Kinetic Combat Shadows Up Coming Change's & PvP

allexj

Today , 05:12 AM | #1

EDIT REPORT POST QUOTE

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=794701

I have a shadow Kenitic Combat spec now its not completely geared out

I currently have about 1K expertise so I know I'm far from done but I do have a few questions. So I have noticed that I really can't damage anyone much nor can I out tank the damage they are putting out if I'm 1v1 for JG/SW, Merc(no idea which spec) and snipers. Either they burn me down as I vary slowly take their health down or just can't damage them enough to kill a ant before I have 50k worth of damage done to me. So from my understanding I should be able to out tank the amount of damage they are doing while slowly killing them however I just don't see how? I I have a bit of a ways to go before 2018 expertise. Now I have done like 500.000k damage in WZ before but its mostly AoE. So I know I can damage people just not one person at a time dose that make any sense? Not sure I see how that helps the group as a whole if I'm a tank. I just wanted to get people opinion of this. And how I should go about fixing it?

Now the changes that may be made to force breach will it help? I'm not sure this is the right direction for ken shadows as a whole if this problem is much more wide spread wouldn't it be more advantages to make so we have some single target DPS not much just a bit more so we can have a chance to do more damage, I was thinking making the one DoT we have (can't rember the name 3 second cast time) do more damage? Its interruptible so they can stop the damage if can remember to hit the right button. Anyway just wondering if that made more sense to anyone else

I would say its the expertise that's factoring into your 1v1 issue. Since youdon't have max expertise yet and assuming your enemies do, you can get cut down pretty fast despite being a tank. Do you happen to be augmented as well? If no then augmenting your gear will help out a lot (recommend augmenting the moddable stuff first when you find a look you like, then waiting to augment the dark reaver implats, earpieces, and relics). Most Shadow tank DPS is mostly going to be AoE fluff damage from Slow Time and Force Breach, but i have heard of ppl running DPS gear in tank spec with a shield offhand and having surprisingly good killing power, though i think you wont be quite as sturdy with this option but its something to consider. Just something to keep in mind is that you are a tank. your main role is to guard your teammates (Healers primarily) moreso than do epic dps. Leave that to the dps on your team.

As far as the changes to Force Breach that are intended for 3.1, I think it will help boost our AoE damage a bit and will have a place in single target (1v1) scenarios, but i do not think it will do so much more that you will be killing ppl with it lol

Edited by UrbanSaint

I would say its the expertise that's factoring into your 1v1 issue. Since youdon't have max expertise yet and assuming your enemies do, you can get cut down pretty fast despite being a tank. Do you happen to be augmented as well? If no then augmenting your gear will help out a lot (recommend augmenting the moddable stuff first when you find a look you like, then waiting to augment the dark reaver implats, earpieces, and relics). Most Shadow tank DPS is mostly going to be AoE fluff damage from Slow Time and Force Breach, but i have heard of ppl running DPS gear in tank spec with a shield offhand and having surprisingly good killing power, though i think you wont be quite as sturdy with this option but its something to consider. Just something to keep in mind is that you are a tank. your main role is to guard your teammates (Healers primarily) moreso than do epic dps. Leave that to the dps on your team.

As far as the changes to Force Breach that are intended for 3.1, I think it will help boost our AoE damage a bit and will have a place in single target (1v1) scenarios, but i do not think it will do so much more that you will be killing ppl with it lol

I understand im not meant to kill however if im defending a node then how can i defend the node if i dont have a chance to kill anything

I understand im not meant to kill however if im defending a node then how can i defend the node if i dont have a chance to kill anything

You're not really meant to solo defend a node. You call/post in ops chat as soon as you see a red tag on your horizon and you use your stealth mezz to buy your teammates 16 seconds (2 uses, 8 seconds each) to come assist. My mindset/order of importance when I'm defending an offnode is: call, delay the enemy, stop caps, stay alive, kill the opponents. In that order.

And yes having 1000 expertise (is that in a wz with bolster or out?) is really hampering you too.

Its up to 1200 now out side wz however inside I'm at 1600 last I looked. Well it seems the commen consensus is that tank don't kill things in PvP however I feel like other tanks don't have this problem. Do they have summarily issues?

Its up to 1200 now out side wz however inside I'm at 1600 last I looked. Well it seems the commen consensus is that tank don't kill things in PvP however I feel like other tanks don't have this problem. Do they have summarily issues?

Why are people entering PvP without expertise cap? There is no excuse for such low expertise, regardless of DPS, Tank or Heal. Get maximum expertise please. It is priority.

Why are people entering PvP without expertise cap? There is no excuse for such low expertise, regardless of DPS, Tank or Heal. Get maximum expertise please. It is priority.

They're not talking ranked. It's unacceptable to enter ranked without full expertise, but unranked is an entirely different story. They have to start somewhere, and not everyone levels up via PvP, and in fact, some people don't PvP while leveling, and only get into it at level cap. It's unreasonable to ask them to level up a new character just so they can enter 60 PvP expertise capped.

They're not talking ranked. It's unacceptable to enter ranked without full expertise, but unranked is an entirely different story. They have to start somewhere, and not everyone levels up via PvP, and in fact, some people don't PvP while leveling, and only get into it at level cap. It's unreasonable to ask them to level up a new character just so they can enter 60 PvP expertise capped.

Except it's idiotically easy to assemble a bolster set.

This

~350 basic comms for 140s from makeb vendor + Black Market earpiece/implants and 2 relics from the LS/DS vendor and the only thing you are missing is the expertise from crystals.

Better yet, keep the gear from Forged Alliances, then get 1 Implant and 2 relics from the 55 basic comms vendor

I haven't had a less than full bolster toon in a PvP match yet (yay, same expertise as level 55), is the bolster really so significant that you can hit full expertise without any PvP gear?

First I didn't learn about the expertise and bolster tell after I had bought my 186 pve gear now I am working on correcting that issue. Second I'd like to point out that I am on average still in top rankings on every match I play 85% of the time my average damage per match is 370k+ and tanking damage is 175k+ and my highest iv ever done I think was 345k damage tanked. Im just paying attention to my toon and my experience within the wzs and I have noticed that I have some issues 1v1 with some classes and I do know they may have more expertise then my however I'm only talking about extream cases where I can only do 10k damage to a sniper and he just cuts me down to less then 1/4 of my health in a few seconds without even feeling threatened by my light saber hitting him in the head or sj/jg who take zero to almost no damage but put out 3 times the DPs I do without CD active. These are vary selective events within the war zone that I want to stop having issues with. Now if you can't be polite and friendly about it then please carry yourself to a different thread.

I haven't had a less than full bolster toon in a PvP match yet (yay, same expertise as level 55), is the bolster really so significant that you can hit full expertise without any PvP gear?

Yeah, the rishi and yavin green 162/168 stuff is BiS before exhumed.