Starfighter Wait Times

AWimpyNiNjA

Depends on server and time of day. For me, on Jedi Covenant, the queues are pretty steady from about 10 am EST => about 1 am EST. I find the best times to solo queue for Bastion for me are between 9p and 1a EST. TEH has been good for me from like 4p => 1a EST.

Don't have a lot of experience with some of the other servers, but I've heard the wait times can vary, and that it's close to a dead module on some servers.

You'll probably find matches most easily on Harbinger and Ebon Hawk. Harbinger usually has multiple matches going until 4am EST. It's not very forgiving for new pilots there, though. Ebon Hawk is a good server for newer GSF'ers to fly on because of the prevalence of Eclipse Squadron impside and Saberwing pubside. Those guilds will help you learn the game.

Begeren Colony, Bastion and Shadowlands are all pretty well trafficked, too.

If you're on a slower server, try looking for matches during that timezone's 'prime time' hours, late evening-ish usually.

Remember, you can always use the social panel's search function to find out if there are matches ongoing. Just type in 'Shipyards Denon Mesas' and it will list any of the GSF matches happening.

- Despon

Edited by caederon

Woah Woah Woah, whats this about a search function??

You can use the /who window to check if there is currently a gsf game running.

Edit: This doesn't decrease the time you have to wait but you can get some information and guess how long you probably have to wait. Relevant information you can read out of the /who window:

- if there is a game running.

- how many games are running simultaneously.

- are the games 8v8 or 12v12.

- is one of them maybe a wargame.

- who is playing gsf on your faction.

Edited by Danalon

Heh. Harb does have pretty frequent pops. I think Red Eclipse (Euro) is probably the most frequent pops.

The biggest thing I can suggest is to queue in a group. The matchmaker will normally scoop up the group (our group has been skipped, but at a glance I'd guess that it would have to skip all four of us in order to not pop- much less likely). If you are group queuing and not having much luck, definitely do the /who from earlier in the thread and see if there are games or not.

I get pretty consistent pops on Bastion, Shadowlands, and Ebon Hawk. Shadowlands and Ebon Hawk have a down time towards the late night where pops are less frequent (I think both are east coast), and so I'll assume Bastion does as well, but it is when I'm asleep. But yea, Harb has a lot of pops as well.

Queue times on The Ebon Hawk seem to be pretty low for most of the day. There's generally 1 - 3 matches going on starting sometime in the early afternoon. The last match usually happens sometime around 3 AM EST. Sometimes earlier, sometimes later, depending on how competitive the matchups are. Roflstomps end things early.

Come th Harbinger .. very rare to wait more that 12 mins 24x7 :D

This is true for the most part, but like someone else said, Harbinger can be very rough for new pilots. There are several premade groups and other 5-ship pilots that run there that frankly make many matches frustrating slaughters if you're on the other end. Even when I've been put on the winning side it can still not be very fun when your premade teammates are getting all the kills and you don't get to do anything. However, if you're willing to rough it out like I did then you really won't have to wait long for matches on Harbinger.