Mercs need a button for pvp viability,...

Thermisticles

Try to look at the context before commenting. Your post had 0 to do with what I was talking about. Unless of course you think there's no inherant advantage to being ranged over melee, but since you arbitrarily brought up what other ranged classes have that mercs don't, I feel you just wanted to get up on that ol' soap box of yours... yeah we get it, merc's are worst :D

it wasnt meant specifically in regard to that context, but since you bring it up, what inherent advantage do i have on a stealth melee class? or against a class that the minute i use my one skill to knock them back they are back on me before the GCD is even up? Or one that can vanish and get back on me?

You accuse others of getting on a soapbox and yet you define your comments to such a limited field just so you can refute people...

ill get off the soapbox when you get off the high horse... fair enough?

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok first off the suggested ability is far stronger than ED AND we're a ranged class. It's not even comparable.

The rest of the post is irrelevant to my point, and can be summed up by simply saying "Then the answer is fix Kolto Overload." I mean seriously, using KO at the same times a ES is a waste. If you're pushed to the point that you had to blow them both, someone f'd up somewhere.

you often need to pop kolto when you pop shield...but that is different from kolto taking effect when you pop shield. just saying...there's nothing wrong with hitting kolto ahead of time (around the time you would get your shield DR, after which you'd get kolto on a passive and can continue dpsing or trickle healing, etc.).

I'm pretty sure I only get a maximum of 2.8k per tick (slightly more than a medshot crit and a tick from kolto bomb) but then I last played the game a week ago (thank you for the 14 free days but I'm not resubbing) on my brute geared commando healer and not my exhumed merc. I feel it's too expensive for the healing it does. It's a great topping people up ability but I wouldn't say it's an awesome ability I couldn't live without.

Well I'm pretty sure you don't look at your parses. That's a pretty erroneous conclusion you just drew

I'm pretty sure there already are abilities or were in 2.0 that affected pvp combat only. I'm quite certain I read a tooltip stating the ability had additional effects in pvp combat.

Those a passives, not active abilities. Something that heals you is an active ability

If people on your server is retarded that's ok but let's not balance pvp on the amount of retarded people on your server that have zero situational awareness.

Oh right cuz people on your server see ED and they switch immediately :rolleyes:

I play on JM and Harbinger and have rarely, if ever seen this, even when teams aren't try to burst through it.

It's not about being retarded, it's about reaction time, graphical lag, and 130% dmg mitigation. You think they always see your shield the instant you activate it? Do you think they'll be able to stop they instant they've already activated? No one on your server gets tunnel vision when an opponent is at in execute range? DOT classes don't dominate the PVP scene on your sever?

I agree the duration is a bit too long but let mercs have a taste of FOTM now that everyone found the interrupt button. But yeah let's say the heal effect only last the first half of the shield duration. If other classes like sorcs have immunity and H2F (well 70-100%) dcds why can't mercs? Do you enjoy playing a gimped class that underperforms in pvp?

No, I don't think any class deserves a taste of FOTM. I enjoy playing my merc healer, however you want to classify it, because it's a challenging spec to play. Really we only need a minor defensive tweak, dps specs clearly need that + off heals buff. I'm sorry you need to be OP to feel like you're not underperforming. And yes being FOTM and being OP go hand and hand.

Everything pvp related Bioware does is done on the coffee break apparently. Adding vendors in pvp warzones etc. I'm sure they could have an extended coffee break to let an ability apply new already existing effects in the game and try it out on a dev build. If it even was remotely difficult editing the effects an ability applies in the game they certainly hired a bunch of idiots to architect and code the game.

It was meant as a sarcastic remark that Bioware don't test anything pvp related on pts. No need to get so angry. I'll make sure to have a peer reviewed study before ever making a suggestion in the pvp forums in the future. Would that please you?

I'm not sure where you got anger from what I posted, but rest assured I'm not. I read the cynicism in your post and merely responded in kind. Let's be honest, neither of us has any idea what goes on behind the scenes of SWTOR. So let me spell it out for you: Basically I was asking you to please stop talking out of your *** ;)

Edited by TezMoney

As far as DPS mercs are concerned Kolto overload is a complete joke. It needs DR on it.

Let me tell you, it ain't much better for healers.

it wasnt meant specifically in regard to that context, but since you bring it up, what inherent advantage do i have on a stealth melee class? or against a class that the minute i use my one skill to knock them back they are back on me before the GCD is even up? Or one that can vanish and get back on me?

You accuse others of getting on a soapbox and yet you define your comments to such a limited field just so you can refute people...

ill get off the soapbox when you get off the high horse... fair enough?

See right there is my point, I was talking about the advantage a range has over a melee attacking a target, not a 1v1 scenario. If a range and a melee each attack any opponent in separate scenarios, the jugg would be more susceptible to damage than the range on average.

Also why shouldn't I define my comments to a limited field? I don't really enjoy people taking what I said about one thing and trying to apply it to another to make whatever point they wish. It's disingenuous at best. I certainly don't do it it specifically to refute people, it's because I chose my words specifically. If that puts me up on a high hoarse than so be it, but I'd rather be up their than ranting about a point no one is refuting or even discussing.

you often need to pop kolto when you pop shield...but that is different from kolto taking effect when you pop shield. just saying...there's nothing wrong with hitting kolto ahead of time (around the time you would get your shield DR, after which you'd get kolto on a passive and can continue dpsing or trickle healing, etc.).

Yeah, that's a fair point. As you say, I meant having to ACTIVATE KO while ES is up.

Edited by TezMoney

Why are you two in a pissing contest about healing mercs? Healing mercs are nowhere NEAR as hard off as DPS mercs / mandos.

A pissing contest would imply us debating about which of us is the better healer... which never happened (simple debate on the merits of TotH/Prog Scan), or why merc healing is so awful... which never happened (mostly debated about a 130% heal on ED). The second part of you comment acts as if we were doing either of those it would somehow take away from the plight of the dps merc/mando... which it wouldn't.

I guess ultimately you're trying to say healers shouldn't be allowed to voice an opinion because we're not as worse off in our respective role... which is just dumb (we have all the same faults as dps spec).

Edited by TezMoney

Why are you two in a pissing contest about healing mercs? Healing mercs are nowhere NEAR as hard off as DPS mercs / mandos.

they're the worst of the healers, and it's because of the same problem: no answer to focus fire. so...I'd say their problems are "our" problems.

Too much civil war within the class community about what exactly is needed. And even if healing merc is better off then dps merc doesnt really mean that healing merc is on par (for pvp) with sorcs or operatives. Are we decent? Yes for sure, but HPS wise and survivability wise both of them manage focus better then we do. So give it a break guys/girls. Attacks on eachothers thoughts leads us nowhere. We all agree on the same thing, "Defences are too weak", end of story. And the spec doesnt matter in that regard.

Too much civil war within the class community about what exactly is needed. And even if healing merc is better off then dps merc doesnt really mean that healing merc is on par (for pvp) with sorcs or operatives. Are we decent? Yes for sure, but HPS wise and survivability wise both of them manage focus better then we do. So give it a break guys/girls. Attacks on eachothers thoughts leads us nowhere. We all agree on the same thing, "Defences are too weak", end of story. And the spec doesnt matter in that regard.

Wowowow

Actual common sense... in THE PVP FORUM?? :eek:

A pissing contest would imply us debating about which of us is the better healer... which never happened (simple debate on the merits of TotH/Prog Scan), or why merc healing is so awful... which never happened (mostly debated about a 130% heal on ED). The second part of you comment acts as if we were doing either of those it would somehow take away from the plight of the dps merc/mando... which it wouldn't.

I guess ultimately you're trying to say healers shouldn't be allowed to voice an opinion because we're not as worse off in our respective role... which is just dumb (we have all the same faults as dps spec).

You don't have all the faults of dps spec, you are worse off than most other classes, there I agree, but you are nowhere near as worse off as dps commando/ merc.

I agree there, but still, they are better off than dps mando / merc. They can at least heal decently, dps cant even do that. When other dps healer classes can. Edited by mmmbuddah

Except the faults are exacerbated on the DPS specs way more than on the healing spec. And yes healing mercs are in a better spot than the DPS specs.

I would say that would be worth trying on the PTS with a utility to add a 2 second root at the beginning. I don't think that would fix the focus problem by a long shot but it would be interesting to see.

You want to add a root to electronet? A little counter intuitive isn't it?

lower damage for enet and remove cooldown. Fixed?

no no no no.

enet is a single target ability. that has literally nothing to do with merc problems: having no recourse to focus fire.

unless you come up with something crazy like enet on an aoe (kinda like oil slick but prevents leaps and various secondary breaks, that's a hard no.

Well I'm pretty sure you don't look at your parses. That's a pretty erroneous conclusion you just drew

I'm so sorry I relied on the green numbers above my head. I'll add a peer reviewed combat log in the future.

Those a passives, not active abilities. Something that heals you is an active ability

So these pvp abilities already exist in the game. Good it wont be hard at all for bioware then to test my suggestion. Well assuming the people developing the game have double digit IQ.

Oh right cuz people on your server see ED and they switch immediately :rolleyes:

I play on JM and Harbinger and have rarely, if ever seen this, even when teams aren't try to burst through it.

It's not about being retarded, it's about reaction time, graphical lag, and 130% dmg mitigation. You think they always see your shield the instant you activate it? Do you think they'll be able to stop they instant they've already activated? No one on your server gets tunnel vision when an opponent is at in execute range? DOT classes don't dominate the PVP scene on your sever?

A shield is so much easier to see than ED. Are you for real? Stop staring at your quickbars. I can't even *********** believe what you are typing.

No, I don't think any class deserves a taste of FOTM. I enjoy playing my merc healer, however you want to classify it, because it's a challenging spec to play. Really we only need a minor defensive tweak, dps specs clearly need that + off heals buff. I'm sorry you need to be OP to feel like you're not underperforming. And yes being FOTM and being OP go hand and hand.

I'd enjoy playing a class where I know there isn't a 99% chance I'm the focus target. The minor tweak you are talking about is needing a dcd forcing a hard switch to another target. This is true for all 3 merc specs.

I'm not sure where you got anger from what I posted, but rest assured I'm not. I read the cynicism in your post and merely responded in kind. Let's be honest, neither of us has any idea what goes on behind the scenes of SWTOR. So let me spell it out for you: Basically I was asking you to please stop talking out of your *** ;)

Yeah well I work in the software industry developing software and have seen quite a lot. The poor performance I see from the swtor dev team makes me extremely angry. It either means they are under staffed, incompetent or both.

Yeah well I work in the software industry developing software and have seen quite a lot. The poor performance I see from the swtor dev team makes me extremely angry. It either means they are under staffed, incompetent or both.

should probably factor pvp as a low priority into your variables as well. pvp has always been an afterthought to the game.

I'm so sorry I relied on the green numbers above my head. I'll add a peer reviewed combat log in the future.

Terrible attempt at wit not with standing, relying on your eyes alone is the stuff of neophytes. A simple peek at any parsing pgrm will tell you on average it heals just much if not slightly less ON AVERAGE than kolto missle. But maybe I have to spell this out for you too: That little tick you see over your head happens 1, 2, 3, & then 4 times over a 3s cast (0% alac). Now it's basically true what you said about the raw number, however in 1 GCD, Prog scan's 3x meaning it heals twice as much on the main target as a single kolto missile heal minus HOT for less cost(14 vs 18), and in 2 GCD's it heals 4x as much, plus up to 6 other ticks that hit your team members and armor buff spread four ways! If you have a decent amount of alacrity you'll get those first three ticks in less than a GCD. I'm surprised a programmer wouldn't see this plainly. Bottom line, if you think prog scan doesn't heal for much you're flat out wrong. Feel free to continued devaluing it in your rotation, but don't try to rationalize it with bad math.

So these pvp abilities already exist in the game. Good it wont be hard at all for bioware then to test my suggestion. Well assuming the people developing the game have double digit IQ.

Sure they "could" do it but like I said it would only come with a nerf, please re-read previous post on this subject. We're talking the difference between the realms of possible and probable.

A shield is so much easier to see than ED. Are you for real? Stop staring at your quickbars. I can't even *********** believe what you are typing.

Seeing the shield doesn't stop attacks already activated abilities, like I said, and staring at quickbars is not even what I was alluding to. It's muscle memory and macros.

I'd enjoy playing a class where I know there isn't a 99% chance I'm the focus target. The minor tweak you are talking about is needing a dcd forcing a hard switch to another target. This is true for all 3 merc specs.

Well I enjoy being first target, as healer it's going to happen regardless in most matches. So if you don't like being focused you shouldn't heal period. In fact since 3.0, I'm focused first less often. At any rate, even in DPS spec I certainly think 130% dmg mitigation is a bit much... That's all I was saying.

I never felt insecure tebor.

You constantly trolling the ranked channel for attention says otherwise :D

Edited by TezMoney