please fix bolster, it is not hard look inside

DarthRaistlin

if gear does not equal exhumed or dark reaver, make slot recruit gear, for every piece of gear, simple. My mentally challenged monkey can even write the code for you if needed. This pertains to every piece of gear in the game, if its not the two pvp sets, it gets generic recruit gear stats.

So many bads with 800 expertise its sickening. please fix it for the mentally challenged who play this game in pve gear.

How are they mentally challenged? They are just ignorant, not stupid..

It stops being ignorance when you point it out in a nice way, only to be told "F#@K OFF" or "Mind your own business". No idea how many times this has happened. /sigh

This is an astoundingly simple yet elegant idea. Every class would have a set basis for gear, just make everyone the same, the only differences being between the class roles - tanks for instance would have more hp. But everyone would be max expertise and have a level footing. It would also help with the discrepancies in mids, though of course you would still have the differences in abilities, but this would certainly do a lot to even the playing field.

This would be even easier to do now that there are only disciplines and no trees for hybrids.

Oh you're specced tank -- you get a tank set of gear. Healer? You get more alacrity and less of this or that. A lot of white damage... accuracy to 105%.

Everyone bolstered up and down to the same level, unless you grind out actual PvP gear. This would be nice.

Edited by Monterone

This would be even easier to do now that there are only disciplines and no trees for hybrids.

Oh you're specced tank -- you get a tank set of gear. Healer? You get more alacrity and less of this or that. A lot of white damage... accuracy to 105%.

Everyone bolstered up and down to the same level, unless you grind out actual PvP gear. This would be nice.

let's hope more people read it and comment on it so hopefully it gets noticed.

Honestly, bolster doesn't belong in 60s at all. Expertise would do its job just fine if bolster wasn't there. It would make pve gear garbage in PvP and make PvP gear garbage in pve. Period. Then you hand out a set of recruit gear every 2 tiers of PvP gear (none of this nonsense about selling it). There you go. Problem solved. Really. That's it. Turn up/down the dial on expertise to fine tune.

Bolster and expertise together is what screws up the system at 60.

Honestly, bolster doesn't belong in 60s at all. Expertise would do its job just fine if bolster wasn't there. It would make pve gear garbage in PvP and make PvP gear garbage in pve. Period. Then you hand out a set of recruit gear every 2 tiers of PvP gear (none of this nonsense about selling it). There you go. Problem solved. Really. That's it. Turn up/down the dial on expertise to fine tune.

Bolster and expertise together is what screws up the system at 60.

here is a little more detail about what I am proposing. no matter what bracket you are in or level, the game will look to see if you have one of the 2 current pvp sets of armor on. if you do, great, bolster now leaves you alone and allows you to have semi custom stats of your choosing.

If you do not have the 2 current sets on, the game then gives you one. the same one it gives to anyone else in your class and discipline. this would not only fix the bads wearing pve gear and losing expertise, but it would also help in midbies where there are twinks running around in full brut gear.

I mistyped a word in my last post in this thread so I am forced to bump this again. FIX BOLSTER PLZ BIOWARE WE LOVE YOU!!!!

-signed by a faithful, wishful, and hopeful customer since the days of WAR. -Lhancelot!

Gear Bolster is not broken... It is working as intended... Which is to say it is based on the brutaliser 162 gear...

What isn't bolstered is the extra stats people get as they LVL up...

It is not hard to get 2018 expertise... People are just ignorant and rude about it... I have politely tried to help people the last week in gearing for pvp and maximising expertise... Most refuse to listen and are rude about it... Others say it's pugs so it doesn't matter

Read this thread... It details how to get 2018 expertise from LVL 21-60...

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=795518

If you see people in matches try to educate them or point them in the direction of this thread

Edited by Icykill_

here is a little more detail about what I am proposing. no matter what bracket you are in or level, the game will look to see if you have one of the 2 current pvp sets of armor on. if you do, great, bolster now leaves you alone and allows you to have semi custom stats of your choosing.

If you do not have the 2 current sets on, the game then gives you one. the same one it gives to anyone else in your class and discipline. this would not only fix the bads wearing pve gear and losing expertise, but it would also help in midbies where there are twinks running around in full brut gear.

sounds more complicated than what they already fail at trying to do. expertise and recruit set are much simpler and definitively do the job. but, alas, I'm talking to a brick wall (not you). they're married to bolster.

sounds more complicated than what they already fail at trying to do. expertise and recruit set are much simpler and definitively do the job. but, alas, I'm talking to a brick wall (not you). they're married to bolster.

We don't need recruit sets... They never get the stats right anyway... You only need to look at exhumed/reaver gear to see how they get it wrong... I would rather use PVE gear that bolsters so I can have the stats that I want

Plus, the idea of gearing and customisation is so you can have the setup the way you want it... Otherwise the game is generic and you might as well go play a console game

We don't need recruit sets... They never get the stats right anyway... You only need to look at exhumed/reaver gear to see how they get it wrong... I would rather use PVE gear that bolsters so I can have the stats that I want

Plus, the idea of gearing and customisation is so you can have the setup the way you want it... Otherwise the game is generic and you might as well go play a console game

you wrote an entire thread detailing the importance of expertise over anything else and you're seriously coming here and saying give me pve in lieu of expertise.

look. I get that they aren't going to do what they should do because they're married to their abomination (bolster). but don't pretend for a second that eliminating bolster completely and relying solely on expertise to weed out improper gear sets or exploits isn't the simplest, most absolute solution they can come up with without simply flatlining all gear an eliminating the gear grind. and why the hell would you need customizable recruit gear when you'd replace it in 1-2 weeks? most of it would be replaced the second you ding 60...

Gear Bolster is not broken... It is working as intended... Which is to say it is based on the brutaliser 162 gear...

What isn't bolstered is the extra stats people get as they LVL up...

It is not hard to get 2018 expertise... People are just ignorant and rude about it... I have politely tried to help people the last week in gearing for pvp and maximising expertise... Most refuse to listen and are rude about it... Others say it's pugs so it doesn't matter

Read this thread... It details how to get 2018 expertise from LVL 21-60...

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=795518

If you see people in matches try to educate them or point them in the direction of this thread

I realize the issue is deeper than "fix bolster nao it will make everything perfect!" We long ago figured out it was not the 55 pvp sets in mids that was actually giving the huge advantage to the 55-59s... It was just the added bonus to stats as you level up that was giving the advantage to the 55-59s etc.

I am just tired of spewing the same thing over and over. I created many threads bringing this topic up, and mostly in the beginning it was greeted with zero support by many of the forumquesters. At this point, it's pretty much accepted now by most that something is amiss particularly in the mids bracket.

I just lump it all together and call it "the bolster problem", because it's easier and simpler. Also, it's the devs jobs to sort it out exactly. We have already given details on the issues, the ball is in the devs court now, so to speak.

I am just clarifying I understand it's not just bolster that is broken. But, they can start by leveling that out too when it comes to different gears giving different stats, particularly how higher end gears give lesser pvp stats from bolster. That is as some said, "counter-intuitive".

Gear in the mids isn't the issue. It's multipliers involved with leveling in conjunction with bolster.

Also recruit gear broke PVE and PvP.

1. By having PVE stats comparable to their PVE counterparts.

2. Unmodified pieces.

3. People didn't wear it

4. Top tier PVE gear was marketly better in the bolster free system.

If you want to give away free sets and not break PVE, you have to remove the main/END and give the set only EXP, and bolster main/END to competitive levels,, but then bolster already does that on 80% of the PVE gear in the game, so there is really no point in adding it back.

A better option is to give top tier PVE gear more EXP from bolster, so they can actually compete, without having to change gear. It's dumb to "need" two sets to consume any content on this game at this point.

A better option is to give top tier PVE gear more EXP from bolster, so they can actually compete, without having to change gear. It's dumb to "need" two sets to consume any content on this game at this point.

lol no. honestly. if you can't be bothered to put on a FREE armor set that you'll only need for 1-2 weeks, then you deserve whatever you get in a WZ. really. it's not a big deal. bolster causes more headaches than it's worth. increase the significance of expertise and cut the main stats in half equivalent to the expertise that's on each set of gear. eliminate the expertise cap. raise the expertise on "recruit gear" every two pvp tiers. it's so Fing basic, there's no way to screw it up. bolster requires this that and the other calculation. it nerfs this and buffs that. etc.

K. I. S. S. keep it simple stupid.

I think you guys are missing the point. There no need whatsoever for actual new armour sets, they can use the same system that bolster uses but change how it works, quite simply. If you are wearing pve gear in a particular slot, the game notices this and sets you a specific value of stats ( that is the same across the board for your spec/class) and this could be considered tier one pvp or some such, tier two would be exhumed, tier three is dark reaver (bolster would not effect the stats on these pieces) all mids would be tier one and have level 59 comparable stats.

I think you guys are missing the point. There no need whatsoever for actual new armour sets, they can use the same system that bolster uses but change how it works, quite simply. If you are wearing pve gear in a particular slot, the game notices this and sets you a specific value of stats ( that is the same across the board for your spec/class) and this could be considered tier one pvp or some such, tier two would be exhumed, tier three is dark reaver (bolster would not effect the stats on these pieces) all mids would be tier one and have level 59 comparable stats.

Recruit gear is close to what I've already suggested in an older thread.

Add some full armor sets without bonuses to the PvP vendor with 2018 expertise on it for a few credits, but with 20-25% less stats/power than the 1st tier PvP gear, more or less optimized.

This way, you can buy a lockbox with everything in it, non-moddable, so you can start grinding your gear if you're a fresh lvl 60 or play PvP in good condition if you are not a PvPer without having to min max your PvE gear with bolster.

Then you can get rid of bolster in lvl 60 bracket at least.

For lowbies, just do the same with a lvl 10 gear lockbox, a lvl 30 one, and another lvl 50 one, then get rid of bolster the same way.

Also, brackets should be 10-29, 30-49, 50-59.

The lockbox should be affordable, if not almost free.

We only need 2 type of lockboxes : one for DPS and heal, and another for tanks.

Problem solved.

Another solution would be to get rid of bolster in lvl 60 bracket, and add a PvP tab where you can min/max your stats like you want with a base pool of points, and you also earn more points with your Valor levels for a 0.05% crit or +0.5 bonus damage per point for example.

Everybody with the same beginning stats when going into a WZ/Arena considering the role of the spec you chose (heal/tank/DPS). Set bonuses would be unlocked with comms in this tab. Comms could also be used to earn valor XP so you can grind your levels to earn more points and get some little stat boost that wouldn't make you heavily stronger than a lvl 40 valor player.

No more gear stats in PvP, no more bolster, better personal optimization, no more disparity between players stats/gear, no more excuses, no more PvP bolster crap that even the devs doesn't know how it really works, no more problems about a new lvl 60 player or a PvEer wanting to do some PvP sometimes in your game.

Edited by DarkNecroCrusher

Recruit gear is close to what I've already suggested in an older thread.

Add some full armor sets without bonuses to the PvP vendor with 2018 expertise on it for a few credits, but with 20-25% less stats/power than the 1st tier PvP gear, more or less optimized.

This way, you can buy a lockbox with everything in it, non-moddable, so you can start grinding your gear if you're a fresh lvl 60 or play PvP in good condition if you are not a PvPer without having to min max your PvE gear with bolster.

You already get a free set of gear that's perfect for starting 60 PvP: the 162 reward set for finishing the SoR prelude.

The problem is that people don't know and don't want to know. They think raid gear is appropriate.

It stops being ignorance when you point it out in a nice way, only to be told "F#@K OFF" or "Mind your own business". No idea how many times this has happened. /sigh
My favorite: "I'm just here for Conquest."

Yeah, something like this. I honestly do not understand how the devs have this impossible time of balancing bolster out so it manages all gears properly. If people on these forums can explain in mathematical terms what to do, these devs surely have the knowledge to do that, right?

I guess if the devs are so incompetent and can truly not figure out a way to balance their own bolster system...lol....then sure, create a set for pvp for everyone to wear that makes everyone's stats balanced so no one is getting a drastic stat improvement over others. If this is the only way they can do it, then do it.

FFS. This is just to the point of being comical how stupidly imbalanced pvp is because of bolster and OTHER issues that MANY people have pointed out clearly and concisely in the forums here.