Stronghold patch messed up some old loot tables?

Regentlord

I just came back to the game not too long ago after being away for a very long time.

I used to farm old mobs in a certain place because they would drop unique looking orange gear that could sell for a lot of the GTN.

Now they aren't dropping anywhere near as much as before, to the point of it being almost completely useless to farm. Instead of dropping the orange gear they are dropping stronghold items that are pretty worthless.

I can't imagine its intended as it pretty much removes a bunch of unique modeled items from the game.

Edited by Regentlord

While you were away, they did a patch where "good loot" would stop dropping if you farmed them. For example, 2 champions/elites on DK near and in the Dark Temple. Plus the scientist and 2 adds. They had some very good and rare loot drops. But after the 3rd or so kill of that mob, loot quality diminished. So you had to wait or log out to reset it.

I assume this is the case unless you tell us where you are farming.

Edited by itsmymillertime

While you were away, they did a patch where "good loot" would stop dropping if you farmed them. For example, 2 champions/elites on DK near and in the Dark Temple. Plus the scientist and 2 adds. They had some very good and rare loot drops. But after the 3rd or so kill of that mob, loot quality diminished. So you had to wait or log out to reset it.

I assume this is the case unless you tell us where you are farming.

Yeah, I had read about that and was relogging after every 3rd kill.

They added the datacron decorations to the rare loottable with GSH, which previously only had prototype items, including the orange armor you were farming. Therefore, it may very well be that you are now sometimes getting decorations instead of the orange armor you got previously, but if you sell the decorations on the GTN, they're even worth more than the orange armor.

They added the datacron decorations to the rare loottable with GSH, which previously only had prototype items, including the orange armor you were farming. Therefore, it may very well be that you are now sometimes getting decorations instead of the orange armor you got previously, but if you sell the decorations on the GTN, they're even worth more than the orange armor.

The Datacrons (decor pieces) aren't worth very much on GTN, typically only around 10Kish on avg. Just fyi. Not sure what the OP was making in creds for the orange gear, but with datacrons, unless it's the Aim one for darkside, typically just aren't worth much as they drop all over the place.

I would obviously rather not spend my time doing it, that is why the change is making me angry, since they made it infinitely harder for no apparent reason.

Here's your reason....

I used to farm old mobs in a certain place because they would drop unique looking orange gear that could sell for a lot of the GTN.

:D

Here's your reason....

But the change doesnt actually make it give any less credits, it just takes much longer to get anything, which in turn makes the items worth insane amounts of credits on the GTN. The change does nothing but hurt everyone involved. It hurts the farmer because it becomes more boring and you see less loot, and it hurts the people who are trying to buy the pieces from the GTN because now they cost 10x as much because they take 10x as long to collect.

But the change doesnt actually make it give any less credits, it just takes much longer to get anything, which in turn makes the items worth insane amounts of credits on the GTN. The change does nothing but hurt everyone involved. It hurts the farmer because it becomes more boring and you see less loot, and it hurts the people who are trying to buy the pieces from the GTN because now they cost 10x as much because they take 10x as long to collect.

It would seem the only party hurt by this change is...you.

People on this forums reading comprehension is surprisingly low.

You said:

Wicked said:

People still use world drops as gear? Really?

No reading comprehension is fine.

You said:

Wicked said:

People still use world drops as gear? Really?

No reading comprehension is fine.

Except that wasn't who I quoted.

I just came back to the game not too long ago after being away for a very long time.

Now they aren't dropping anywhere near as much as before, to the point of it being almost completely useless to farm. Instead of dropping the orange gear they are dropping stronghold items that are pretty worthless.

I can't imagine its intended as it pretty much removes a bunch of unique modeled items from the game.

Would that place be the black hole?