PvP like Scoreboard for PvE

Torvai

Well the title basically says it all.

The technology obviously is already there. Just add a scoreboard that you can acess that shows the groups stats for the latest bossfight in any endgame flashpoints and operations. I don't think it's need for leveling.

Just like in PvP you'd see who did how much total damage, dps, healing, hps, damage taken, maybe add threat.

If we can't have a proper internal parsing programm, give us at least this, please :)

Edited by Torvai

we dont need an internal parsing program, there are external ones that are better. I don't see any value on this. PVP is more about bragging than anything. can do most damage heal the most and STILL lose *slow clap*

PVE you either clear it or you don't.

Well, I got the idea after reading this post:

Devs should replace or supplement recommended gear with recommended DPS/HPS (not sure of anything for tanks) since two people on the same gear can differ by a couple thousand dps in performance based on skill and experience. Telling a querer they probably should dummy parse >3500 or whatever for something would be more informative than stating what gear they should have.

Lots of other factors of course (eg long set up dot classes vs burst in that first BH fight will make a difference) but perhaps this would change people's expectations when they queue for content.

Wich I believe would be a good thing, but it would force people to use a third party programm. So a simple stat board that shows you how well you did on the dummy and OP bosses would be a good thing imo. Not that it's a new thing, other games have this already.

Yes, it could be that people get called out for being bad. That's exactly my point: To animate people to learn how to play, at least the basics. There are so many comm gear heroes doing raids and voting out other people that are better players but maybe have bad gear because they want to pug an op on their 20th toon. These good players often get kicked out of pugs because of gear, if something doesn't work out.(eg a boss enrages). Although they maybe contribute more than the guy right next to him in "full 192" commgear.

A scoreboard like this would actually show these people that they have no idea what numbers they or others put out and what is required for any given content. It could maybe just show if every group member reached a baseline(like required raiddps to beat enrage divided by the number of dps and then just show reached or not reached), not exact numbers, to prevent people from being a-holes.

So here and every other troll can harass and belittle people on how they under performed, creating a bigger wedge in already shattered community.

I know that this would be the risk. But on the other hand, only bads would have to fear this:o

Seriously, what would be so bad about it, if at the end of a boss fight you could access it if you're interested and it shows something like: required dps per dps player: X, your dps: Y ? Or just that you reched this requirement.

Same for healing and other relevant things.

I'd be okay with it only showing your numbers and the server average for you role. I don't think this community needs another avenue for cool kids harassing noobs. It's bad enough no one can take the time to teach new people how to play, so we don't need to show the world how bad they are then make fun of them for it too.

I'd be okay with it only showing your numbers and the server average for you role. I don't think this community needs another avenue for cool kids harassing noobs. It's bad enough no one can take the time to teach new people how to play, so we don't need to show the world how bad they are then make fun of them for it too.

I just said that

I know that this would be the risk. But on the other hand, only bads would have to fear this:o

Seriously, what would be so bad about it, if at the end of a boss fight you could access it if you're interested and it shows something like: required dps per dps player: X, your dps: Y ? Or just that you reched this requirement.

Given the "disclaimer" in your sig, I guess we know not to take your "suggestion" seriously. Seems kinda pointless to put joke suggestions in the Suggestion forum, though. Should be in Off-topic.

Given the "disclaimer" in your sig, I guess we know not to take your "suggestion" seriously. Seems kinda pointless to put joke suggestions in the Suggestion forum, though. Should be in Off-topic.

That's a point :D

But I'm serious about this. I know that it could lead to people harrassing others because of bad numbers. But on the other hand I have the hopes, that people will take this as a cause of motivation to learn at least the basics of their class and the game.

So in the long run the quality of players might get better because most don't want to embarrass themselves. So they'll learn.

Guess I can't really explain it good enough, since english isn't my first language:(

@adproduction : Go troll somewhere else. Cademimu, seriously? I'm taking about endgame here, not leveling Flashpoints. And just for you to understand, endgame means lvl 60 content, that you obviously haven't even seen yet. At least thats my impression when reading your (mostly senseless) posts.

Edited by Torvai

Well, I got the idea after reading this post:

Wich I believe would be a good thing, but it would force people to use a third party programm. So a simple stat board that shows you how well you did on the dummy and OP bosses would be a good thing imo. Not that it's a new thing, other games have this already.

Yes, it could be that people get called out for being bad. That's exactly my point: To animate people to learn how to play, at least the basics. There are so many comm gear heroes doing raids and voting out other people that are better players but maybe have bad gear because they want to pug an op on their 20th toon. These good players often get kicked out of pugs because of gear, if something doesn't work out.(eg a boss enrages). Although they maybe contribute more than the guy right next to him in "full 192" commgear.

A scoreboard like this would actually show these people that they have no idea what numbers they or others put out and what is required for any given content. It could maybe just show if every group member reached a baseline(like required raiddps to beat enrage divided by the number of dps and then just show reached or not reached), not exact numbers, to prevent people from being a-holes.

risk? you know that is what will happen, for example, on Star Trek Online, they have recently given all science vessels a secondary deflector, only the Light Science Vessel doesn't have one and the players have already deemed which one is the best one to use, the use of any other means you are going it wrong....this type of problem needs to stop.

In the end, endgame content should be challenging and wipes should occur more often if you are undergeared, but that doesn't mean, players should invent a higher requirement to do content to make sure they never wipe again.....its like playing a game with god mode....I may love to cheat in single player games, but there are things i don't do and that is making me invulnerable in the games i play.

The problem with endgame content is players try to make sure that they never fail....never wipe and what is the fun if you never wipe.

I have been removed from groups due to not having enough gear...even though the game says i have enough...the elitist snob however increased the bar to the minimum requirements of the group run...which i think should be a violation of the rules of the game and should be punishable by a warning and any further problems would turn into a temp ban.

The game has these requirements already in it, you don't need to add to it.

I have been removed from groups due to not having enough gear...even though the game says i have enough...the elitist snob however increased the bar to the minimum requirements of the group run...which i think should be a violation of the rules of the game and should be punishable by a warning and any further problems would turn into a temp ban.

Same here. And I had a parser running and told the person who kicked me out what kind of numbers I've been pulling. He didn't believe me or had a really wrong impression of whats needed for the content.

But imagine it this way: If this would be in the game, people maybe wouldn't vote you out directly just because of gear. They'd maybe say "Ok, we try it" since they can imediatly after the first bossfight see, if you did your part or not. If not, well, then they have a reason to kick you.

And in such cases, most of the pug heroes wearing nothing but crap comm gear would see that they aren't as good as they think they are.

risk? you know that is what will happen, for example, on Star Trek Online, they have recently given all science vessels a secondary deflector, only the Light Science Vessel doesn't have one and the players have already deemed which one is the best one to use, the use of any other means you are going it wrong....this type of problem needs to stop.

In the end, endgame content should be challenging and wipes should occur more often if you are undergeared, but that doesn't mean, players should invent a higher requirement to do content to make sure they never wipe again.....its like playing a game with god mode....I may love to cheat in single player games, but there are things i don't do and that is making me invulnerable in the games i play.

The problem with endgame content is players try to make sure that they never fail....never wipe and what is the fun if you never wipe.

Sssssssoooooo this!!!!