12K EXP Unlocks for Level 50 Legacy

NeroTethras

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just don't get this, I really don't. If you don't enjoy the process of levelling alts - why are you rolling up alts? It's not like there's so much to do in the end game you need more alts to do it with.

Now I'll grant, as something I could turn on or off for specific planets I don't enjoy, that wouldn't be terrible. I hate Taris, both Republic and Empire. And sometimes Alderaan drags for me. And I'd be thrilled if I never saw Maekb or Illum again. But as a way to quickly get from 1 to 60 without experiencing content, why?

/signed

I agree that LEGACY 50 should be a pre-req. Since if you have leveled at least 7-8 toons you are most likely already to that level.

Disagree with anything in the 20-30-40 range.

Would agree to a 2x per 10 Legacy Levels optional tiered unlock system like the other EXP boosters.

This is literally the most absolutely stupid "argument" I've probably ever seen on these forums. It's an UNLOCK via legacy, meaning just that, you would have to manually agree to use it. Anyone arguing against that is arguing for the simple sake of wanting to argue.

I think you have me confused with someone else. I have not advocated 12xp nor ever mentioned any price relating to it. In all fairness I could care less if this is implemented. I enjoy the game as is. My point is merely that legacy level =/= to game experience or ability to play one's class well. This fact appears to have been over-looked by some of those discussing the matter.

I will refrain from further comment as I was simply attempting to encourage a well rounded discussion not become the focus of an unrelated criticism.

Good luck to you all.

You brought up a concern of a legacy gated 12xp system based on servers not sharing legacy. I replied to that by saying servers never shared legacy with anything, what is the difference? The break in the 2 lines of text with the 2nd starting with "Also, whoever said..." meant I was through with my reply to you. You write pretty well, your reading comprehension is lacking.

I definitely think 12XP should be a Legacy unlock item.

This is my suggestion for a proposed 12XP system.

I actually hope that Bioware is forward thinking enough to recognize the market, the appeal of 12XP and ignore folks that cling to traditional MMO values. It would benefit the game, not harm it IMO. Arguments to the contrary are simply not realistic in my eyes. It is this kind of myopic traditional "tunnel vision" that caused the game to stumble in the first place from my perspective.

As I have said more than once, If they were to do Legacy Xp as a 12XP vehicle, this is how I suggest it should be done. I have modified it a bit to make the XP boost universal across ALL content, including GSF, Flashpoints and Ops to promote that kind of play for those that wish to only level that way.

LEGACY EXPERIENCE I - IV

1) Account wide legacy perk

2) For subscribers only. Perk would be disabled if you go preferred, not available to F2P.

3) For every core class (mirrors) you complete the chapter 3 questline, you get the ability to unlock a 3X XP bonus through legacy. 4 chapter 3 completions, 12X XP unlocked.

4) Each unlock would require a minimum of legacy level 20 and would cost 50k/100k/150k/200k or 60/60/60/60 coins.

5) Toggle would exist to disable when desired.

6) XP boost would apply to ALL content that provides XP, including end game content.

That way folks have to complete the storyline for each core class first (one of the mirrors in each core) before you get the buff. They can also choose to level their characters in alternate ways if they wish, avoiding the storyline and planet leveling entirely for alts....naturally they have to do the planetary leveling at least once for the unlock.

This is a great way to increase the appeal of a sub.

You would only have to level up 4 core mirrors to get the complete 12XP, and it would come to you incrementally as you leveled each class naturally...so you would first get 3, then 6, then 9, then finally 12.

So this is how it would work if it was set up as I suggested.

You are a subscriber.

You level Knight or Warrior to chapter 3 completion.

A legacy option for 3X XP boost can now be unlocked in Legacy (Legacy Experience I) for 50k/60 coins.

You next level an Sage or Inq to chapter 3 completion, using the 3X XP boost to skip some side quests.

A legacy option for another 3X XP boost can now be unlocked in Legacy (Legacy Experience II) for 100k/60 coins.

You next level a Trooper or BH to chapter 3, using the 6X XP boost (cumulative) to skip a good portion of side quests.

Next legacy option opens up for another 3X XP boost (Legacy Experience III) for 150k/60 coins.

Next you level a Smuggler or Agent to chapter 3, using the 9X XP boost (cumulative) to skip most of the side quests.

The final legacy option opens for another 3X XP boost (Legacy Experience IV) for 200k/60 coins.

From now on you will have 12XP available for all toons you level in your legacy. This will be ACCOUNT WIDE and will be for subscribers only. You will also have an option to turn off the boost if you wish using a toggle. It will apply to all forms of content, so you can level new alts anywhere you wish.

Added to this, I would unlock as a perk, once you reach legacy Experience IV two packs of comms you would be get when creating a new character. The packs would be for a level 10, would contain 198 Basic comms (two packs of 99 comms each) to assist in gearing for the character. This would be account wide, once for every character you create.

No, no, no, no. If you really want to see the storylines all over again, feel free to look it up on youtube. Don't punish those of us who actually WANT to play the game by cramming this down our throat.

Don't have a cow, man.

This can be made an OPTIONAL unlock. You don't have to buy it.

why have a legacy requirement on it at all?? i say after you have leveled one toon from either faction (republic jedi / empire sith) you get the unlock for that faction.

having legacy level requirements is just stupid. the extra planetary quests are boring as heck the first time you do them and then you find out you have to do them on every other toon you make no matter what class you are leveling and nothing is different?? yea there is a reason nearly all my toons are stuck at level 30.

This is literally the most absolutely stupid "argument" I've probably ever seen on these forums. It's an UNLOCK via legacy, meaning just that, you would have to manually agree to use it. Anyone arguing against that is arguing for the simple sake of wanting to argue.

Your legacy unlock changes the game significantly. It creates many potential issues. It gives a class of players 'privilege' that others do not have in a game that already has some issues about disparity between someone just starting the game and someone who has 8 alts to max level.

An unlock on your account can definitively affect another persons game. This is NOT a single player game.

I've already converted a pawn to a queen, so I just want all my paws to start as Queens, can we make this happen FIDE?

Its not about if I can choose to do the unlock myself, by all yardsticks you people use to determine eligibility I would have been eligible years ago. Its what the 'unlock' represents and how it changes the game when you take the most active and involved class of players (anyone meeting your requirements pretty much by definition)and then removing them from the level-up process entirely. As if the game is not already barren enough for up and coming players who don't have your advantages.

You want something because you feel entitled to it. Its not about how you want to play the game, its about how you feel you shouldn't HAVE to play the game and yet still get all the rewards of playing the game.

Pure, unadulterated entitlement desires.

Your legacy unlock changes the game significantly. It creates many potential issues.

No, it does not. It gives players a different option on how they level. If you don't want to use it, don't unlock it. Viola, you're left completely unaffected. Stop trying to shove your ideas on how the game should be played on others.

No, it does not. It gives players a different option on how they level. If you don't want to use it, don't unlock it. Viola, you're left completely unaffected. Stop trying to shove your ideas on how the game should be played on others.

Just ignore him. He's a terrible elitist poster.

Yes, it does change the game. If you are skipping the majority of the content in a rush to see only the class missions, you are now removed from the social structure of the game. You're already demonstrating that you want the game to act/play as a single player game and so it is unlikely the majority of people with this unlock are going to 'take their time' and do other things. They say specifically they do not want to have to do these other things.

This means, players who do not have the unlock, and are stuck doing the content, do it from a significantly smaller pool than already exists. You remove yourself as a game resource and this is an MMO, not a single player game.

Additionally, you make it easier for people to reach end game content with even more characters. This means the availability of more daily's more net positive influx of in game currency. This can lead to in game inflation and a further reduction of the ability of new players to afford items from the GTN etc. additionally, since you are leveling so quickly, what items are available at various break points see their prices increase because you can afford it as a veteran player but a new person can not.

Its not a vacuum in which you are the only player in existence. It is part of an overall system and what you are requesting is to be allowed to lay the game by circumventing playing the game.

Most who desire this will accept no restrictions aside from this nod to 'lets make it legacy so only those people who have already leveled to cap/etc can get this perk'... You're not asking to 'play the game the way you want' you are asking them to allow you to skip playing the game and get extra-benefit from doing just the activity you want.

Should we unlock 12x EXP for just playing PVP? 12x XP from just playing GSF? 12x XP from just doing space missions? XP for standing around in fleet and trying to engage random people in ERP?

The game has a system. To obtain a level, you have to perform work. This work consists of a number of various activities you can choose or choose not to engage in. But there is no cause for giving some players a free ride to the level cap just because they want to play that way.

Make a case for your desire. Present a reason why this is going to be beneficial for the entire game, not just you.

Make a case for your desire. Present a reason why this is going to be beneficial for the entire game, not just you.

It is likely not going to make a difference. Even when Bioware announced the 12XP event, if I recall correctly, you criticized them, and criticized their comments when they praised the results.

You are obviously against the system, and there is nothing wrong with that. But if you desire real dialog, you should probably clearly state why it would be BAD for the game, because in all of the posts I have seen you make on the matter you have never ONCE posted a reputable negative impact point that I could see IMO.

Perhaps I missed one, but your usual point seems to be "it allows players to skip content". And that is a silly con.

Players already skip content. There are actual GUIDES out there on how to skip side quests by using other content...KDY mixed with GSF and groupfinder is one method.

So, considering you are one of the VERY FEW IMO that are dead set against it, I would say the onus is on you to provide reputable reasons against it.

The reasons for it have been stated and restated many times.

Now, I will state two negatives that I feel are reputable.

1) The gear and comm system was not designed for class only leveling, or accelerated leveling.

Folks that power level using various methods, including 12XP have some real trouble keeping their characters properly geared. The comm levels are reduced dramatically when power leveling, making gear difficult to maintain.

2) Players miss out on a huge amount of gear, credits, etc.

Many of the side quests provide gear and other rewards you can not acquire in any other way. It also makes it more difficult to do things like level crew skills and gather mats, as many folks do this while leveling the long method, and you are generally not on planets long enough to make an impact in your crew skills.

However, the reduction of training costs to zero mitigates this a bit.

Now, for top level players leveling alts, neither point would likely be an issue. However, for new players this could end up presenting a bad image of the game, one of the reasons I recommend the boost be provided through legacy in stages, requiring a full level in a mirror class first.

Edited by LordArtemis

No, no, no, no. If you really want to see the storylines all over again, feel free to look it up on youtube. Don't punish those of us who actually WANT to play the game by cramming this down our throat.

But it's not crammed down... It's an option, that you can buy, not that you have to buy.

Do you also think letting people marry who they want is forcing them down your throat?

It would not make economical sense for Bioware to make this perk available so easily or so quickily. You have a temporary boon in sub and cartel sales, then they would fall flat. Last event people were leveling so ridiculously fast that rough estimates would be that they would probably be done within a month with every class story

This perk should only be available to veteran subs. These are people who have a drive beyond one time playthroughs and don't say hasta la vista right afterwards.

Edited by Nickious

Yes, it does change the game. If you are skipping the majority of the content in a rush to see only the class missions, you are now removed from the social structure of the game. You're already demonstrating that you want the game to act/play as a single player game and so it is unlikely the majority of people with this unlock are going to 'take their time' and do other things. They say specifically they do not want to have to do these other things.

This means, players who do not have the unlock, and are stuck doing the content, do it from a significantly smaller pool than already exists. You remove yourself as a game resource and this is an MMO, not a single player game.

Additionally, you make it easier for people to reach end game content with even more characters. This means the availability of more daily's more net positive influx of in game currency. This can lead to in game inflation and a further reduction of the ability of new players to afford items from the GTN etc. additionally, since you are leveling so quickly, what items are available at various break points see their prices increase because you can afford it as a veteran player but a new person can not.

Its not a vacuum in which you are the only player in existence. It is part of an overall system and what you are requesting is to be allowed to lay the game by circumventing playing the game.

Most who desire this will accept no restrictions aside from this nod to 'lets make it legacy so only those people who have already leveled to cap/etc can get this perk'... You're not asking to 'play the game the way you want' you are asking them to allow you to skip playing the game and get extra-benefit from doing just the activity you want.

Should we unlock 12x EXP for just playing PVP? 12x XP from just playing GSF? 12x XP from just doing space missions? XP for standing around in fleet and trying to engage random people in ERP?

The game has a system. To obtain a level, you have to perform work. This work consists of a number of various activities you can choose or choose not to engage in. But there is no cause for giving some players a free ride to the level cap just because they want to play that way.

What you're complaining about are things that literally already exist in-game. There are people who level strictly through flashpoints, and if you're a dps doing that then you already have to deal with a "small pool" because we all know how those dps queue times are.

What you're complaining about are things that literally already exist in-game. There are people who level strictly through flashpoints, and if you're a dps doing that then you already have to deal with a "small pool" because we all know how those dps queue times are.

So make it worse? That's your plan?

And that people level with FP's was my point. There is nothing forcing you to do sidequests you have done before, there are multiple ways t gain exp which is not 'grinding' a planet you have already seen.

But none of that is acceptable to you who want this, what you want is to not have to perform any labour to receive the benefit. You want to work 12x less hard to get to level 55 as anyone else.

I'm not telling you how to play outside of. "use the existing systems to gain your exp and stop asking for huge bonuses to earned exp". I don't care if you get it with GSF, PVP. FP's. Etc. But you have to perform an activity that returns exp at a rate roughly equal to the rates established by the games designers and there is no need or cause for 12x exp when you can already hit level cap in @ 60 hours at release and that was when the game was significantly harder.

And that people level with FP's was my point. There is nothing forcing you to do sidequests you have done before, there are multiple ways t gain exp which is not 'grinding' a planet you have already seen.

But none of that is acceptable to you who want this, what you want is to not have to perform any labour to receive the benefit. You want to work 12x less hard to get to level 55 as anyone else.

I'm not telling you how to play outside of. "use the existing systems to gain your exp and stop asking for huge bonuses to earned exp". I don't care if you get it with GSF, PVP. FP's. Etc. But you have to perform an activity that returns exp at a rate roughly equal to the rates established by the games designers and there is no need or cause for 12x exp when you can already hit level cap in @ 60 hours at release and that was when the game was significantly harder.

Not all of us have time to put in that much per character, but we still want to play through the stories.

You know, some of us have jobs? Families? Lives?

No, the point is to give people more options. Frankly I don't care if you have to wait an extra minute or two for a flashpoint pop. You know why? Because it still pops and you'll still get to play your way. The people who just want to level up really quickly don't have that option whatsoever.

You are obviously against the system, and there is nothing wrong with that. But if you desire real dialog, you should probably clearly state why it would be BAD for the game, because in all of the posts I have seen you make on the matter you have never ONCE posted a reputable negative impact point that I could see IMO.

That you choose to ignore more than one post where I described the various ills, one in this thread as well, demonstrates that you are not seeking any sort of discussion either.

Further, you may want to check up on your rhetoric/logic. The Burden of Proof lays with you, not with me. I do not need to discredit your assertion, you need to prove your assertion. Demonstrate how this will be a boon to the game rather than the argument this usually boils down to which is the sense of entitlement felt buy some that they should not have to repeat content.

Players already skip content. There are actual GUIDES out there on how to skip side quests by using other content...KDY mixed with GSF and groupfinder is one method.

I have never said I was opposed to them skipping content. I have instead indicated I was opposed to them receiving a BONUS to skip content. Level however you want, but level within the rules of the game, don't whine and beg and post tens of threads telling Bioware you are going to quit unless you get 12x back permanently.

My opposition is to free XP and a fastlane that is restricted to people based on an arbitray set of qualifications that varies a smidgeon between each presenter based on what their own legacy level/state of ingame accomplishments are.

So, considering you are one of the VERY FEW IMO that are dead set against it, I would say the onus is on you to provide reputable reasons against it.

No, I am one of the few who posts on the forums who is opposed to it. Forum posters are a tiny subset of actual players.

Additionally there are quite a few who have posted opposition in just this thread. But where they just say 'No' I tend to say more.

The reasons for it have been stated and restated many times.

And most every one of them boils down to , 'I don't wanna level up anymore! I just want to get free experience and level up all my characters by doing just what I want and everyone else unless they meet my criteria will have to do it the old way.. because I am a special special snowflake and I deserve to get what I want *stomp*' And what they want is to be able to level 0-55 in just a few hours by receiving significant amounts of free exp.

Now, I will state two negatives that I feel are reputable.

1) The gear and comm system was not designed for class only leveling, or accelerated leveling.

Folks that power level using various methods, including 12XP have some real trouble keeping their characters properly geared. The comm levels are reduced dramatically when power leveling, making gear difficult to maintain.

2) Players miss out on a huge amount of gear, credits, etc.

Many of the side quests provide gear and other rewards you can not acquire in any other way. It also makes it more difficult to do things like level crew skills and gather mats, as many folks do this while leveling the long method, and you are generally not on planets long enough to make an impact in your crew skills.

However, the reduction of training costs to zero mitigates this a bit.

Now, for top level players leveling alts, neither point would likely be an issue. However, for new players this could end up presenting a bad image of the game, one of the reasons I recommend the boost be provided through legacy in stages, requiring a full level in a mirror class first.

And I have pointed out multiple times previously other disadvantages.

It harms the new player experience in multiple ways. First, there is really no justification why because someone has seen some other class story that they then should be able to see every other class story super easily and with accelerated exp awards. There is no difference between you playing your first Consular, even though you have a Jugg and a Trooper to level cap already, and a brand new player playing their first consular. What you are requesting then is tiered leveling progression where the 'rich' get significantly richer and the new players are left behind.

This segues into the next point in that this tiered system does damage to community, making the already reduced lower level population even more reduced. When you remove the necessity to do additional content to level, then people will not do that additional content to level, leaving many new players or players who haven't met the ridiculously arbitrary set of requirements for receiving the bonuses even more isolated and more difficult to convert to long term players.

Additionally, there are economic impacts. While there may be a more significant up front cost to getting the player geared, actually hitting the level cap as it stands now makes it very easy to get a full set of 186 purple gear with very little effort. So once you have reached the 'top' then pretty much all rewards are gravy and you very quickly erase and deficit you ran by leveling the character the 12x method. This results in more currency in the market, and inflationary pressures are created. Pressures that don't bother you because you have multiple level capped characters and credits are easier to come by but new players, already handicapped, find they are more handicapped by the potential inflation.

While the slippery slope is often considered a logical fallacy I would venture that it would apply here as well. If you are granted 12x Exp due to significant whining based on the notion that you have done something before and you shouldn't be made to do it again then what standing do the devs have when the inevitable requests come up to remove any other activity someone decides they have done before? I noted these prior.

The leveling process is part of the MMO experience. And this is an MMO (eg MULTIPLAYER). You get bonus exp and better rewards for grouping not for playing by yourself.

And lets not forget, again, that it took less than 60 hours to reach level cap on release and that was a game that was significantly more difficult than the modern version of the same game.

If you want this, go buy kotor 1 or 2 and use any of the available editors to cheat your way al you want. I support all sorts of things for Single Player games to be allowed to 'play how you want to play' but this is not and will never be a single player game. There is no justification for enhanced exp beyond the already significantly enhanced exp granted to long term players via their legacy.

Not all of us have time to put in that much per character, but we still want to play through the stories.

You know, some of us have jobs? Families? Lives?

I have a job, a family and a life. If I find I don't like the way a MMORPG works, I play a single player game instead.

I have all of those things and 2 of each class + extras for 'mules'.

You're playing a game with other people. Other people who will still have to have the restriction, what makes you o special as to deserve to get extra free exp where they do not?

They have jobs, lives, families too.. But you don't want them to get this extra stuff, you want to restrict it to a set of criteria you conveniently already meet.

You just feel like you should be able to do what you want while everyone else has to play by the rules until they meet some arbitrary set of restrictions. As I just said to LA, what is the difference between your first consular character and some new players first consular? Why do you think you are entitled to getting 12x exp and get to skip all sorts of work to level this character while someone else is not? Why are you so special? What because you leveled a different character to 60 before? BFD.

You want an entitlement. You think your time is more valuable than anyone else's who does not have your arbitrary criteria met. Their lives and families and jobs are not important, only yours.

Its a MMO, there are other players in it. We're all restricted to the same systems to level our characters up and there should not be any sort of 'fast lane' for people who think they deserve it because 'that's just the way they want to play'. Having already leveled to 55+ on one character is a huge advantage for your next. There are already significantly enhanced exp opportunities. You already likely have saved equipment and crafting to make your new characters life easier. You do not need nor deserve additional advantages.

No, the point is to give people more options. Frankly I don't care if you have to wait an extra minute or two for a flashpoint pop. You know why? Because it still pops and you'll still get to play your way. The people who just want to level up really quickly don't have that option whatsoever.

For good reason.

You are not special.

There is no need to pander to your desire to get experience 12x as fast just because you've leveled characters prior. An inherently unfair system that rewards the rich for being richer is not the recipe for long term success of the game.

You want to level faster than other people, play a single player game and cheat.

Just because you want an option, doesn't mean the option is good, nor beneficial. In fact, it could likely be seen as problematic for the company that makes money on your continued play if hey implement a system that allows you to bypass time/content so that you can run out of the latter faster.

Just admit to your motivations here. You want something for free. You want to be able to do only what you want and to get rewarded in equal proportion to someone who put forth more effort.

Now justify how this is _good_ for the game.

The Burden of Proof is on you.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.