Do any of the Devs actually PLAY this class with any consistency????

ARIZONAMAN

I'm just getting back in to the game after 3-4 months off due to work. I play all eight classes on both Republic and Imperial sides. All eight of my Republic characters are 55+, most of my Imps are too. I am competitive in PVP and do as much raiding as I can as well. After adjusting to the classes, here are my observations:

1. Ranged dps is an 'easy button.' How is it okay for rdps to parse as high as melee? Given all the inherent perks to playing a ranged class, especially in this game, how is it okay that their dps is on par/higher than melee?

2. Healing seems pretty fun. My operative healer (56)/scoundrel healer (55) almost never die in pvp though, which shouldn't happen. They are still way too easy. In raids they seem about right, especially now that I don't have to keep re-applying my dot heals as much.

3. Melee dps: My jugg is super fun to play and the rotations are nice. The survivability is good, which it should be for a melee!! But I have a really hard time keeping track of my target in pvp, it's awful. My sent and mara are so fun visually to play, but as mechanics go they are just broken, which led to the title of my post.

4. Stealth classes: way op, as usual for pvp. More viable to bring along as dps now in raids, but it has tipped them way over the edge in terms of strength for pvp.

Energy is not an issue for any of my characters now, except for healers sometimes, and sent/mara. My gunslinger/sniper seems to never go below 85%, I can do whatever I want. Same is true for commando/merc, while not quite as easy for sage/sorcs. Assassins/shadows are pretty good too. And then there's sent/maras. They don't have an instant focus generator like juggs/gaurdians, and don't have the defense abilities either, or the healing abilites.

I see there are tons of posts highlighting the problems facing the sent/mara class; but very little response other than 'we know you're upset.' So hey devs, any of you actually play this class?

I don't see how.

In PvP, this class is a glass cannon with no uptime on any target with enough neurons to form a synapse.

If you don't enjoy sitting in a root, stun, mez, or slow and going from 100-0% health in 2-3 GCDs, roll something else.

I'm not being hyperbolic. It really is that bad.

:(

I'm just getting back in to the game after 3-4 months off due to work. I play all eight classes on both Republic and Imperial sides. All eight of my Republic characters are 55+, most of my Imps are too. I am competitive in PVP and do as much raiding as I can as well. After adjusting to the classes, here are my observations:

1. Ranged dps is an 'easy button.' How is it okay for rdps to parse as high as melee? Given all the inherent perks to playing a ranged class, especially in this game, how is it okay that their dps is on par/higher than melee?

2. Healing seems pretty fun. My operative healer (56)/scoundrel healer (55) almost never die in pvp though, which shouldn't happen. They are still way too easy. In raids they seem about right, especially now that I don't have to keep re-applying my dot heals as much.

3. Melee dps: My jugg is super fun to play and the rotations are nice. The survivability is good, which it should be for a melee!! But I have a really hard time keeping track of my target in pvp, it's awful. My sent and mara are so fun visually to play, but as mechanics go they are just broken, which led to the title of my post.

4. Stealth classes: way op, as usual for pvp. More viable to bring along as dps now in raids, but it has tipped them way over the edge in terms of strength for pvp.

Energy is not an issue for any of my characters now, except for healers sometimes, and sent/mara. My gunslinger/sniper seems to never go below 85%, I can do whatever I want. Same is true for commando/merc, while not quite as easy for sage/sorcs. Assassins/shadows are pretty good too. And then there's sent/maras. They don't have an instant focus generator like juggs/gaurdians, and don't have the defense abilities either, or the healing abilites.

I see there are tons of posts highlighting the problems facing the sent/mara class; but very little response other than 'we know you're upset.' So hey devs, any of you actually play this class?

Obviously more play this class than mercs/mandos considering that all it took for maras/sents to get adjusted was two months at the bottom and not 3 years.

Obviously more play this class than mercs/mandos considering that all it took for maras/sents to get adjusted was two months at the bottom and not 3 years.

Here's the thing, though. The meta-game changed COMPLETELY with 3.0 and the Discipline System. And the overwhelming majority of classes either fit that meta very well, or were adjusted accordingly.

The problem with the Sentinel/Marauder advanced class is that it really did need a complete overhaul that it didn't get.

Yet classes that needed minor tweaks to remain or become competitive were given not just the tools they needed, but complete ownership of the entire tool franchise.

I don't see how.

In PvP, this class is a glass cannon with no uptime on any target with enough neurons to form a synapse.

If you don't enjoy sitting in a root, stun, mez, or slow and going from 100-0% health in 2-3 GCDs, roll something else.

I'm not being hyperbolic. It really is that bad.

:(

so right

i play marauder now only for pve and my OP for pvp

and i was a prebeta char and been marauder for over 3 years no reason for playing marauder for pvp

Well this patch made marauders the bottom scrap for every other class in the game in every gamemode. We aren't good enough in solo/team ranked OR regs.

Atleast you guys have electro net and regs to lean on :p

I am surprised that this class got fixed so fast tho.

If they fix mercs btw they need to nerf your dmg a bit. You currently have better burst than us aswell as parsing highest in the game.

Yup u might as well /stuck it when u got hit by 10m root pre 3.0 cuz there was no point :rolleyes:

Not even close. We're so susceptible to roots/snares that all you have to do is throw one back at us. Not a damned thing we can do about it the way we are now.

If you're a ranged class that can't kite a Sentinel/Marauder effectively, you're ba...you need to practice.

:D

Not even close. We're so susceptible to roots/snares that all you have to do is throw one back at us. Not a damned thing we can do about it the way we are now.

If you're a ranged class that can't kite a Sentinel/Marauder effectively, you're ba...you need to practice.

:D

You obviously missed the sarcasm in his post :p