Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

I feel like I've been swindled

Kadin

So I see that these Slot Machines are a good way to gather resources along with Cartel Certs so I buy 3 hypercrates with Cartel Coins to finally get one. They then decide to make a mass overhaul to them effectively changing the item all together. So since this is nothing like what I got with my hypercrates, what are the options for getting my money back? Pretty sure they saw a great opportunity to get people to buy up crates and then once that slowed down, they change the most wanted item and claim it's due to customer feedback. Yeah, I don't buy it.

Tell ya what BioWare, if I file a ticket, can you guys just take all the garbage items from these packs that are in my banks and refund my purchases? I can't see how this can be seen as anything other than completely ripping off the consumer.

And yeah I know there are a lot of these threads and there needs to be more. This kind of stuff can't continue to happen. They need to stop baiting people into buying stuff then throwing the hammer at it. I know I wasn't forced into buying it, but I did because of the appeal and the fact that it sounded like Musco earlier said that they were working as intended and not being changed. At least not to this degree.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya you wanted easy money with semi-afk 1 mouse button clicking. a lot of players wanted this. They decided that that kind of thing is not good for the game. so they changed it.

However, the whole procedure with the machine was just bad. should have never been released in the first place.

Edited by Neglience

This wasn't some big overarching plot by EA or Bioware to scam people out of money.

How do you know that? Where you in on their decision making process?

Or are you so naive that you think there are no con artists in the entertainment business?

Edited by BuriDogshin

Ya you wanted easy money with semi-afk 1 mouse button clicking. a lot of players wanted this.

Naah, I already get that with crew missions. I semi-afk 1 mouse button click my way through a few alts for a while and I'll get mats in return.

Granted, I wouldn't get the rare ones in the volumes I got from the machine, but I wouldn't have minded a lower chance on those.

What I wanted was a way to supplement my crew missions while waiting for ques to pop or crew missions to finish.

But this way it isn't even worth the time and money to use the machine at all.

It's an over-nerf.

And you couldn't just post in one of the 3847 threads identical to yours, hm? Feeling *that* special?

Your comment is strong with the hyperbole. And thanks for not reading my post in full because your question would have been answered.

Your comment is strong with the hyperbole. And thanks for not reading my post in full because your question would have been answered.

Nope.

I count at least 3 other threads asking for a refund of some kind, and many more saying "this is bait and switch don't do it again"

Edited by Malderak

Nope.

I count at least 3 other threads asking for a refund of some count, and many more saying "this is bait and switch don't do it again"

And again, you fail to comprehend what I stated in the OP. I'll make it black and white for ya: Threads like these need to be made all over the place, in multiple forms, to get the point across that this kind of stuff can't be allowed from a consumer point of view. The basic fundamental issue I have is that I bought something for one purpose, as backed up by Musco saying that it was working as intended, to then be drastically changed less than a week later. And now I'm repeating myself so I'm just gonna stop here.

And again, you fail to comprehend what I stated in the OP. I'll make it black and white for ya: Threads like these need to be made all over the place, in multiple forms, to get the point across that this kind of stuff can't be allowed from a consumer point of view. The basic fundamental issue I have is that I bought something for one purpose, as backed up by Musco saying that it was working as intended, to then be drastically changed less than a week later. And now I'm repeating myself so I'm just gonna stop here.

So you're basically admitting that the point was to have as many threads with the same complaints as possible, glad we finally agree.

Ya you wanted easy money with semi-afk 1 mouse button clicking. a lot of players wanted this. They decided that that kind of thing is not good for the game. so they changed it.

However, the whole procedure with the machine was just bad. should have never been released in the first place.

you mean there is something easier than sending a crew member out on a mission and then logging off to do your nails?

you mean there is something easier than sending a crew member out on a mission and then logging off to do your nails?

1. The amount of mats you could gain with the machine in an hour can barely be done with crew missions in a week.

2. Leveling up alts, getting crew skills to 500, gaining affection on all your companions takes weeks to months.

Edited by Neglience

You kinda have been swindled.

You paid real money for something you wanted that had a specific value in what it did (AKA the reason you bought it) and though a loophole BW changed what it did and turned it relatively worthless.

I don't really trust a game company but this is just an amazing middle finger to some who used real money to acquire a slot machine.

Edited by Quraswren

I understand it needing the rate of drops cut down a BIT but it went too far. I also bought a Hypercrate for this item once I heard they were working as intended. I'm not demanding a refund or anything, but I'm unhappy with how far it was nerfed and do feel a bit swindled as well.

I understand it needing the rate of drops cut down a BIT but it went too far. I also bought a Hypercrate for this item once I heard they were working as intended. I'm not demanding a refund or anything, but I'm unhappy with how far it was nerfed and do feel a bit swindled as well.

They went a bit too far in the same way that giving birth hurts a bit.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.