So four Pubs walk into HM Korriban...

...and the bonus boss has 3,14 times more HP than his imperial counterpart.

Mmmmm, pie.

At least the droid boss shields attacks in both version of the flashpoint...now if the consular mobs could go ahead and get better gear so their disturbance gets to numbers the lightning strikes have and learn their own 3.5k ticking DoT, that would be great.

Edited by WhiteKing

...and the bonus boss has 3,14 times more HP than his imperial counterpart.

Mmmmm, pie.

At least the droid boss shields attacks in both version of the flashpoint...now if the consular mobs could go ahead and get better gear so their disturbance gets to numbers the lightning strikes have and learn their own 3.5k ticking DoT, that would be great.

So jelly. Looks like pub side actually gets an interesting fight.

Wow it's actually a dps check for republic side that most fail moserably. Looks like a snooze empire side.

Yep if u cant kill him fast enough it turns in a healing challenge - at the end of the fight he casts force choke during berserk and it hits like a truck:)

Edited by Czajja

Haven't done HM but looking at the picture I can already tell that Empire version is snooze fest. You can send your group's own Marauder to do what they do best...

Pull everything and keep dying constantly

... and still manage to beat enrage.

Edited by Halinalle

Wow it's actually a dps check for republic side that most fail moserably. Looks like a snooze empire side.

I wouldn't call it a DPS check, I've never seen a group miss his berserk and I've run with some amazing DPS, best I've seen is he still gets it off with over 20% health remaining.

However, I believe the fight is INTENDED to be done experiencing the berserk, as it only lasts for 10 seconds (not a true enrage), and is basically a "use awesome DCD here" indicator, especially if he chokes during berserk.

What it actually is, is a heals check, as I've seen very few pug healers that can handle it. The typical pug strat on pub side is to kill the droid boss first, so you can run back in to the bonus boss when you die as you spawn just above him.

If you understand the fight though, its not so bad as a healer. You have to be very on the ball at topping people off and throwing up hots/bubbles before chokes are cast, you must be ready for berserk, and ideally your DPS/tank understand the choke mechanic and also pop cooldowns or spec for Stun DR to aid you.

He chokes and goes berserk when he is under 25% (I think). Save all your CDs for that . Break the choke and it becomes easy. Also if you have riot gas, cast just before the berserk to reduce his damage. The fight needs a bit strategy. Edited by KJOhio

I wouldn't call it a DPS check, I've never seen a group miss his berserk and I've run with some amazing DPS, best I've seen is he still gets it off with over 20% health remaining.

Sorry to say, but than your DPS aren't that amazing. They may be good, but last time we did it, we had two 186comm DPS (who know how to squeeze every little bit out of their discipline) and haven't seen berserk.

But if you see berserk, just break free from the choke.

Greetings,

Kinman

Edited by Kinman

Sorry to say, but than your DPS aren't that amazing. They may be good, but last time we did it, we had two 186comm DPS (who know how to squeeze every little bit out of their discipline) and haven't seen berserk.

But if you see berserk, just break free from the choke.

Greetings,

Kinman

You're talking about the Pub version right, not the Imp one? The Imp one only has 270k HP, its a joke, which is the reason this thread was created (as the Pub version has far more health).

In fact I went and tested this just now, did the test with 3k combined DPS from the 2 DPS (purposely doing low DPS), and 6k combined DPS, tested 3 times (once with low DPS, twice with high), every single time, berserk just after crossing the 30% threshold, so its % triggered, not time based.

Which means you're either referring to the Imp version, or you just didn't notice the berserk buff on the boss.

Edited by wadecounty

Sure I mean the Pub version. We did it yesterday with about 9k Group-DPS (DDs + Tank) and had a non lethal force choke at 22%.

Greetings

Kinman

Berserk is not tied to the choke. He goes berserk when he hits sub 30%, which means if timed right it doesn't even happen during choke and only the tank will have to pop a cooldown (unless its near his ravage, which he always drops aggro right after).

Are you watching the buff bar of the boss? Its a red icon, looks similar to a boss enrage, but is not actually an enrage as it only lasts 10 seconds, more like the bosses version of Bloodthirst. If not watching the buff bar, that's probably what happened to your group (got berserk between chokes, so you never noticed it).

Edited by wadecounty

I think everything is harder for Pub side.

On Imp side , we literally swatted away the bonus boss. It was like ganking a lvl 60 noob in full 186 yavin gear in PvP. We then gave the Droid a forceful shove and he short-circuited, mez the trash along the way that we didn't want to fight, and face-stomped the final boss. Laughed and exited (and I was tanking :o ).

Pub side......

Several wipes on bonus boss even before he reached 30%. Droid seems to plant more mines that imp side, several wipes when he reached 30%. Lots of " sorry but I'm out" and having to re-queue. FP took forever to complete. Assault on Tython. always quit at first boss.

Question though... when you tanking the droid and he does the lazer think (which for some reason grayed out my taunt) what should I do? I used my debuff (taunts?) but I wonder if I should like use the leap thing (forget the name) on the targeted player if they are in my range... Haven't gotten the guard swap thing down yet (sorry no key binds).

Edited by Yezzan

Question though... when you tanking the droid and he does the lazer think (which for some reason grayed out my taunt) what should I do? I used my debuff (taunts?) but I wonder if I should like use the leap thing (forget the name) on the targeted player if they are in my range... Haven't gotten the guard swap thing down yet (sorry no key binds).

The laser is designed to ignore aggro and target a random group member. It's a group positioning and awareness check; only the targeted person should get hit. The tank can't do anything about it. Sorcs can Force Barrier, Assassins can Force Cloak, and Operatives can Cloaking Screen and it will target the tank instead (because those moves take them off the boss's target list). Other classes should use a defensive cooldown. It's not that big of a hit regardless.

I think everything is harder for Pub side.

On Imp side , we literally swatted away the bonus boss. It was like ganking a lvl 60 noob in full 186 yavin gear in PvP.

Of course it is this way. Because Bioware wants it so. Otherwise they would have a full-fledged REpublic QA, like they do test things on the Imp side, but never on the Rep side.

That they don't test on the Rep side can be seen via the Rep-only bugs.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

all at the wall, cc break when chokes during berserk. after that is l2p

Every time any group I have been in breaks the force choke, it does increased damage the next time around. I have also heard about healers dying after a single force choke and them saying it hit for 43k. I have never experienced what others have said, Groups I have been in just nuke the tar out of him, but then again, I always have had a scoundrel healer.

The laser is designed to ignore aggro and target a random group member. It's a group positioning and awareness check; only the targeted person should get hit. The tank can't do anything about it. Sorcs can Force Barrier, Assassins can Force Cloak, and Operatives can Cloaking Screen and it will target the tank instead (because those moves take them off the boss's target list). Other classes should use a defensive cooldown. It's not that big of a hit regardless.

Oh cause the healer was saying I should taunt but I told her the taunt is unusable during the laser phase. She couldn't keep herself alive (operative healer- suk for some reason). We only finish the FP after the healer quit and a Sorc healer join.

Can the stun from the droid at final boss be cleansed?

Can the stun from the droid at final boss be cleansed?

No, it's an unavoidable mechanic. When the Containment Droid stuns someone everyone else has to focus the droid to break them out. The boss uses Saber Reflect during that phase anyways, so you don't want to be hitting him (unless you like hitting yourself). The targeted player can kite the Containment Droid a bit to delay the stun, but that's mostly delaying the inevitable. It's the exact same mechanic as Tactical mode, people should know it by now.