Some love for Armstech please?

Woks

I have sunk hundreds of thousands of credits into armstech to get the exact purple surge crit blaster I wanted to have the schem for, with just the right prefixes. Only to realize that it sux compared to my champion blaster I got from doing a pvp warzone and getting a pvp bag. I am hanging onto it until 1.2 and if its the same then I am respeccing to biochem.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is so sad news : i am not like most people lvl'n fast (my main BH is now lvl 30) and my main has armstech, scavenging and investigation

i have pumped alot of credits into getting all possible schematics for blaster pistols and rifles, bought or through RE'ng.

My dream is (maybe now was) to become a well know expert craftsman for pistols and guns that people around the galaxy will come to (thought to have read somewhere that Bioware promised recognition - and maybe a title - for all this effort.

Sofar i only get blue and purple schematics. The orange ones are mostly bound as dropped from bosses.

I understand they want to reward people doing ops or warzone with also good weapons but it should not be the case that those rewards should always be better than those made by a dedicated crafter. I am sure some would not mind putting extra money and time in making that one sublime gun or blaster but as people are saying it seems the weapons from drops / rewards are getting better than those prototypes made by a craftsman which is not fair as we need to be able to sell some to reinvest that money for new and better ones (the latter schematics should be / become available).

Anyway my point is the same and summarized i have 2 complaints / suggestions :

how come i get so few schematics for armstech from missions + when is bioware gonna add the possibility to adding a title to your name that people can see ingame. Like : trainee craftsman, adept craftsman, master craftsman.

I don't want to be called / known as 'flyboy' or 'the merciless' when my true aim is to be / behave as a true craftsman.

Indeed would be nice to also add some orange/purple schematics in missions and drops.

Where is the recognition + where are the tools (schematics) for armstech crafters ?

also i found it annoying i cannot compare items from the light or dark side vendor with mine already having things in the slots.

Seriously i don't believe one should be taking out all the items of one's gear (at a cost) to compare it with say orange gear on sale.

A straight comparison say with the stats of your gear without the modifications should be visible in order to compare (or am i missing how to do this ?)

Hopefully the dev's would take a note of this seriously and soon as the game will become quickly boring if you cannot excell in the role you want to play in the game and even frustrating if you have spent all the time and effort in crafting but not getting the (promised) benefits from it.

grtz

from my main Jetspartian

when is bioware gonna add the possibility to adding a title to your name that people can see ingame. Like : trainee craftsman, adept craftsman, master craftsman.

I don't want to be called / known as 'flyboy' or 'the merciless' when my true aim is to be / behave as a true craftsman.

Very nice idea. I fully support :)

It should be linked to number of purple recipes owned (lvl30+, so that people couldn't just go and farm low-level stuff all the time for title) as well as trade value (say: 5 000 000 CRs earn on GTN - quite easy to achieve for dedicated crafter in a span of 2-3 weeks) so that we wouldn't have random folks getting the title for nothing, or as an free addition to Biochem (who gets lots of purples very easily).

But it surely should be available.

Anyway my point is the same and summarized i have 2 complaints / suggestions :

how come i get so few schematics for armstech from missions + when is bioware gonna add the possibility to adding a title to your name that people can see ingame. Like : trainee craftsman, adept craftsman, master craftsman.

I think that is a great idea. Having a title like "adept craftsman" or "master craftsman" would make it more easy to be recognized and makes more sense to a crafter then "flyboy" or just "founder".

I just would like to add I am very much a casual player. I play a lvl 41 commando and I can make lvl 30-40 crafted Armstech items. But for me its all fun. Crafting is new to me, and I think this game makes it easy and understandable, yet fun and rewarding.

I plan to sell my items to make a good economy on my server, not to be super ritch.

I sold my first item yesterday and I was super proud.

There are no orange techblades or orange techstaves because they are melee weapons with aim. They would require hilts to mod them and there are no aim hilts. Its fairly dumb that they made these aim based staff/saber weapons that only a couple companions can use. They could add aim hilts I suppose but no one would make them since the market for them would be so small.

I can't really say about techblades and vibrostaffs, but you can get modable vibroswords (Khem), and I believe I saw some others as well when I bought one from a commendation vendor (for Khem x 2), and I do replace the hilts along with the mod, enhancement, and crystals.

So they should be able to allow Amrstech to craft these items as well.

• 4 weeks later...

Can anybody throw some light on Armstech?

It would appear that I’m missing something, as at level 17, Riggs cannot build anything gunny. – He has the armstech skill, and apparently can make barrels, and has the materials to make one, but nothing happens when I click on it.

Have I missed an operation, skill, level, or an ingredient or something?

I’ve spent a couple of hours researching various forums, and it would appear that Armstech can’t produce anything that you can’t actually buy, or earn by doing missions. -Okay It’d be nice to make one’s own gun, but if there’s nothing I can make to sell, I’m going to be forever getting hand-outs from my levelled-up guild members. Most of them have made a fortune with other skills, and I'm wondering whether to switch, having not made anything in AMstech yet. - My other crewskills are gaoing fin, but I can't get started on this one.

Most explanatins run along the lines of: “Armstech. Use this skill to make bits for guns.” - Grrrr! -I kinda figured that out for myself!

Any help would be appreciated. Many thanks.

For my main I went with Armstech. Like many other crafter's i am a little disappointed with the use of it at end game. The only thing that i can see of use is the crafting for alts or companions. I have RE many different weapons from Blaster pistols to barrels and even lvl 50 Tech staffs all of them purple. The lvl 22 barrels are disappointing that you can get a lvl 23 at Illum for not very much work at all. I sell a fair amount of the lvl 22 barrels on the GTN and never "Mastercrafted" one, which i don't think is possible. I am waiting patiently for 1.2 to see what BW is going to do for it. It would be nice to see a 5 meter range extension for our T3 weapons but i think they should be Bind on Pickup weapons. Any new players that ask what crafting skills to go with i warn them that armstech is the least useful skill at end game. Really good money make though if you are willing to put the time and credits in and realize your bread and butter is going to be anything under 50.

Can anybody throw some light on Armstech?

It would appear that I’m missing something, as at level 17, Riggs cannot build anything gunny. – He has the armstech skill, and apparently can make barrels, and has the materials to make one, but nothing happens when I click on it.

Have I missed an operation, skill, level, or an ingredient or something?

I’ve spent a couple of hours researching various forums, and it would appear that Armstech can’t produce anything that you can’t actually buy, or earn by doing missions. -Okay It’d be nice to make one’s own gun, but if there’s nothing I can make to sell, I’m going to be forever getting hand-outs from my levelled-up guild members. Most of them have made a fortune with other skills, and I'm wondering whether to switch, having not made anything in AMstech yet. - My other crewskills are gaoing fin, but I can't get started on this one.

Most explanatins run along the lines of: “Armstech. Use this skill to make bits for guns.” - Grrrr! -I kinda figured that out for myself!

Any help would be appreciated. Many thanks.

Have you visited the crew skill trainer? If I remember right you only start with a couple barrel recipes, I don't think you can make anything else until you reach Armstech level 20, but that might not be entirely correct as I haven't been that low since launch.

Once you click on the item you want to create you have to then click "craft" in the lower right corner. At level 17 you probably have your ship droid too that you can have craft until you get more/better companions if for some reason Corso is bugged.