Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

So....about GTM prices

Sotmax

I hit 60 last week and thought that i need to upgrade gear to be competitive(and better ops role).

Are there serious inside gtm ? 1.5-3m for a 37 hilt and mod?

Who have all those $ and where to get some for myself? I have about one million and ok there are not much but i can move around and buy/sell some stuff.

What do you think of that? How is it possible for someone that is a newcomer to reach that level of $? Dont need it but i m curious about it....

I even pass 2k in my sentinel which is 18lvl and stil he is not able to reach a big amount of $.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do that but already have some starting gear. Problem is prices in gtm...starting gear ends at 36 or 36a(hilt,mod etc)

Why do you need to buy items out of the GTN which you can get out of Operations for free ? I mean, in the end when you need to swap a single mod ok, but before that ?

Edited by Neglience

You get 36/186 gear at lvl 60 with basic comms, from all sorts of dailies, then, FPs and OPs will get you the better comms(elites and ults) for your 37/192 and 38/198 gear. Dailies will get you some creds, too. If you really want fast creds, get yor slicing up to 500 and hit Yavin 4 for some serious slicing nodes! I make millions, and I do my crew missions for purple mats that rake in the extra creds, too.

As you said... Single mod :)

Sorry, you said you hit level 60 last week and are a newcomer. So it is obviously not the last mod you need to max out your operations gear.

Operations are the main way to get endgame gear. Play them and you will get your gear. If you want a shortcut, pay for it.

Edited by Neglience

You need rare materials to craft this stuff, materials you can only obtain from the endbosses of the two new operations in either 8man HC or 16man SM. And of course you need to learn the recipes of these mods with the infamous 20% chance by destroying drops from the operations in the first place (if you want the good stats, not endurance heavy). It isn't really worth the time or money, given how easy the alternative is.

It is much easier and faster to just start with good 186 mods, hilts, enhancements everyone can craft for level 56/58 (therefore these are usually very cheap and easy to get) and just play the 8 or 16 man SM operations für 192ilevel tokens.

basically.. those mods (especially certain hilts and barrels) are not for newcommers. they are for minmaxers wanting to start progression ops (aka hardmode or NIM once available) 186 commendation/crafted gear is more than sufficient to do story modes, especially once augmented properly. so yeah... save your money for augments - even if you craft your own, you still cannot get away from 42k per slot installation cost.

also... if you had finished rishi and yavin stories, you should have a minimum of 1 mil credits that character. (I'm erring on a side of caution, assuming you spent some credits here and there - but with training now being free, you get to keep majority of questing credits)

there are multiple ways of making credits in this game. dailies tend to be the most reliable (if slower than GTN pvp), especially if you do older dailies, that go so much faster at lvl 60, since mobs are usually 5 to 10 levels bellow you.

Sorry, you said you hit level 60 last week and are a newcomer. So it is obviously not the last mod you need to max out your operations gear.

Operations are the main way to get endgame gear. Play them and you will get your gear. If you want a shortcut, pay for it.

Serious answer :) thank you

About crew skills i ve made a terrible mistake and change skill at 40 lvl which that reset my whole skill number to zero. I was on artifice with decent level and start over on slicing. I reset it again on artifice/archaeology/treasure hunting and send companions to be able to achieve level again for making money.

At least i m learning from my mistakes...

Edited by Sotmax

I hit 60 last week and thought that i need to upgrade gear to be competitive(and better ops role).

Are there serious inside gtm ? 1.5-3m for a 37 hilt and mod?

Who have all those $ and where to get some for myself? I have about one million and ok there are not much but i can move around and buy/sell some stuff.

What do you think of that? How is it possible for someone that is a newcomer to reach that level of $? Dont need it but i m curious about it....

I even pass 2k in my sentinel which is 18lvl and stil he is not able to reach a big amount of $.

Whilst it may seem a high price, this is a price that can be achieved incredibly quickly if you are Level 60. Just doing the dailies on all the planets will net you in excess of 1 million credits for a few hours of play.

As mentioned you can actually get this yourself by running OPs.

But the most important thing to remember is that you don't actually need this, the person selling this got his original he reversed engineered using just a 186 hilt or barrel. So whilst it nice to have the best, you can get the one just below which is good enough.

The fact that you feel the need to come on the forum to complain about the cost would suggest to me that your not an end game raider, so this is not really something you need.

Whilst it may seem a high price, this is a price that can be achieved incredibly quickly if you are Level 60. Just doing the dailies on all the planets will net you in excess of 1 million credits for a few hours of play.

As mentioned you can actually get this yourself by running OPs.

But the most important thing to remember is that you don't actually need this, the person selling this got his original he reversed engineered using just a 186 hilt or barrel. So whilst it nice to have the best, you can get the one just below which is good enough.

The fact that you feel the need to come on the forum to complain about the cost would suggest to me that your not an end game raider, so this is not really something you need.

A fair answer. In fact and thats true is that i didnt know that dailies have so much of income. About the price is yet to high but not really complaining as i can understand how it is made of and oof course you can simply 'take it or leave it'. I have started to raise level in artifice and making some hoping to reach a good level.

Edited by Sotmax

Be wary of the promise of getting a million (or more) from dailies for a few hours of game play.

From my experience here's what I can see someone who isn't familiar with the dailies getting vs. time invested.

*Note* this is on a PVE server where you don't have to worry about PVP interference.

Ilum - 20-30 minutes until you get the hang of it, then 15 minutes...about 60k credits

Black Hole - At level 60 the heroic can be solo'd easily so no worry about getting a group - 30-45 mins...~ 60k

Section X - Need a group of 4 to complete the main heroic for weekly mission - 30-45 minutes for the rest...for the credits...it's been awhile, going to guess between 60-90k

CZ198 - At level 60 the flashpoints CAN be solo'd IF you know what you're doing, but it isn't worth the amount of time it takes. Regular missions take 20 minutes for about 40k

Oricron - Everything can be solo'd, takes about 30 minutes after you get the hang of it. There are many missions and I don't have the credit payout memorized, but probably close to 100k.

There are dailies on Rishi and Yavin. I haven't ran dailies on Rishi on a regular basis, they are spread out over the map, not worth it in my opinion as I've already max'd out the rep.

Yavin is taking me about an hour to do the dailies, not including the weekly 'kill Revan' mission that you can do. Haven't paid attention to the credit payout. Let's guess at 100k

After some quick math...

that comes to roughly 495k for almost 5 hours of game play when you're first starting them out.

After you get the hang of routes to take to speed things up, the time spent will decrease.

Edited by Darevsool

Your numbers seem a bit low to me. Assuming you do the Ilum heroic, just the mission rewards will get you past the 60k mark; that doesn't include drops (at least 1k - 1.5k credits per group in the heroic area, plus loot items).

Clearing the entire heroic in the Black Hole, I routinely make 30k+ credits just from mob drops, and it only takes an extra couple of minutes.

There is also a daily area on Belsavis that is not part of Section X -- fast and easy to steamroll at 60, and they're on the same planet -- I always end up with at least 125k credits from the non-Section X portion (quest rewards provide about 90k of that).

These are Empire estimates, but things don't seem to be much different Republic side. You can check Dulfy's Daily Credits Guide for the actual numbers.

Edited by SelinaH

Clearing the entire heroic in the Black Hole, I routinely make 30k+ credits just from mob drops, and it only takes an extra couple of minutes.

This. Loots plus the occasional chest finds regularly get me to around 150k from a run through Black Hole. CZ is a cake walk and can typically get around 60k as well. Yavin is incredibly profitable considering how long it takes to do the weekly (less than an hour for me).

A lot of the people who price these things so high are absolutely ridiculously greedy. I agree a lot of things cost way too many credits. Way too many, regardless of how many credits you have. It's still way too much sometimes. Edited by Sarfux

A lot of the people who price these things so high are absolutely ridiculously greedy. I agree a lot of things cost way too many credits. Way too many, regardless of how many credits you have. It's still way too much sometimes.

feel free to run the operation, win the random loot drop, proc the RE on the FIRST try. Then run HM or 16SM AND win that loot drop enough to actually craft said item (or purchase mats from the GTN at market price)...THEN tell us how much it should cost?

feel free to run the operation, win the random loot drop, proc the RE on the FIRST try. Then run HM or 16SM AND win that loot drop enough to actually craft said item (or purchase mats from the GTN at market price)...THEN tell us how much it should cost?

Pretty much this. Anyone who doesn't want to pay premium prices for a craftable item always has the option of taking the necessary steps to make it him/herself. I always wonder why the default response seems to be complaints of price-gouging when high-end crafters are unable, by definition, to gouge players on items that anyone can choose to make.

Be wary of the promise of getting a million (or more) from dailies for a few hours of game play.

From my experience here's what I can see someone who isn't familiar with the dailies getting vs. time invested.

*Note* this is on a PVE server where you don't have to worry about PVP interference.

Ilum - 20-30 minutes until you get the hang of it, then 15 minutes...about 60k credits

Black Hole - At level 60 the heroic can be solo'd easily so no worry about getting a group - 30-45 mins...~ 60k

Section X - Need a group of 4 to complete the main heroic for weekly mission - 30-45 minutes for the rest...for the credits...it's been awhile, going to guess between 60-90k

CZ198 - At level 60 the flashpoints CAN be solo'd IF you know what you're doing, but it isn't worth the amount of time it takes. Regular missions take 20 minutes for about 40k

Oricron - Everything can be solo'd, takes about 30 minutes after you get the hang of it. There are many missions and I don't have the credit payout memorized, but probably close to 100k.

There are dailies on Rishi and Yavin. I haven't ran dailies on Rishi on a regular basis, they are spread out over the map, not worth it in my opinion as I've already max'd out the rep.

Yavin is taking me about an hour to do the dailies, not including the weekly 'kill Revan' mission that you can do. Haven't paid attention to the credit payout. Let's guess at 100k

After some quick math...

that comes to roughly 495k for almost 5 hours of game play when you're first starting them out.

After you get the hang of routes to take to speed things up, the time spent will decrease.

You forgot Makeb, Belsavis and the GSI dalies. I don't disagree with your premise that people over exagerate the credits per hour for dailies but your timings and payouts are also a bit inaccurate.

Ilum pays just under 70k.

Black Hole is doable in 20 minutes easy (I was doing it in that back when level 50 was max) and pays 56k.

Section X is doable in 25 minutes Imperial, 35 minutes Republic including the Heroic Area but not the H4. It pays 90k.

CZ I can do in 15 minutes but it only pays 36k. Personally I like the place as somewhere to pass time while waiting for queues to pop.

Oricon usually takes me a bit over 30 minutes including the heroic. It pays 88k.

I haven't run the Makeb dailies enough to work out the best route or what my usual time is. I have tried the heroics with the GSI buff and it was possible to solo them at 55. Should be really easy at 60.

Details can be seen on Dulfy.

Agreed, I always solo the Heroic just to get 100% of the credit / loot drops, and occasionally, if I'm hurting for credits, after running it solo I'll offer to run anyone else who needs it through just so I can get 50% of their drops, too. (I've only done that a max of two times after my solo-clear, though, my desire for credits only leads me to repeat the same content so often during a single sitting.)

Black Hole and CZ are nice for how quick they are, and Ilum is nice for the high credit mission rewards and how easy it is. Oricon and Yavin I'll usually just do each once a week for the weekly, but as long as you do all the bonus missions they each add up to a nice haul as well (especially if you find a chest or two along the way). Belsavis, Makeb, and GSI missions I generally avoid unless I'm low on credits just because of how spread out they are. Section X I usually avoid just because it's a pain to get a full team of 4 for the 'puzzle' at the end of the Heroic.

Rishi I just keep forgetting about :o

Edited by DarthDymond

Outrageous, ridiculous prices on a lot of things. No matter how you want to spin it.

Outrageous, ridiculous prices on a lot of things. No matter how you want to spin it.

I actually find the prices reasonable (at least on shadowlands) for the 37 barrels and hilts. But it really doesn't matter what you or I think. They have the freedom to list at whatever price they want, and we have the freedom to purchase at that price or not. So we all have choices.

You are free to not buy them until they reach a price you are willing to pay. Additionally feel free to make said items that others are willing to pay for, and make a nice hefty profit for yourself. In either case, its a free market people are able to price and buy at their leisure. I don't sit here and complain about the prices of a Ferrari nor the price of Cheese in Alaska. Both are priced that way for a reason. If you don't like it, go without. Alternatively feel free to sell at what you think it reasonable.

Explain why you think so. Just insisting they're outrageous isn't an argument.

Edit:

I can't afford a Gulfstream 650. So I fly coach.

I can't afford a Shelby Cobra Spyder. So I drive a Honda.

I can't afford a private island in the Bahamas. So I rent a home outside LA.

But you don't see me complaining about it either.

People post expensive things on the GTN all the time. I don't buy them. If someone else does, then that person considered it a price they were willing to pay. The buyers determine the market value of things JUST AS MUCH as the sellers do.

Edited by Khevar

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.