The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

The Contraband Slot Machine

EricMusco

Yeah you really sticking it to the man. So instead of you buying the packs directly with CC, the people who are still buying the packs will buy more packs with CC because they are selling like hotcakes on the GTN for minimal CC cost. Not exactly an effective total boycott to make Bioware feel hurt. You are still indirectly feeding it.

Separate point, as I don't feel like making a separate post to bump this topic anymore than I already have.

DO NOT POST IN IT IF YOU DON"T WANT TO HEAR ABOUT IT ANYMORE.

There is only so much before the same ten people who are still complaining about have no energy to keep it going.

Really? People have unlimitless budget to spend in this game? Interesting idea: spending more real money just to "win?" more ingame money to spend it in the GTN. Well, i don't believe it (as a behaviour carried by the most of players buying CCs for real money).

Mr. Musco (or someone who cares): is the actual CSM working as intended? Still looks broken, if the machine means "a fun item" to be introduced in the game because "the positive feedback of the Night Life Event". Is there a final official word about this? Working as intended or not?

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey folks,

We know that there have been many questions about the Contraband Slot Machine and its intent. Here are a few notes on it:

• The Contraband Slot Machine is not bugged.
  • It is 100% not an exploit to use the Slot Machine.
  • If you feel the desire to sell access to your Stronghold, that’s totally up to you. As a reminder, do not scam people as that is against ToS.
  • We added the Slot Machine as a fun idea based on the positive feedback from the Nightlife event, so spend those credits to your heart’s content!

With that being said, we do hear the concern from many of you around the effects of the Jawa Junk’s drop rate on the economy. We are going to take a look at it and make changes accordingly. I will let you know once I know more. In the meantime, have fun! :rak_03:

-eric

Still Waiting

Still Waiting

Let’s talk about the changes coming to the Contraband Slot Machine. When we were going into 3.0.2, we wanted to make Grade 11 materials more accessible to more players than they were at the time. As you know, we simultaneously put in the Contraband Slot Machine, which afforded you a fairly good chance to get Jawa Junk and other Jawa vendor scrap parts. This had two effects:

• It had the risk of taking the Grade 11 material costs in the economy, in the long term, to a price below where we would like
  • It created a situation where it could be more profitable to completely ignore crew skills by use of the Slot Machine

With those in mind, we decided to make the following changes, which will be live tomorrow:

• The drop rate on all Jawa scraps, has been greatly reduced
  • The drop rate on Contraband Reputation items, has been increased
  • To insure that the Slot Machine is still an awesome item to strive for, we have added a faction specific walker mount as a very rare drop
  • Lastly, we have increased the cost of each Slot Machine coin from 500 to 750 credits. It was always our intent that the coin cost would increase over time as we add more Slot Machines that accept the coin

Wait no more.

Source

they cant resist it, its like a toon cant resist the old "shave and a haircut"

Then be better and refuse to respond here yourself.

Two bits.

Edited by azudelphi

Wait no more.

Source

Then be better and refuse to respond here yourself.

Two bits.

Greatly reduced? No, nullified.

"To insure that the Slot Machine is still an awesome item to strive for". Awesome? Actual prize drops on any item (aside reputation, that once reached the maximum value is worthless) is close to none. How that can be awesome?

So yes, the community, as a whole, need clarification about the actual CSM. Most people could see that the original machine was not working as intended (excesive rewards) but clearly Mr. Musco said it was. After the promised changes (not nerfing, but totally breaking) clearly is not working as originally intended, close to the "fun", "positive feedback" and "item to strive for" (with its limited rewards, the Night Life machines were much better toys than this one actually). So still this situation needs oficial statement about it. The item doesn't match with the intentions expressed to back up the CSM addition to the game. Working as intended or not?

Wait no more.

Source

Where does it say the Drop rate of Cartel Certificates will be greatly reduced again?

I'm just not seeing that, maybe you have better eyes than me.

Where does it say the overall drop rates have been reduced?

Edited by Kianabamin

Where does it say the Drop rate of Cartel Certificates will be greatly reduced again?

I'm just not seeing that, maybe you have better eyes than me.

Where does it say the overall drop rates have been reduced?

Nowhere. But between that post and the actual change was over one week time. Plenty enough to make other decisions. A single post is no guarantee that something won't change.

They did take a look at the drop rates over that week as posted by musco and decided to change the machine even further.

But between that post and the actual change was over one week time.

The post being talked about is the one that was made the night before the changes. So, no, there was not over a week between the post and the patch. It was less than a day. One of the notes listed there was misleading at best (the rep item drop rate being increased, considering the fact that the purple rep items had their drop rates significantly reduced) and there wasn't a note at all for the Cartel Certificate drop rates being reduced by over a factor of ten. So, don't see the point of posting that quote at all anyway.

Yeah you really sticking it to the man. So instead of you buying the packs directly with CC, the people who are still buying the packs will buy more packs with CC because they are selling like hotcakes on the GTN for minimal CC cost. Not exactly an effective total boycott to make Bioware feel hurt. You are still indirectly feeding it.

Separate point, as I don't feel like making a separate post to bump this topic anymore than I already have.

DO NOT POST IN IT IF YOU DON"T WANT TO HEAR ABOUT IT ANYMORE.

There is only so much before the same ten people who are still complaining about have no energy to keep it going.

Your reading comprehension is lacking, but that is no surprise.

I did not state that I boycott the cartel market. I also did not state that it is my intention to hurt BW.

All I wrote was that I personally do not want to spend any more real money on this game except for my sub as a result of the contraband slot machine fiasco.

Funny how you feel the need to judge me for my personal decision. And now, let's see if you reply again or if you stick to your own advise. I take you by your word. Another reply from you means that you actually WANT to hear about this topic.

The post being talked about is the one that was made the night before the changes. So, no, there was not over a week between the post and the patch. It was less than a day. One of the notes listed there was misleading at best (the rep item drop rate being increased, considering the fact that the purple rep items had their drop rates significantly reduced) and there wasn't a note at all for the Cartel Certificate drop rates being reduced by over a factor of ten. So, don't see the point of posting that quote at all anyway.

Yeah, and it slipped to page 3 this morning so......

the canadian hockey illuminati are behind it. they brought us justina beiber to soften us up for invasion

We didn't export the Bieberette to soften you up, we just can't stand it.

Though expect a couple of special force beaver in the next few weeks

a few gold farmers whined up a storm trying to get it nerfed. people spoke out against them. the devs nuked it and peed on the ashes, yet have not had the balls to make a single statement.(offhand comments at a paid limited cantina event dont count). there were plenty of people talking about it, the devs chose to listen to the cartel whales that supply the gold spammers. their choice. yes they mishandled it

Bingo -- nailed it.

How about fixing it so it drops random Schematics or Companion gifts, something that can be used after you max your reputation. Decorations, other Reputation, occasional Rare's from other packs, just random stuff. Edited by Kianabamin

How about fixing it so it drops random Schematics or Companion gifts, something that can be used after you max your reputation. Decorations, other Reputation, occasional Rare's from other packs, just random stuff.

but fixing it would require them to actually admit they screwed up..never gonna happen