Christian Family Oriented Guilds - EDGE of the Empire/Republic Seeking Members

IWUstudent

EDGE of the Empire/Republic is a Christian based guild. We offer a family friendly environment. Many of our members have small children so we are aware of the struggle to find a guild that is not frequently cursing or carrying on conversations that are not appropriate for young children.

We are currently fairly small (roughly 86 members on empire side and 56 on republic side) but we are actively seeking to grow into a larger more well recognized guild.

What we have:

• Guild bank with Cartel market items
  • Repair funds in guild bank
  • Guild Stronghold
  • 10% Experience increase
  • 6.4% Reputation increase
  • Domain page
  • Mumble server
  • Guild Flagship imp side

We are currently actively saving for a guild bank on the Republic side and a capital ship on the Empire side.

FAQ's

Q: Are you LGBT Friendly

A: We do not usually discuss our sexual preferences in the guild, therefore this issue will almost never come up. However, in the event that it does the stance that we take is that as a Christian guild it is our responsibility to love everyone around us, even if we may disagree with their choices. However, if the question of opinion is prompted within the guild chat the members are free to express their personal opinions.

Why a Christian guild?

A: When I first started playing SWTOR I was a part of a few other guilds which will remain unnamed. My experience in these guilds left me starved for interaction with other like minded individuals. After a year hiatus from the game I decided I would rather spend my time playing in a guild with other like minded people on a topic that was closest to my heart than sacrifice my personal beliefs for the sake of interaction in game.

Why an Empire based guild, Isn't the empire evil?

A: Yes the Empire can be called evil. As a Christian based guild we're called to be a light in the midst of darkness. I also have several opinions about the Sith species and its alignment with certain values. However, I won't discuss those here. And if you don't want to join the empire based guild we do have a republic based one.

Why is EDGE in your name capitalized

A: EDGE is an acronym in our name. It stands for Every Day God Experience.

I'm not a Christian can I still join?

A: Yes, however we do have a code of conduct in game that we will expect you to follow. See the rules at the end of this post. We are a Christian guild in the sense that our officer base all claims Christianity and that we intentionally behave in a certain way within the guild and how we interact with others in general and group chats.

Do you require us to be light side?

No. We want you to enjoy the game however you wish. If you prefer dark side leanings that has no effect on your membership to the guild

Rules

1. Follow TOS, we don't want our members being banned
  2. Be respectful in chat.
  3. No Hate speech of any kind, however discussions of specific belief are allowed
  4. No Cursing in chat
  5. Avoid conversations that are not Christ like - I.E. conversations that are sexual in nature, conversations that are racist in nature, conversations that are graphic, or demeaning in nature.
  6. Bullying of any kind won't be tolerated
  7. Avoid crude conversations

To join the guild you can contact me in game through mail or whisper at Presrorrir on the imperial side. Or on Ixelirr on the Republic Side

Edited by IWUstudent
Missing Content

• 1 month later...

Firstly,Yes we are still available. Secondly not all Christians agtee with Ken Ham's theory of age of the earth. Thirdly, arguably this universe is not the same universe as the star wars universe hence why star wars is part of the science fiction genre. Thirdly, even if I did agree with Ken Hams estimation of the age of the earth(which I dont) 6000 years is still a long long time ago. And lastly, my religious or personal beliefs do not necessarily make me unintelligent or close minded

P.s. Galileo the man who declared that the earth revolved around the sun was a Christian man. Otherwise the church wouldn't have had an issue with the stance he made

Edited by IWUstudent

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I'm also looking to join your guild, I like the atmosphere presented. Do you have a progression team(s) that need a healer or dps, or even tank?

Unfortunately at the moment due to the summer months we have not been able to develop a progression team that has been able to consistently run. The progressionists that we do have at the moment generally do PUG and join with our sister guild The Bannerless Order on op nights (Tuesday and Thursday)

• 4 years later...