The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Change suggestions to fix Advanced Prototype/Tactics

DralOrdo

So, we all know the issues for PT atm; too much burst, countered by low-ish survivability.

My suggestions are as follows;

* Rail shot requires the target to be vulnerable (stunned, or dotted). There was no need to make this change in the first place, and gives the spec a reason to use one of it's coolest moves, retractable blade, again. It also requires us to get into melee range, making it easier to kite us which is a necessity if we are to keep the super-speed buff.

* TD goes back to 10m. IF we keep the super-speed on HO, there is simply no reason to have such huge range. We need to be kiteable in pvp to be balanced.

* Shoulder cannon's ICD is increased back to 1.5s (up from the current .5s) Instead of requiring 3.5s to use all 7, we'd need 10.5. As it stands, 3.5s when timed with RS reset and Thermal det and energy burst (4x stacks), our burst is simply too high when SC is up. This will bring our burst window back to a more reasonable level.

I don't have any suggestions for making the spec more survivable, without making it OP again.

Please, let's hear some constructive discussion, thanks!

* Give the pyro (old AP) spec their seven missiles back. Leave the ICD where it is. Fix the kolto overload refresh.

* Put the sonic missile defense back on a separate ability, so that we don't blow a DCD every time we taunt.

* Cut the speed of HO to be somewhere under that of a tier 1 speeder.

* Put the vulnerability requirement back for rail shot, and up the crit.

Also:

Leave the TD range, one 30 meter tech ability does not make us snipers. TD ticking on someone should allow rail shot.

Nerf the $*** out of sorcs and assassins first, or seriously go **** yourselves and your nerf PT threads.

So, we all know the issues for PT atm; too much burst, countered by low-ish survivability.

My suggestions are as follows;

* NERF Rail shot ...

* NERF TD + We need to be kiteable in pvp to be balanced...

* NERF Shoulder cannon's ICD ...

THEN .. I don't have any suggestions for making the spec more survivable, without making it OP again.

Please, let's hear some constructive discussion, thanks!

Seriously? You begin by telling that AP/tactics have too much burst for a low-ish survivability (which sounds balanced to me) then you suggest to nerf our burst AND our survivability !!!

OP are you sure you are playing AP or Tactics ?

Because we do need our mobility = we are a middle/short range dps so we need to be able to close the gap and to try escape from this 10 meters range if we can.

Same for the shoulder canons, are you sure you want less heals from the missiles ? Less missiles = less heals.

You just dont play AP/TAC are you ?

Bringing back the vulnerability clause for railshots would gimp the class substantially when our only way to apply it now is a 4m attack (used to be 30m or 10m). In regular PVP a lot of the time RB isn't even worth using due to low TTK and target switching. Coupled with a 10m range on TD? What's your opener from 30m now.. rapid shots x 2? Edited by ausmisc