Tait/Eric, some of us would like to talk to you about the Slot Machine changes.

OddballEasyEight

So let me see if I understand you correctly.

If I am correct, you feel that binding them somehow makes them inferior to other mats....because you lose the ability to trade them.

Is that what you are contending?

because binding them makes the significantly less useful that regular mats..I have shown you why already.if I have a stack of mats that I cant use and cant give them to a friend to make what I need and cant sell them, they are garbage...only worth deleteing

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So let me see if I understand you correctly.

If I am correct, you feel that binding them somehow makes them inferior to other mats....because you lose the ability to trade them. Is that what you are contending?

That's a correct assessment. Most people don't learn how make their own mainhand barrels or hilts by RE'ing a comm vendor offhand or a drop, they trade mats for it. So tradeable mats are superior to bound ones.

name 1 reason to run a crafting mission that doesnt revolve around greed? 1? you want the reward from that mission, plain and simple. anything else is just stupid. there is NOTHING wrong with that greed. it makes the world go round. but dont try to tell us you are running gathering missions "for the children"

I just did. And your right....this exchange is making me hypoxic.

For the children? Are you serious?

That's a correct assessment. Most people don't learn how make their own mainhand barrels or hilts by RE'ing a comm vendor offhand or a drop, they trade mats for it. So tradeable mats are superior to bound ones.

Ah, well to be frank I don't care.

I expect most folks would not care if they were bound, they just want the machine to be fun again. And I am concerned with the majority.

I am not concerned with the plight of folks that are concerned that bound mats would be worth less than unbound ones.

There are still plenty of sources for unbound mats. The mats should and need to be bound, and so do the decorations.

Not having them that way caused this problem in the first place....had they been bound we would all likely still be enjoying our machines.

I just did. And your right....this exchange is making me hypoxic.

For the children? Are you serious?

why is it bad to use a slot machine to get mats to sell but it is not bad to use a gathering mission? why is one greedy but the other ok? you cannot tell us a difference because there is no difference. you are the one calling people greedy because they want to sell the mats they collect.

part of the machine being "fun" was it allowed people to get into the game. crafting missions were just a way to get a few pixels that are used to make other pixels into the bags of your imaginary character. there is NOTHING virtuous about doing them. the devs could have had you following tame nerfs around with a pooper scooper to collect mats. the slot machines are just another way to do the same thing. if you cant see this than maybe you should take some time off. making a class of ghetto materials just to keep your dreams of gtn domination makes no sense whatsoever.

Edited by ivanhedgehog

why is it bad to use a slot machine to get mats to sell but it is not bad to use a gathering mission? why is one greedy but the other ok? you cannot tell us a difference because there is no difference. you are the one calling people greedy because they want to sell the mats they collect.

part of the machine being "fun" was it allowed people to get into the game. crafting missions were just a way to get a few pixels that are used to make other pixels into the bags of your imaginary character. there is NOTHING virtuous about doing them. the devs could have had you following tame nerfs around with a pooper scooper to collect mats. the slot machines are just another way to do the same thing.

You would have to ask Bioware that question. Obviously they decided it was bad for some reason. Hence the reason why they need to be bound.

if you cant see this than maybe you should take some time off. making a class of ghetto materials just to keep your dreams of gtn domination makes no sense whatsoever.

Take some time off...right.

Are you seriously equating me with the folks that were against mats on the machine?

Absolutely ridiculous. I am going to assume your kidding, because my post history, especially on this issue CLEARLY demonstrates otherwise.

MY dreams of GTN domination. Seems like a uninformed, exaggerated canned response to me with no thought to accuracy, pertinence or logic.

Iceskating uphill.....

Next someone is going to accuse me of being a raider or hardcore player....Do yourself a favor and consider your statements before you post them. Otherwise you end up looking rather silly.

if they fix it, or even if they don't we won't hear from them. If they do fix it, it will be mentioned in patch notes first and then Eric may make a post about it. BW has never been good at being transparent or even communicating critical issues, ofc tbh if they did these forums would just implode regardless of their decision so it's always danged if you do and danged if you don't with them, me make them skittish and for a good reason lol, ppl get passionate about this game.

Thats your opinion. Many here would disagree. And have. Still, a response to my questions would be most appreciated.

Referring to "BioWare" as "EAWare", knowing how derogatory that term is, will surely get you an answer.

Undoubtedly.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

don't think so. machines are fine, now.

you know what's not fine? slicing....slicing is way OP compared to other CS it's going to be next, farmers had their day it's time to make things right around the world now lmao. Sorry, couldn't resist trolling the troll:D

They are, if you put up a tent infront of a slot machine and hoarded the junk and are now waiting for the prcies to go up. In that case, yes, the machines are exactly where they need to be. ;)

Hehe.

Like I said...one positive thing...united the community like I have never seen. Folks that usually defend Bioware at all costs joining in with those complaining about the changes. Even folks that are usually pretty quiet and rarely complain about anything are up in arms.

It is impressive. They struck a nerve methinks.

Hehe.

Like I said...one positive thing...united the community like I have never seen. Folks that usually defend Bioware at all costs joining in with those complaining about the changes. Even folks that are usually pretty quiet and rarely complain about anything are up in arms.

It is impressive. They struck a nerve methinks.

They just screwed up big times. But thats no reason for a big portion of gameplay to be destroyed. I like the nerf on the machines, maybe a few minor tweaks here and there, but do not let the machine effect actual gameplay.

Edited by Neglience

Watch 55:42 - 56:26

Interview with Eric Musco and Snave

Replace "PVP community" with "SWTOR Community"

Eric, The truth is "We do want you to succeed and we are angry children" - We just want answers.

Removed - "Community comment" - The humorous jab didn't come across humorous and caused flaming. -Sorry.

Edited by Ryzoul
The humorous jab didn't come across humorous and caused flaming.

Watch 55:42 - 56:26

Interview with Eric Musco and Snave

Replace "PVP community" with "SWTOR Community"

Eric, The truth is "We do want you to succeed and we are angry children" - We just want answers.

And when I say community I mean the people who actually are the community not the

"good bye! Never knew you. Can I have your stuff?" anti-community peeps

Oh, and who the **** appointed you to decide who is or isn't a part of the SWTOR community?