The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Lost Guildmaster status

MarkMaximus

I am really angry that someone in my guild could take my guild as guildmaster when I don't log onto empire side for a couple of months when I play mostly republic side. I am a subscriber and I have been online every week, almost every day, and I do not get any notice of pending lost of my own guild as a guildmaster! I am confused! Why has this happened?!!

This is something that has been in game since launch if the guild master hasn't logged on in 30 days the game will give another person guild master so there will always be a guild master.

Normally it should been an officer unless they haven't logged on in 30 days then it goes to the most recent person. I would ask for the person to return the guild back to you or talk to bw and see if they can do that. Though it might be faster for the person to return the guild master back to you.

I would suggest in the future you log onto that character once a week and it shouldn't happen again.

Edited by ScarletBlaze

i can't imagine all the wonderful activities provided by a guild with his GM not logging for two months

Like I mentioned, the guild is pretty much dead and most activities are done on republic side, I can't manage both sides and had other people help with that. Had I known that I needed to log on to just one side when I log onto swtor everyday then I would have.

30 days is a fairly long time to not log in.

Heck, just in case you are injured for that time period (car accident, plane crash), you can always make a friend an Officer so she/he can pass you back GM upon your return.

This is very arrogant considering that when I did not log into play for a period of time was due to my computer crashing and how could I magically place someone in charge of guild when I can not log. Also, you failed to realize that I did say that I log on everyday... Not sure how this does not sound justifiable to me keeping my guildmaster status.

This is very arrogant considering that when I did not log into play for a period of time was due to my computer crashing and how could I magically place someone in charge of guild when I can not log. Also, you failed to realize that I did say that I log on everyday... Not sure how this does not sound justifiable to me keeping my guildmaster status.

But you failed to Log into the character that has the GM status. Its that simple really. You said you log in everyday but not even once on your GM character to check up on your guild? Even if its dead its not that hard even to log in once per week/month to at the very least check PMs. Also if you couldn't log in due to your computer crashing, then it goes to the next active officer. If you don't trust them in charge of your dead guild, don't make them officers.

If its like you said, no one even uses that old guild anymore, Why are you do even care about losing your GM status anyway.

The system is there so that for any reason if a GM is not online for 30 days the next active sub takes over. There are guilds where the GM have disappeared for a long time, with no communication and this allows the highest ranking sub to take over. This allows them to take over and run as they see fit aka preserve the guild and name if there are other active members who still use it for various reasons.

I wonder if this is how I suddenly gained guildmaster status in my guild. I joined the guild a few months ago and one day I log in and notice I'm the Guild leader somehow. No one is ever on except an officer who I've seen on maybe 2 or 3 times in the past 1-2 months. I actually got the guild a Stronghold but stopped short of a guild ship in case someone asks for it back.

If no one claims it within the next few weeks (I'm sure they could send me an in-game message) I'm gonna change the name and start recruiting :rolleyes:

At your stage, i'll be honest and say the guild is yours. You stumped up the creds to get the guild stronghold and if GMship went to you and not to that other officer you said saw logging in, then well, consider yourself the Bioware designated inheritor of your guild :D