Ranked needs fixed for 3.0

Lhancelot

1. "Ranked" is garbage. The 4 man version has led to everyone rolling fotm to even have a shot at running ranked. You just have to look at the percentages of the top 100 ranked in both solo and group queue to see that PT's, Ops, and Mara's are the lions share of the top performers. Note that all of those classes are melee style classes that don't rely on any skills with cast times that can be interrupted.

2. Add more objective based WZ's that don't involve "capture 2 of the 3 ____'s" Capture the flag, King of the mountain, How about shaking things up and adding NPC's to the mix in a WZ or two.

3. If you are going to persist in having "Ranked" PVP, then make those matches count toward the dailies. Also allow teams/players to queue for both ranked and regular matches.

Pretty much this. I think adding NPC's is a GREAT idea! Honestly, I don't think maras need nerfed, but PTs and Ops no doubt need to be toned down a bit. It's true how all of the FOTM classes DO have more insta cast type abilities.

Another good point. Let players queue for ranked and regs simultaneously. Would sure help make it easier for people to get into a match of regs while waiting for ranked!

I think if a ranked pops while you are in a regs match, you should be notified and then able to take the ranked pop and leave the regs wz! Regs is irrelevant whereas ranked is what matters.

I think if a ranked pops while you are in a regs match, you should be notified and then able to take the ranked pop and leave the regs wz! Regs is irrelevant whereas ranked is what matters.

Nope, we do not need you in the Regs. Already especially not with this setting.:mad:

The original post was made in December of 2013, when sorc was **** and madness did not even have that instant crushing darkness. That was also a time when operative could heal in cover and had the infinite roll, and powertech could do that ******** Extreme Prototype, i.e. using AP cleave pyro railshot while running tank stance. I am just glad that era of horror was over.

The original post was made in December of 2013, when sorc was **** and madness did not even have that instant crushing darkness. That was also a time when operative could heal in cover and had the infinite roll, and powertech could do that ******** Extreme Prototype, i.e. using AP cleave pyro railshot while running tank stance. I am just glad that era of horror was over.

Dude! I just necro'd and you ruined it! The odd thing is, BDV's old post still has some relevance to it! He should be proud.

Hahaha no. Having practically every 60 reg with 1 or 2 leavers on both sides is just needlessly annoying for a lot of people.

Simultaneous queuing would be a very good thing though, and it coult absolutely work if people just got the pop after leaving their reg. Having to decide between playing a reg in >5 mins or a ranked in ~30 mins if at all is failure by design. I don't think they are very inclined to listen when it comes to pvp though.

Edited by Korevas

Hahaha no. Having practically every 60 reg with 1 or 2 leavers on both sides is just needlessly annoying for a lot of people.

Simultaneous queuing would be a very good thing though, and it coult absolutely work if people just got the pop after leaving their reg. Having to decide between playing a reg in >5 mins or a ranked in ~30 mins if at all is failure by design. I don't think they are very inclined to listen when it comes to pvp though.

^

This. I find talking about pvp on the forums relaxing and it's more like therapy. Kind of like exchanging philosophical ideas, or theories because 99% of what we hope for will never come to fruition. No matter how sensible the ideas are.