GSF for Warthunder/WoWp players?

Draksen

Hi there

I've taken a looong break from the game, and came back last week.

For the moment still trying to reunderstand the whole concept, the new skills, leveling my toons, and pvping with my main character.

Anyway, I have only a two battles experience with the GSF thingy. I like it so far even if I must confess that I suck badly at it!

Can we see the GSF "option" as a way to play SWTOR à la Warthunder/WoWp? Is it possible to focus exclusively on it? And if so, what is its impact on your toon? Are you yourself that kind of player, or do you happen to know players who spend 90% of their game time on GSF?

Thanks for replies

If you're asking if some players play on GSF there is a great thread already started on that topic here.

I myself play only GSF in this game. As for the effect on your character you get some Xp, credits and a few fleet coms that are spent on things for the space missions. I'm pretty sure that's all though.

You can play this game and do nothing but GSF, you can even level your ground character exclusively through GSF while not doing a single ground mission ever. It takes longer than it would to level a character normally, but it can be done.

GSF and the ground game are completely separate with their own paradigm for advancement (components and ships for GSF and levels for the ground game)

The drawback to doing only GSF is that you wont have enough money to experience other facets of the game like GSH or the plethora of vanity items that are available. If you don't really care about ground pvp, leveling, obtaining shiny things in game, you can focus entirely on GSF without any real detriment. If however you crave the shiny things you might have to do a daily once in a while to earn the cash you need.

On a side note, welcome back to the game. GSF is ia tough game to get into, but IMO well worth the time investment. Stick with it., group up with people you meet in game, and start to fiillout your hanger and the experience will get better and better. If you have gameplay questions just ask, lots of people willing to help.

Also, since no one's mentioned it, I feel kind of obligated to mention that you should join the GSF or Pilot channels in chat. To do this, type "/cjoin GSF" or "/cjoin Pilot". Those are channels where most of the GSF vets and aces can be found, and if you pop in and ask questions, most likely, someone will be there, see, and answer as best they can.

I know for me, I can only really answer questions in between matches, unless it's a really lopsided match in my favor, but some people seem to be quite good at messaging in a match. Regardless, someone usually will get back to you ASAP.

Cheers!

Edited by nyghtrunner

I myself play only GSF in this game. As for the effect on your character you get some Xp, credits and a few fleet coms that are spent on things for the space missions. I'm pretty sure that's all though.

You can use the fleet coms for Stronghold Decorations and Titles as well, if you are into that.

The drawback to doing only GSF is that you wont have enough money to experience other facets of the game like GSH or the plethora of vanity items that are available. If you don't really care about ground pvp, leveling, obtaining shiny things in game, you can focus entirely on GSF without any real detriment. If however you crave the shiny things you might have to do a daily once in a while to earn the cash you need.

I'm just GSF and PVP and'm filthy rich. No problem for our flagship from petty cash to pay 25 million.

Recommended value is, PVE at least as long to run until you have all the companions. The companions crafting while I play GSF.