The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

PT PVE Dps Survivability

Consular_Bob

Hi all, just wondering what others thoughts were on the PT so called "Heavy Armour?"

Last night on Underlurker I was being completely pummeled as a dps. using Sonic Rebounder when I could and even speccing into the 5% damage reduction and 5% self heal per Shoulder Cannon and I was still taking almost twice as much damage as the rest of the raid. The healers said that the hardest part of the fight was keeping me alive! Obviously, I was also using a medpac and energy shield/Kolto when I had to also.

Has the 3.0 PT been shopping with coupons to get his Armour as it certainly feels so!

Unless I am doing somthing wrong I am very diappointed with its survivability. Those Lurklerlings are being killed easily before we need to get behind the rocks so it is definately not a dps issue not getting them down fast enough.

Any tips would be most welcome on reducing the damage (without speccing into tank stance for those of you who may reply to that effect :))

Hi all, just wondering what others thoughts were on the PT so called "Heavy Armour?"

Last night on Underlurker I was being completely pummeled as a dps. using Sonic Rebounder when I could and even speccing into the 5% damage reduction and 5% self heal per Shoulder Cannon and I was still taking almost twice as much damage as the rest of the raid. The healers said that the hardest part of the fight was keeping me alive! Obviously, I was also using a medpac and energy shield/Kolto when I had to also.

Has the 3.0 PT been shopping with coupons to get his Armour as it certainly feels so!

Unless I am doing somthing wrong I am very diappointed with its survivability. Those Lurklerlings are being killed easily before we need to get behind the rocks so it is definately not a dps issue not getting them down fast enough.

Any tips would be most welcome on reducing the damage (without speccing into tank stance for those of you who may reply to that effect :))

Stand @ 7 meters, ignore Rocket Punch in the rotation. Oh and spec AP for that fight because AoEs.

Lurkelings do increased dmg in meele.

Play a rdps

I play 4 melee toons, main being a Tactics VG. I take NO extra damage on any of my mDPS toons, because I stay at MAX melee range.

That is the area in which your melee abilities on your toolbar light up...NOT 4m on your tgt, not up the lurkerlings arse, and I took 605 DTPS (3378 DPS with 3pc, 186 relics, implants, and ONLY 82 crit :(, I need better luck on loot rolls!! ) and didn't miss a SS on rotation.

Also, ran ToS on my GS where I took 893 DTPS (3571 DPS) staying at range, with AOE heals.

Well played DPS is well played DPS.

Edited by T-Assassin

Sounds to me that your tanks or tank (depends if youre playing with 4 or 5 dps) didnt taunt the lurkerling the dps first go for, i also recommend to play AP as Kwerty said, and also spec reflective armor as a utility, you will burst the lurker with that in no more than 5 secs.

Another good thing in this boss fight is, even if it sounds stupid, that the dps also bunch up near the lurkerlings and the dps which can taunt simply stands at about 7-10 meters away since the only big hitting ability from the lurkerlings is "maul" which only has a max range of 4 or 5 meters. besides this, sonic rebounder isnt that useful, pyro shield is better since you can push the dps with a defensive cooldown (up to 16k during its duration, at least for me) and you take obviously less damage

Edited by Digitus_Minimus

Sounds to me that your tanks or tank (depends if youre playing with 4 or 5 dps) didnt taunt the lurkerling the dps first go for, i also recommend to play AP as Kwerty said, and also spec reflective armor as a utility, you will burst the lurker with that in no more than 5 secs.

Another good thing in this boss fight is, even if it sounds stupid, that the dps also bunch up near the lurkerlings and the dps which can taunt simply stands at about 7-10 meters away since the only big hitting ability from the lurkerlings is "maul" which only has a max range of 4 or 5 meters. besides this, sonic rebounder isnt that useful, pyro shield is better since you can push the dps with a defensive cooldown (up to 16k during its duration, at least for me) and you take obviously less damage

I found sonic rebounder to be so good in that fight you are shooting your entire raid in the foot by not bringing a vanguard with it. Why? Because it can reflect the insta-kill of a failed cross back at the Underlurker. And with how buggy that fight always is...

You're better off losing +4 seconds on Hold the Line to get Pyro Shield than you would be losing Sonic Rebounder.

I found sonic rebounder to be so good in that fight you are shooting your entire raid in the foot by not bringing a vanguard with it. Why? Because it can reflect the insta-kill of a failed cross back at the Underlurker. And with how buggy that fight always is...

You're better off losing +4 seconds on Hold the Line to get Pyro Shield than you would be losing Sonic Rebounder.

correct me if im wrong, but im very sure that the cross is classified as aoe damage since the whole raid takes the damage, and i have never ever seen a sign that this cast has been reflected by my sonic rebounder

correct me if im wrong, but im very sure that the cross is classified as aoe damage since the whole raid takes the damage, and i have never ever seen a sign that this cast has been reflected by my sonic rebounder

I've reflected it multiple times, and others have also reported being saved by it too. It works.

The huge hit to everyone counts as AoE damage, but the attack that picks a random raid member to instantly kill in the case of a failure - thats single target, and can be reflected.

Edited by TACeMossie

Sonic Rebounder works. Tested and confirmed. (On VG and in Op w/ 3 PT's)

And again, max melee range will avoid Lurkerlings "melee attack". Also, tested and confirmed on my Shadow, Guardian, Operative, and VG.

UL is a very "static" fight, with the only RNG really being rock falling locations. If you can coordinate your team properly, it really is pretty simple.

Edited by T-Assassin

sonic rebounder does not seem to be limited to single target, as it works against a lot of AOE stuff. not sure if they are actually coded as AOE right of the top of my head (if they trigger close and personal or not) but everyone looses their shield on the cross mechanic on underlurker, it works vs heave and the grenades in the revan encounter and probably many more significant mechanics in other fights that seem to be AOE.

However it does not always block the entire attack as the underlurker usually does 3-4 instances of dmg to people and only one gets blocked.

I've reflected it multiple times, and others have also reported being saved by it too. It works.

The huge hit to everyone counts as AoE damage, but the attack that picks a random raid member to instantly kill in the case of a failure - thats single target, and can be reflected.

At what time do you cast your threat drop to do this? I tried this last week, casting 1 - 0.5 seconds before the Underlurker's channel ended, but it was not reflecting the damage.

Thanks for all your feedback, will try out this evening :)

Also, at what point should I swap my old set piece? I have full old set, hopwever have got 2 pieces of the new gear. I do not want to swap them out just yet as I will miss the 8% extra to RS (The 2 new peieces are head and chest so would have to swap them with old).

I it worth swapping the 2 old for 2 new now?