The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Any way to increase AP/PYRO survivability in ranked wz?

MasterXlos

I feel like I'm paper thin.. I'm fully min maxed with power augs and ench & mods. I just not sure what it is i can do to help my team. I last about 15 to 20 secs max in a match just getting purely focus any help please? it's incredibly frustrating Edited by MasterXlos

I feel like I'm paper thin.. I'm fully min maxed with power augs and ench & mods. I just not sure what it is i can do to help my team. I last about 15 to 20 secs max in a match just getting purely focus any help please? it's incredibly frustrating

It seems like this is a problem that isn't gonna change much in the near future, so I'd suggest accepting the fact that without a healer or tank, you will not last much longer.

Utility-wise.. shoulder cannon heals (shield cannon) is a MUST, pyro shield helps a bit with the damage in that little time while you live, sonic rebounder can help your team a bit, even after you die and fuel additive gives you +5% damage reduction.

The reason for that last utility is the following: stacking the damage reductions means the damage required for the opponents to deal to you in order to kill you is growing exponentially.. well kinda.

Meaning:

You have 42k hp:

No damage reduction -> 42k damage needed to kill you.

5% damage reduction -> 42k/0.95=44.21k damage needed to kill you (~you have +2.21k hp).

25% damage reduction -> 42k/0.75=56k damage needed to kill you (~you have +14k hp).

30% damage reduction -> 42k/0.7=60k damage needed to kill you (~you have +18k hp).

(the "+ hp" did not add up, they grew exponentially)

So.. IF and only IF they are really focusing you and you have absolutely no way to stay alive for a long time (no healer, no tank in your team), use every damage reduction skill you have, including the wz adrenal. For the next 15 secs they will need a lot of damage to kill you, damage them as much as possible, use the aoe taunt for your team to get the reflect skill, use your medpac and shoulder cannons to heal. Use the h.o. to run around making them a bit harder to hit you. Also use your stuns near death.

If they are really focusing you, by the time you die, your opponents will lose their bursty skills, some defensive skills and hp due to your teammates attacking them (hopefully), your teammates will be near full hp, having your reflect buff, with full def skills. Hopefully this will give them the advantage to win the match.

Oh and I recommend AP and not Pyro.. passive damage absorbtion there, even if very little, +3 sc, meaning +15% hp and +30% damage reduction while stunned.. which also means that if your defensive skills are ticking and you get stunned, you might not want to get out right away.. (remember, the damage reduction stacking!). You won't be damaging, but your teammates will, and your opponents will waste much more damage on you.

Thanks for the input I'll give it a try. Should i consider gear more defensively? Equipping shield and going with sheild chance augs, using bulwark ench, and using relic of sheild & relic of reactive wardin? I know my health & dps will drop some but would the mitigation be worth the trade off? Edited by MasterXlos

Thanks for the input I'll give it a try. Should i consider gear more defensively? Equipping shield and going with sheild chance augs, using bulwark ench, and using relic of sheild & relic of reactive wardin? I know my health & dps will drop some but would the mitigation be worth the trade off?

While I am not too good at PvP, I do know this is the worst possible action anyone can make in the game ever.

Hell, even the tanks aren't using shield augs. A PvP tank wants as low defense as possible, then as much HP as possible, and any other stats go into Shield/Absorb. If you feel you must gear more defensively, then your only option would be A-mods and mid-range Power/Alacrity enhancements (Alacrity because it reduces the cooldown on Shoulder Cannon). Even then, its stupid, dont do it. Ever.

well bulwark gives shield chance and absorb and more endurance. Not sure where you got the defense stat from but I said shield chance aug to get it to about 25% or so then use fortitude augs for the rest? not sure how much i would get from going full bulwark but it it gets me to 25% from full ench then ill just go full fortitude. thoughts?

Use HO, shields, sonic rebounder, the adrenal, and hump a pillar. The last part is most important, abusing HO and the stupid buggy LOS code in this game. Use your stuns defensively (except against Sins, but seriously **** them and Biofail)

You should be lasting more than 15 seconds, and your team should be killing them while they're busy.

Edited by Brunner_Venda