Please make starting a new guild requirements more strict.

jozimmie

Every day on fleet just as bad as the gold spammers, is somebody asking "LF4M to create a guild, will pay you 10k and you can leave after". These f2p Guild name registration businesses are out of control. Any name or object dealing with star wars already has the name registered to one of these fools and you can visit a website to purchase a guild name that has already been registered but not really used. This not only makes it extremely difficult for a new legitimate guild to get started but it is placing a US monetary value on something that is property of EA/BIOWARE. I would say these guys are just as scummy as gold sellers yet everyday people obviously join their groups to sign their charters.

Why not make it to where if the guild does not have at least 5 active players for every 2 weeks or month that the guild is cut from the list of registered guilds. And if you think your guild is active with less than that many players, you're totally missing the point of being associated with a guild.

active doing what, a flashpoint, a four man pvp group assuming all members are on? stop trolling the suggestion forum

Just because someone posts a response you don't like doesn't mean he/she is trolling. Your suggestion would remove small, close-knit guilds for little to no benefit. You are not the arbiter of whether a guild is "active."

If you can't handle other players discussing your suggestion without getting riled by disagreement, you may want to contact BioWare directly rather than post on a forum where others have the option to voice their objections.

No I'm sticking up for my point that small guilds that you called close-knit are inconsequential and they are like the tooth fairy, you hear of them but they don't actually exist nor do they matter. And I apologize to you personally for posting a suggestion in the suggestion forum. Thanks trolololol ;)

No I'm sticking up for my point that small guilds that you called close-knit are inconsequential and they are like the tooth fairy, you hear of them but they don't actually exist nor do they matter.

At this point, I feel that more of these "inconsequential" small guilds exist than do actual suggestions in this forum. The trolltastic buffoonery has been spectacular of late.

And I apologize to you personally for posting a suggestion in the suggestion forum. Thanks trolololol ;)

You're welcome! Enjoy your fries!

Why not make it to where if the guild does not have at least 5 active players for every 2 weeks or month

brilliant idea

also BW should take characters' names away if smbd didnt play for 2 weeks or month. :D

oh and permadeath ofc - your character dies from mobs - start the new one cz that one is dead)))))

They do exist - I currently run one. And while they may be inconsequential or may not matter to you, I'd go out on a limb to say they do matter to the people involved in them, and I can say for sure they matter to me. I'd rather be apart of/have a small, close-knit guild than a large one where there's no interaction or anything amongst the members, which I've seen many of times.

So if you want to complain about illegitimate guilds, go ahead - hell, if that stuff you explained really is happening, I'm with ya'. But trying to penalize legitimate, small guilds for it, especially on the idea that they're "inconsequential and don't exist", is beyond ridiculous.

"Hello, Bioware?

I am currently in a 27 person guild. We are active and stuff. We do all sorts of... Things.

We participate regularly in ... Activities.

Anyway, I was just thinking that you should really do something about all of those stupid, inconsequential guilds out there that don't do things or participate in activities.

You know... The ones with less than 25 people.

Stupid to have a guild with less than 25 people.

Oh, and while you are at it, the guild should be capped because it's unfair to guilds with 27 people that they can't get conquest points as easily as larger guilds.

A maximum of 30 people seems reasonable to me. Anything larger than that and it becomes too impersonal, anyway.

Thanks.

Signed, someone that knows what's best for everyone"

Edited by Mithros

active doing what, a flashpoint, a four man pvp group assuming all members are on? stop trolling the suggestion forum

Playing the game that we pay to play. The world is bigger then your back yard, you are not the most important person on this or any other planet. For me the only troll post was yours. See how that works. So the name you want is taken. Find a different name and stop trying to make the world over in your own image.

Man the way some players think they have a right to dictate to others what they can and cannot do in game is far more annoying than anything I see in general chat.

Cannot agree with you OP, you just don't have the right to say how other players run there guilds.

Other than 1 guild Guardians of Destany which is a large guild almost to the max, I have never been happy in large guilds and always opt for smaller guilds. Guardians of Destany for me is the exception.

Edited by DreadtechSavant