One time password everytime?

MrDhillon

Am I the only one who gets this?

Why do I get it? I mean, I play in the same place and on the same device all the time, using the same internet. If I log out for 30 minutes or so to go eat, I have to wait for the one time password. If I get disconnected, same thing. What's the issue?

It may not seem like much but having to do it every time gets a bit grating.

For the website or the game?

If site then:

Do you allow cookies to be saved?

Are you talking about the Security Key code? If yes, then that's what the key codes do.

If you are using a device only you use, why are you logging out for lunch and such? I just lock my phone and eat lunch. Or carry my phone, read the forums and argue/talk while eating.

If game:

Are you talking about the Security Key code? If yes, then it's doing its job as a security key.

If you are talking about on the webpage, it is because you probably have cookies disabled. It tracks by the presence of the cookie, not based on IP address i think.

If you're talking about the launcher, it's a bit more complex, I believe it does the same thing as the browser really, store a small temporary file on your computer somewhere that contains the validation information the log in server wants.

Best solution for both is to get a security key. If you have a smartphone, just download the app, it's free and gives you free CC and access to the security key vendors. If you don't have a smart phone, download bluestacks or some other android emulator and get the app on there. Same deal really.

If you do have a security key and still getting one-time password stuff, something fishy is going on and you should contact customer support.

If you don't have a smart phone, download bluestacks or some other android emulator and get the app on there. Same deal really.

While that's a good idea to get the extra 100cc/mo and access to the security key vendor, ultimately it's also more annoying than one-time passwords ever were. It asks for a key every time, and bluestacks is slow to start / bit of a ressource hog. Checking your mail is painless in comparison.

Edited by Loc_n_lol

While that's a good idea to get the extra 100cc/mo and access to the security key vendor, ultimately it's also more annoying than one-time passwords ever were. It asks for a key every time, and bluestacks is slow to start / bit of a ressource hog. Checking your mail is painless in comparison.

depends on the mail provider I think.

If you got to log on to webmail every time, then getting the password is a real pain.

Sorry I should have been more clear, it is on the launcher when I start the game up. It isn't the security key. As the person above me stated, the email takes a random length of time, so sometimes I am just twiddling my thumbs waiting to start, I'm just curious as to why it constantly asks me, even if I had been playing 10 minutes prior.

• 2 months later...
I'm getting this as well, but only when it has been a few days that I have not logged into the launcher. Yes it is really annoying !

well the get a smart phone/tablet/android emulater and download the security key app. OR purchase a static IP from your ISP. But anytime your IP address changes via your ISP or cookie gets out of date/synch you'll have to re-enter the password.

Am I the only one who gets this?

Why do I get it? I mean, I play in the same place and on the same device all the time, using the same internet. If I log out for 30 minutes or so to go eat, I have to wait for the one time password. If I get disconnected, same thing. What's the issue?

It may not seem like much but having to do it every time gets a bit grating.

You need to get out from behind the 7 proxies you use to DL pirated One Direction concert vids.

Or you might just need a static instead of a dynamic ip.

Edited by Joesixxpack