Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

need pvp advice sorcerer lighting : how to counter sin and PT

KumbayaGOD

okay as per title , i think i am doing ok in both ranks and regs for my lighting sorc

However i am still need advise how to counter those classes ,more effectively

example scenario in arena

scenario 1: sin stealth and open to me , and he pop deflection (yellow bubble) , this ability reflect/resist any of my force yellow damage for 12 sec so i cant do anything since all my attack are yellow damage then the sin maybe pop shroud another 3 sec immunity to anyhing while he keep attacking my butt and even creeping terror me so i am rooted , so i can only maybe run force speed and LOS but the burst so high that i often use my bubble while waiting for my team to maybe finish off the other enemy then i can reopen but mostly if none enemy team died they will focus again to me , and i feel i died very fast

any advice on countering sin ?

scenario 2 fighting PT : come to me with blue barrier and hydrolics burn me with stun and 7 spammable rockets (damn) and they cant be stunned or knocked down and chase me around and if i run they pull me back (oh i hate that)

same strategy i implement above

any advice to countering PT

I must have missed where i have 15 seconds of immunity to yellow attacks..

No wonder people think shadows are OP, when you cant bother learning anything at all about the class you're fighting..

i never have shadow so with humility please enlighten me, i just looked at forum that the deflection is 9 sec

and shroud 3 sec (total immunity)

that why here i am asking advice, consider me a noob asking this

If you want to learn how to fight certain classes, my best advice is to lvl one up yourself, learn its abilities, and play against other sorcs, tho see how you can counter them, and how they counter you.

The shield you are talking about, deflection, has immunity to stuns for 12 seconds, if specced into it. I never spec that way, so, its not everyone that has that. No matter how they spec tho, deflection will never make them immune to yellow attacks. It only increases your melee and ranged defense by 50%, so, feel free to nuke them down like crazy when they have this "bubble".

When they use resilience, they are immune to your attacks. This is 3 seconds, and another 2 seconds if specced into it, 5 seconds in total. This is when you bubble, and heal, and do anything else then dmging them.

When that's said, beating a half decent shadow or assassin as a sorc is almost never possible. And i say half decent, most of the fotm rerollers doesnt know how to play, so you can kill them easily.. I have never lost a 1vs1 against a sorc on my sin, whenever i have all my cooldowns, and most of the time i dont even need to use them. If you can beat all other classes except PTs and Sins, then be happy, and accept that certain classes will kill you just as easily as you will kill other classes.

If you want to learn how to fight certain classes, my best advice is to lvl one up yourself, learn its abilities, and play against other sorcs, tho see how you can counter them, and how they counter you.

The shield you are talking about, deflection, has immunity to stuns for 12 seconds, if specced into it. I never spec that way, so, its not everyone that has that. No matter how they spec tho, deflection will never make them immune to yellow attacks. It only increases your melee and ranged defense by 50%, so, feel free to nuke them down like crazy when they have this "bubble".

When they use resilience, they are immune to your attacks. This is 3 seconds, and another 2 seconds if specced into it, 5 seconds in total. This is when you bubble, and heal, and do anything else then dmging them.

When that's said, beating a half decent shadow or assassin as a sorc is almost never possible. And i say half decent, most of the fotm rerollers doesnt know how to play, so you can kill them easily.. I have never lost a 1vs1 against a sorc on my sin, whenever i have all my cooldowns, and most of the time i dont even need to use them. If you can beat all other classes except PTs and Sins, then be happy, and accept that certain classes will kill you just as easily as you will kill other classes.

alyssis ty for your inside bro at least now i know even they have yellow bubble i can still damage them but not stun them

for the resilience (total immunity) do they also emit somekind of bubble that i can notice so i can stop dpsing and bubble prolly

shroud has 5 secs where we cant touch them then they cloak and get shroud back again for another 4 secs, then they stun lock u. you cant run cause they have force speed immunity to. you cant heal threw the dmg cause they should be interupting the heal cause thats all u can do for 9 secs. if u barrier they whirlwind. you can win the fight they have too many counters.

fyi u can knock back when deflect is up.

we have the tools in or utiities to stand a chance but the way they r layed out we hurt our selves badly against every other class. force speed immunity is a must in order to kite. without it jugs will destroy us.

PT you cant heal threw thier opener so barrier and hope your team can burn them.

we take way too much dmg from both these classes

Edited by warstory

If you want to win 1v1s play madness. If youre dead set of lightning make sure you have electric bindings and emersion. You'll need the root and escapes. I have more success in 1v1 with madness though because its got sur viability and the potential to do more damage while bubbled.

If you want to win 1v1s play madness. If youre dead set of lightning make sure you have electric bindings and emersion. You'll need the root and escapes. I have more success in 1v1 with madness though because its got sur viability and the potential to do more damage while bubbled.

Is that in ranked or regs? I've been contemplating giving madness a whirl on my sorc but everyone is always "Lightning is so much better."

Is that in ranked or regs? I've been contemplating giving madness a whirl on my sorc but everyone is always "Lightning is so much better."

i do quite well in wz with madness with all those dots and self heal but on arena the madness is lack burst alot

so anyone here using madness in solo ranked ? and is it better than ligthing ?

i used madness in ranked season 3 , but this season i start changing to lighting but if madness is better i may change back again

i do quite well in wz with madness with all those dots and self heal but on arena the madness is lack burst alot

so anyone here using madness in solo ranked ? and is it better than ligthing ?

i used madness in ranked season 3 , but this season i start changing to lighting but if madness is better i may change back again

I've been using Madness(Balance) a lot in solo ranked, and it has been really effective. With Affliction/Weaken Mind up and then Force Serenity/Leech followed by a Shock/Project with the 50% utility, you can get some pretty decent burst out of it. Then of course you have all of the extra life your gaining back, and the extra internal damage really helps if your facing a lot of armored opponents.

Lately though, I've been using TK/Lightning a bit more just for the extra 5% alacrity buff because I'm trying out an alacrity overload (getting about 33% with buffs) and it's working really well. I switched to back to Balance/Madness with the same alacrity setup (except the 5% focal point buff of course) and it's working really well. The only problem with this, that I've noticed, is that Vanquish/Demolish ticks a lot faster - but I suppose this is more of a good thing than a bad thing.

Anyways, the burst isn't quite as much as Lightning or TK, but it's actually pretty close. Sometimes I hit the Shock/Project first, then pop the crit buff and hit them with SerenityLeech and then FiB/DF - and while not as consistent as the auto crit on Turbulence/Thundering Blast, when it does crit you're seeing relatively close to the same damage.

I've been using Madness(Balance) a lot in solo ranked, and it has been really effective. With Affliction/Weaken Mind up and then Force Serenity/Leech followed by a Shock/Project with the 50% utility, you can get some pretty decent burst out of it. Then of course you have all of the extra life your gaining back, and the extra internal damage really helps if your facing a lot of armored opponents.

Lately though, I've been using TK/Lightning a bit more just for the extra 5% alacrity buff because I'm trying out an alacrity overload (getting about 33% with buffs) and it's working really well. I switched to back to Balance/Madness with the same alacrity setup (except the 5% focal point buff of course) and it's working really well. The only problem with this, that I've noticed, is that Vanquish/Demolish ticks a lot faster - but I suppose this is more of a good thing than a bad thing.

Anyways, the burst isn't quite as much as Lightning or TK, but it's actually pretty close. Sometimes I hit the Shock/Project first, then pop the crit buff and hit them with SerenityLeech and then FiB/DF - and while not as consistent as the auto crit on Turbulence/Thundering Blast, when it does crit you're seeing relatively close to the same damage.

if u use madness what skill you take on last discipline ? i am torn between using forceleech on the move or slow on weaken mind/affliction, but i think corrpted barrier i still take since it is pretty sweet skill

which one you choose

if u use madness what skill you take on last discipline ? i am torn between using forceleech on the move or slow on weaken mind/affliction, but i think corrpted barrier i still take since it is pretty sweet skill

which one you choose

I used to use the leech on the move one, but lately I've been using the instant whirlwind. My utilities the last few days have been kind of stuck on:

50% shock proc, 25% storm damage, 3 person whirlwind/reduced stun

force speed movement, and flash of light

then the regen one (of course :p) and then the instant ww

I used the slow one before I started ranked, and it was pretty cool in the objective game modes where theres more than 4 people, but I've been too afraid to try it out in ranked lol

With my current alacrity (7.45%) I use the alacrity buff before my stun if I can help it and I get my electrocute back in about 35s or so (even without the 7.45 alacrity you get it back really quick if you use the buff before you hit it). Between the electrocute, blind flash and ww you get quite a bit of CC to throw around the battlefield. It does bug me a bit not being able to move when I cast the leech ability, but overall I think its more worth it to mess with the enemy's mobility now that Ive been using it - you get pretty used to standing still quickly and find good times to throw it in.

edit: also forgot to mention that usually you will be alive long enough where you get the opportunity to use some of the same ccs multiple times in the same round and, at least personally, it makes me really happy

Edited by TitusOfTides

I used to use the leech on the move one, but lately I've been using the instant whirlwind. My utilities the last few days have been kind of stuck on:

50% shock proc, 25% storm damage, 3 person whirlwind/reduced stun

force speed movement, and flash of light

then the regen one (of course :p) and then the instant ww

I used the slow one before I started ranked, and it was pretty cool in the objective game modes where theres more than 4 people, but I've been too afraid to try it out in ranked lol

With my current alacrity (7.45%) I use the alacrity buff before my stun if I can help it and I get my electrocute back in about 35s or so (even without the 7.45 alacrity you get it back really quick if you use the buff before you hit it). Between the electrocute, blind flash and ww you get quite a bit of CC to throw around the battlefield. It does bug me a bit not being able to move when I cast the leech ability, but overall I think its more worth it to mess with the enemy's mobility now that Ive been using it - you get pretty used to standing still quickly and find good times to throw it in

what is 3 person whirwind? which skill is that ? and reduce stun mean reduce the stun duration ?

my alacrity now sitting at 6.3% i dont know if i want to go above that is it usefull?

what alacrity buff? u mean from legacy buff?

what is 3 person whirwind? which skill is that ? and reduce stun mean reduce the stun duration ?

my alacrity now sitting at 6.3% i dont know if i want to go above that is it usefull?

what alacrity buff? u mean from legacy buff?

ill look up the names really quick:

oppressing force utility in the skillful set. lets your whirlwind hit 2 people within 8 meters of your target, and it also gives you electrocute stun back 10s sooner.

With your alacrity there, you should be sitting pretty good. I went from 7.45 to about 9.something and didnt see much of a difference, so 6.3 should be really good.

the alacrity buff is Polarity Shift. It gives you a 20% boost to alacrity for 10s, and now alacrity effects a lot more than it used to. It will decrease your cooldown times, it will make your dots tick faster, activate abilities with timers faster - and my personal favorite, it also lowers the global cooldown in between all of your abilites (so youll have less downtime in between casting each ability)

oppressing force utility in the skillful set. lets your whirlwind hit 2 people within 8 meters of your target, and it also gives you electrocute stun back 10s sooner.

With your alacrity there, you should be sitting pretty good. I went from 7.45 to about 9.something and didnt see much of a difference, so 6.3 should be really good.

the alacrity buff is Polarity Shift. It gives you a 20% boost to alacrity for 10s, and now alacrity effects a lot more than it used to. It will decrease your cooldown times, it will make your dots tick faster, activate abilities with timers faster - and my personal favorite, it also lowers the global cooldown in between all of your abilites (so youll have less downtime in between casting each ability)

ok i will look into your spec and try it later , it is interesting set up

just quick question as i want to brain storm with you, if an assasin come to you with deflection ( yellow bubble) they have 12 sec stun immunity, what would you do to counter them ?

kite and creeping terror ?, is seismic grenade can stun them during this or we just kite until the bubble ran out

Edited by KumbayaGOD

just quick question as i want to brain storm with you, if an assasin come to you with deflection ( yellow bubble) they have 12 sec stun immunity, what would you do to counter them ?

kite and creeping terror ?, is seismic grenade can stun them during this or we just kite until the bubble ran out

If I remember right, the melee/ranged one lasts for 12s so you won't have to worry about that one. But the yellow bubble (not too sure how long lasts for sure, but dulfy says 3s?) I usually just try and kite until it fades away. I'm not too sure how the seismic grenade works (never used them before), but even if you end up taking a hit or two it's not too hard to bounce back. If your attacks dont heal you enough, you can always pop unnatural preservation (30s cooldown, so can use as soon as your health starts getting low) or stun them to either run or heal.

sorry if this last part didnt make sense lol, but ill be on again in the morning and ill make sure i didnt mess anything up

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.