@ Tait ---> Drop Rates Bugged On Slot Machine After Patch

Andryah

Patch notes clearly state that you have added a Walker, lowered the % drop on Jawa Junk, and raised drop rates on faction tokens.

HOWEVER.....

The loss rate on a spin is way up (45%) [not mentioned in the patch notes]

Purple Jawa drops.... are extremely low now, 0.1% for purples [roughly a 100:1 nerf]

Blue and green Jawa drops are extremely low now, 0.15% for blue and 0.2% for greens. [not mentioned in the patch notes]

Certificate drops are now 0.05% [not mentioned in the patch notes]

Please acknowledge if these much much lower drop rates are bugged, or working as intended.

Bioware silence while the forums melt down like I've never seen before, looks extremely bad here Tait.

Edited by Andryah

Bioware silence while the forums melt down like I've never seen before, looks extremely bad here Tait.

This new drop rate wasn't mentioned in the initial post discussing what drop rates were going to be adjusted, either. Either Tait forgot to address this, a developer forgot to pass on the information so that it could be addressed in the post, or the new drop rates for certificates are bugged. Or, I should say, I'd accept either of these explanations as plausible.

I want to believe the extreme nature of the changes is a legitimate mistake and NOT childish retribution. That's not really the best way to build community.

I find your optimism... troubling. :cool:

And I AM an optimist. :)

But I would very much appreciate if Tait would stop by and explain this one to us so we can move on with our life.

Edited by Andryah

This new drop rate wasn't mentioned in the initial post discussing what drop rates were going to be adjusted, either. Either Tait forgot to address this, a developer forgot to pass on the information so that it could be addressed in the post, or the new drop rates for certificates are bugged. Or, I should say, I'd accept either of these explanations as plausible.

Honestly, I'm of the opinion that if you don't put it in the patch notes, it's a bug, and should be fixed.

And if they say they intended it, then basically Eric lied to all of us, or is so far out of the loop he's worthless.

I want to believe the extreme nature of the changes is a legitimate mistake and NOT childish retribution. That's not really the best way to build community.

Casey Hudsen, Mass Effect 3 ending, "speculations". Welp, Bioware just rolled themselves back to the anger levels i had to the three things i just listed. Lovely.

Agree, either a "mistake" or incompetence ... would probably couple them.

How can your testing process miss this? Are you giving people unlimited fun time on screwing up> These mistakes are absurd. Less than 1% they are talking about in these posts here. I WANT TO MAKE THAT CLEAR!! that's not 5% or 10% BUT LESS THAN than 000.5 % for jawa junk, no one I've talked to has seen a cartel cert, or walker.

Info from the dev team on what was happening was great! And regardless of that this was a fail. Please keep w/ the info to the community, we love it! In this case it helps us realize that what has happened is a mistake, just get it taken care of quickly please!

-Rob

Patch notes clearly state that you have added a Walker, lowered the % drop on Jawa Junk, and raised drop rates on faction tokens.

HOWEVER.....

The loss rate on a spin is way up (45%) [not mentioned in the patch notes]

Purple Jawa drops.... are extremely low now, 0.1% for purples [roughly a 100:1 nerf]

Blue and green Jawa drops are extremely low now, 0.15% for blue and 0.2% for greens. [not mentioned in the patch notes]

Please acknowledge if these much much lower drop rates are bugged, or working as intended.

You paid money for it, they changed it. That is what is happening in games. Get over with it. When they see the need to give out information about it, they will do it. You are not entitled to anything nor are you a special snowflake. You did agree on the ToS and RoC.

You paid money for it, they changed it. That is what is happening in games. Get over with it. When they see the need to give out information about it, they will do it. You are not entitled to anything nor are you a special snowflake. You did agree on the ToS and RoC.

I did not pay money for anything. Nor am I emotionally attached to the slots in any way. But I know blatant misrepresentation in the patch notes vs what they actually patched and what Eric actually commented on. The patch notes match Erics comments... the slots do not.

The patch notes say one thing, the slots play differently then the patch notes declare. I simply want Bioware to go on the record and state which is correct and intended. Nothing more, nothing less.

Not everyone agrees with you Neglience... so get over it.

Casey Hudsen, Mass Effect 3 ending, "speculations". Welp, Bioware just rolled themselves back to the anger levels i had to the three things i just listed. Lovely.

It's Hudson and it's nowhere close. :p

Also, considering all the great things he did at Bioware, it's a shame people focus so blindly on the negative and DISREGARD the rest.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

I did not pay money for anything. Nor am I emotionally attached to the slots in any way. But I know blatant misrepresentation in the patch notes vs what they actually patched and what Eric actually commented on. The patch notes match Erics comments... the slots do not.

The patch notes say one thing, the slots play differently then the patch notes declare. I simply want Bioware to go on the record and state which is correct and intended. Nothing more, nothing less.

Not everyone agrees with you Neglience... so get over it.

Agreed. I want to know what the deal is as well. We were told initially that it was working as intended and to spend freely, with Jawa Junk going to be looked at. Patch notes and Eric tell us one thing, but the results of the slot machine clearly show much more was done, and much harder than we were led to believe.

So what's what? Was this intended?

Hey Tait....

Since you cannot be bothered to answer an objective and polite inquiry over this....

.....I cannot be bothered to support the game any longer.

In fact, I will do my very best to never participate in any product from EA ever again.

Cheers and best of luck to those who choose to stay and play. :)

I am a special snowflake though, says so when i look at my toon!

And btw BW; Your mount lacks a name when spawned in your inventory, and also lacks any form of description as of moving speed etc.

It only says:

-Bound

-Requires level 10

-Source: Cartel Market

-CTRL + Left-Click to preview

I would start a new topic on this (Unless i missed an existing one), but im secretly hoping you wont read this in fear of that you will somehow break WZ Bolster when fixing it...

• 3 weeks later...