Tait/Eric, some of us would like to talk to you about the Slot Machine changes.

OddballEasyEight

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the same reason they take down threads showing the expected rewards from the New Slot Machines? It embarrasses them.

However, what they will claim is that the transcript is not accurate and is misrepresenting what Musco said. Well of course there are inconsequential errors and omissions in it, but it is still faithful to what Musco said. They'll take it down anyway, using even a typo as their excuse.

Thus my occasional "the emperor has not clothes" reference.

Bioware doesn't want anyone to realize they're naked.

Thus my occasional "the emperor has not clothes" reference.

Bioware doesn't want anyone to realize they're naked.

But they have no fear of being naked in this case. This is a transcript of the words they said at the event. The other is datamined info. Info about datamined stuff has always been against the forum rules.

This is not new.

But they have no fear of being naked in this case. This is a transcript of the words they said at the event. The other is datamined info. Info about datamined stuff has always been against the forum rules.

This is not new.

Except there are people who have done actual tests that SUPPORTS the data mined info.

It's uncanny the amount of people "unsubbing" (Doubtful) over their instant Materials machine being nerfed.

Please tell me "But it was fun!!!!111" or some other silly excuse your addict mind is trying to convince you of as to

why they should have kept it spitting out (basically) credits.

----> The Point

---> You

You missed the point entirely. The things people are pissed about is the undocumented nerfs. And how we feel lied to and misled. Who gives a crap about the jawa scrap, they TOLD us about that. Regardless of the whining of the material moguls.

Edited by DurdensWrath

Except there are people who have done actual tests that SUPPORTS the data mined info.

Tests are one thing. Posting about the percentages and where they found them is another thing and that is what's being deleted, because it's datamined and against the rules. Again, nothing new.

TL;DR: Posting about Datamined stuff gets deleted.

Tests are one thing. Posting about the percentages and where they found them is another thing and that is what's being deleted, because it's datamined and against the rules. Again, nothing new.

TL;DR: Posting about Datamined stuff gets deleted.

addendum: posting about not datamined stuff gets deleted if biowart doesnt like it

Hey, not everyone is as dishonest as BioWare. Come Feb. 1, look for me in the forums.

If I'm not here, then you'll know my signature is true.

I just went to preferred. I am still trying to decide if I am going to stay that way.

This is just a small part of the multitude of mistakes they have made recently, so this is the "straw, back, camel" thing for me.

addendum: posting about not datamined stuff gets deleted if biowart doesnt like it

They did the same thing when ME3 was in the works and certain aspects of it were coming out and they were taking a lot of heat. They deleted a HUGE number of posts that criticized Origin or showed how invasive, bloated, and pathetic it was.

These forums don't actually exist for the sake of the players, or the community, or communication between customers and the business -- they exist as a promotional tool, and anything that shows the facts, shows the warts of the game or the failures of Bioware, is at high risk of being deleted.

They did the same thing when ME3 was in the works and certain aspects of it were coming out and they were taking a lot of heat. They deleted a HUGE number of posts that criticized Origin or showed how invasive, bloated, and pathetic it was.

These forums don't actually exist for the sake of the players, or the community, or communication between customers and the business -- they exist as a promotional tool, and anything that shows the facts, shows the warts of the game or the failures of Bioware, is at high risk of being deleted.

When do they start deleting all the slot machines threads then?

Oh, if only...

When do they start deleting all the slot machines threads then?

Oh, if only...

I know this is a revolutionary suggestion but... if you see a thread is about something you are not interested in, perhaps you could muster the strength of will needed to not click on it?

I know this is a revolutionary suggestion but... if you see a thread is about something you are not interested in, perhaps you could muster the strength of will needed to not click on it?

Eeeh, they make the useful threads harder to find and are annoying the same way a baby crying in the background is, so I'd still like them deleted.

Too bad Bioware doesn't censor like you falsely said it does.

Eeeh, they make the useful threads harder to find and are annoying the same way a baby crying in the background is, so I'd still like them deleted.

Your failure to see it doesn't mean it hasn't happened. Perhaps you lack the history of observation necessary.

Your failure to see it doesn't mean it hasn't happened. Perhaps you lack the history of observation necessary.

Or perhaps you are just wrong. The 2847 identical slot machines whine threads give more credibility to my side of things I'd say.

Edited by Malderak

Or perhaps you are just wrong. The 2847 identical slot machines whine threads give more credibility to my side of things I'd say.

A mass of angry and/or disappointed players supports your side how, exactly?

Some of the threads are silly duplicates, some are actually different related ideas. At least it's not just 500 identical new threads demanding "blood and justice" over a silly bug exploit.

A mass of angry and/or disappointed players supports your side how, exactly?

Some of the threads are silly duplicates, some are actually different related ideas. At least it's not just 500 identical new threads demanding "blood and justice" over a silly bug exploit.

^ This times a hundred...

Anyone who complains that "too many customers are complaining" is completely and totally missing the point... It is a swoosh moment! :)

Useful to you does not translate into useful for everyone.

I would like to see posts like your posts deleted. I expect neither of us will get our wish.

Useful to you does not translate into useful for everyone.

I would like to see posts like your posts deleted. I expect neither of us will get our wish.

But at least you lot seem unhappy with the game so hopefully you will leave and the problem will solve itself.

Oh who am I kidding, you people never quit despite threatening to do it at least once per week...

But at least you lot seem unhappy with the game so hopefully you will leave and the problem will solve itself.

Oh who am I kidding, you people never quit despite threatening to do it at least once per week...

Well, in all fairness folks like you seem obsessed with the fact that folks like us are upset, which is a bit strange to be honest.

After all, why would your enjoyment of the game or the forums be predicated on how much someone else enjoys either? Seems to me you should likely enjoy things because you enjoy them and not WORRY about how others feel about it.

Call me crazy.