring the player AND the class!

PD: And people is right, just close this thread, "progression" ended after nerf and mh. The same way it ended in DF/DP NiM after removal of buffs. All kills after that are very nice, but cant be considered in this thread.

Edited by Dark_Mithrandir

Rofl. U know Technicians started to raid "cereal" at MARCH changing at least 1 member pretty much every week and taking 2 weeks of holidays due to losing 1 main tank that went on travel. Im 100% sure most guilds had roster problems thats no news.

IMO any good team at the start of 3.0 WILLING TO SPEND GOOD AMOUNT OF TIME with revan fight would have kill it before nerf.

Just think of dilih for example. Im 100% sure they would have kill it by december if they had same attitude that they got in the past about raiding and progression. The quality of the players is there but revan is a fight u need to practice and master a lot (full team no changes) and that takes basically time lots of time and effort.

All in all, a kill is a kill and good for Dxun. Its just that now famous sentence "bring the player, not the class" that is in my opinion ******. Incredibly ******

Me for example i could have done it with scoundrel why not, oh wait i would be gimping my team because i was taking care of stuff like blades and the mando burst healing/hold the line gave us less options to have random wipes due to some spikes. Why i should take scoundrel if mando can do a better job?

PD: And people is right, just close this thread, "progression" ended after nerf and mh. The same way it ended in DF/DP NiM after removal of buffs. All kills after that are very nice, but cant be considered in this thread.

mhm..

May I just say this for now on the matter of PVE rage - ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha, that's some funny *** **** :p What are you going to do? Compare parses? 1v1 irl m8? :D

You're pretty amazing.

Edited by mastirkal

Thats exactly the point. A good player does everything for his raid. Even if this means he must switch classes (or roles).

We hab also roster problems. Going into Revan progression with only 8 man, because one of our healer decided that RL is more important for him. This was a huge problem but we even managed to replace him. So as we started with Revan I went from mando dps to mando heal. I literally never played heal before and i only got a 20 min advise from our other main healer, but the best part is i wiped and killed Revan with 100 % ACCURACY GEAR (it was my DD gear because we didnt wanted to waste time in Ravagers) and no one cares because IT WAS NOT NECESSARY to pose with that.

PS: Its true that we spent round about 150 hours at Revan and we are proud about it. Not because it took us so long, but we cleared it without the guide from zorz (their guide wasn´t available as we were wiping and trying out stuff on plattform 3) and we cleared it as a team showing that all what BW brings up we can beat as a team. Btw grats to Dxun.

Thats exactly the point. A good player does everything for his raid. Even if this means he must switch classes (or roles).

We hab also roster problems. Going into Revan progression with only 8 man, because one of our healer decided that RL is more important for him. This was a huge problem but we even managed to replace him. So as we started with Revan I went from mando dps to mando heal. I literally never played heal before and i only got a 20 min advise from our other main healer, but the best part is i wiped and killed Revan with 100 % ACCURACY GEAR (it was my DD gear because we didnt wanted to waste time in Ravagers) and no one cares because IT WAS NOT NECESSARY to pose with that.

PS: Its true that we spent round about 150 hours at Revan and we are proud about it. Not because it took us so long, but we cleared it without the guide from zorz (their guide wasn´t available as we were wiping and trying out stuff on plattform 3) and we cleared it as a team showing that all what BW brings up we can beat as a team. Btw grats to Dxun.

It's never really necessary, dilih did the same back when they got world first tfb nim dread guards, had a dps doing heals with accuracy gear, along with a tad other unoptimized classes.

I don't think the point of "bring the players not the class" was to suggest that you should abstain from bringing effective classes, it's quite seldom i think there's a group with a completely disadvantageous setup for a particular fight, ppl either respec or a few switch classes, but to stack them because it makes everything easier is kind of something else. But yeah fair enough you want to do it the fastest way possible, you want to be faster than everybody else, fine there's nothing wrong with it, but it's not necessary either.