Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Don't tell me the odds!

Taramayne

Datamined information cant be posted :/

Not sure what data mining is. Did they remove all the post where people like myself who spent 500 coins or more only got 1 cert and zero jawa scraps? One poor guy bought 2k coins, which is 1, 485, 000 mil credits and got one cert and one blue or green jawa scrap.....lol.

EAWARE!

Just wondering why any threads that post the new drop rates for the slots are being removed.. is someone at BW afraid they overdid it?

I do know where to go to get them, just curious why they can't be posted here.

Exact percentages are from data mining, read on the SWTOR reddit probably, and BioWare forbids the posting of data mined info on the forums.

All you really need to know about the drop rates is that you you will have to spend tens (plural) of millions of credits before one of the new mounts is likely to drop, and that if you want to use the machine to get purple mat scraps, expect it to cost you close to 100K credits per scrap (so 300K for an Adaptive Circuitry). The machines were promoted by BioWare as being a legit and intentional source of level 11 mats, which was true yesterday.

But not any more.

Just wondering why any threads that post the new drop rates for the slots are being removed.. is someone at BW afraid they overdid it?

wrong place to post datamind info that what reddit is for

Exact percentages are from data mining, read on the SWTOR reddit probably, and BioWare forbids the posting of data mined info on the forums.

Well, that was the specific answer I was looking for. I suspected as much, but it's a shame they had to over-react that badly on this.

Where did they do that ? Please provide a link.

Hey folks,

First, as Tait alluded to we will be having a maintenance tomorrow, on Wednesday the 21st. We didn't have our regular Tuesday maintenance due to the federal holiday here in the states. I wanted to let you know a few of the things coming in tomorrow’s patch:

• Item rarity borders will now show properly
  • No more getting stuck in Blood Hunt if someone dies to Jos or Valk Beroya
  • The Underlurker will no longer rush extremely quickly back to his target after leaping
  • There have been adjustments made to the Contraband Slot Machine (more on this in a second)
  • There is also one other fix, check the final patch notes for more info

Let’s talk about the changes coming to the Contraband Slot Machine. When we were going into 3.0.2, we wanted to make Grade 11 materials more accessible to more players than they were at the time. As you know, we simultaneously put in the Contraband Slot Machine, which afforded you a fairly good chance to get Jawa Junk and other Jawa vendor scrap parts. This had two effects:

• It had the risk of taking the Grade 11 material costs in the economy, in the long term, to a price below where we would like
  • It created a situation where it could be more profitable to completely ignore crew skills by use of the Slot Machine

With those in mind, we decided to make the following changes, which will be live tomorrow:

• The drop rate on all Jawa scraps, has been greatly reduced
  • The drop rate on Contraband Reputation items, has been increased
  • To insure that the Slot Machine is still an awesome item to strive for, we have added a faction specific walker mount as a very rare drop
  • Lastly, we have increased the cost of each Slot Machine coin from 500 to 750 credits. It was always our intent that the coin cost would increase over time as we add more Slot Machines that accept the coin

Thanks everyone!

-eric

So they went from wanting to make it more accessible to completely removing it.

I find it interesting how Bioware sure as heck didn't delete the old posts that had the old drop rates published. Even with all the complaints about the market being flooded with Jawa Junk they allowed posts that had statistically sampled the entire loot table to remain on the forums for anyone to see, thus making the economic "damage" even worse.

Publish the nerf, suddenly it's hush hush. It's a double standard. Nevertheless, I found it via google and dulfy. I won't publish it, but suffice it to say I won't be playing my slot machine either anymore.

Yes, the slot machine supplanted crew skill missions. However now the odds are so bad that there is no point to playing the slots at all, other than that buying a slot off GTN is much cheaper than buying hypercrates of contraband resale packs off GTN for the rep--which I accomplished last week. It's a shame to lose the QOL improvements to crafting that the slots brought us--as a crafter I went from logging 16 toons for crew skills, to logging in 2 toons to play the game--a difference of about 45 minutes per login for me to actually play the game. The reasonable thing to do would have been to nerf such that the cost of mats through slots/jawa barter was comparable to crew skills costs, perhaps slightly more expensive as a "convenience tax" somewhere between 10-30% (think somewhere between a sales tax and a VAT). That way both methods of getting mats are viable, with players having a choice of which method to use. Now the costs via slots are so astronomical that we have no choice but to multiply the alts and waste an hour of our playtime Troll Crafting upon login and again before logoff.

But once again Bioware lives up to its track record of nerfing things into utter oblivion. I'm not terribly surprised.

Edited by AdrianDmitruk

What i find ironic about the deletion of data mined info on the odds, is the fact they have time to go through threads and delete stuff, yet cannot take 30 seconds to post stating whether the nuclear nerf was intended or a bug to be fixed.

I know they have the keep it quiet till fixed to stop people exploiting bugs policy. But i seriously doubt people are going to say :

'hey the slot machine is bugged and pays out naff all, quick abuse it before it is fixed'

What i find ironic about the deletion of data mined info on the odds, is the fact they have time to go through threads and delete stuff, yet cannot take 30 seconds to post stating whether the nuclear nerf was intended or a bug to be fixed.

I know they have the keep it quiet till fixed to stop people exploiting bugs policy. But i seriously doubt people are going to say :

'hey the slot machine is bugged and pays out naff all, quick abuse it before it is fixed'

I bought my slot machine just for the cartel rep (which is now legend, so I don't have reason to play it anymore) and was afraid to use it until Musco made his (now de facto overwritten) "100% not an exploit" post.

Edited by AdrianDmitruk

I bought mine for the rep maxing and certs to buy the trainer statues for each faction so i could legacy unlock them. Even if the nerf is here to stay i can live with that since i got them. I considered the mats tokens a bonus, woulda still bought it even if they were not in at all.

I am just annoyed that they take time to go through threads and delete mined posts, yet will not take a small ammount of time to make one small sticky thread letting people know if this is another bug or as intended. Given the number of threads, it should be clear by now that the players want to know.

Edited by Rusah

Datamined information cant be posted :/

Plus I saw like 5 different threads all claiming 5 different results for odds

Of course they removed the posts, they were contradictory of each other and most likely all were wrong anyways

But to be honest I kinda like your title statement and been saying they should do that as well with crafting RE

REMOVE ALL POSTED ODDS

If we don't know the real odds

We can't complain about game being broken

I know when I hit item attempt 35 on a Reverse Engineer that says I have a 20% chance at reverse engineering, I get upset at the obvious false info.

If they just removed the "you have 20% to reverse engineer this item" and left it at "You can try to reverse engineer this item", many complaints and head aches would have been avoided.

So I agree

DON"T TELL ME THE ODDS

EVER

ON ANYTHING

I find it interesting how Bioware sure as heck didn't delete the old posts that had the old drop rates published. Even with all the complaints about the market being flooded with Jawa Junk they allowed posts that had statistically sampled the entire loot table to remain on the forums for anyone to see, thus making the economic "damage" even worse.

Publish the nerf, suddenly it's hush hush. It's a double standard. Nevertheless, I found it via google and dulfy. I won't publish it, but suffice it to say I won't be playing my slot machine either anymore.

This is a good point... It may or may not be intentional, but where there is smoke, there is usually fire...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.