Staunch contributor and fanboi loosing my passion for the game :-(

Rheemus

Currently if you have the Cartel slot machine You can make millions of credits an hour buy right clicking your mouse....because its very broken algorithm it uses for determining wins or losses, and like ALL the latest patches has shown there was ZERO quality testing of the code before it was released....

As someone that uses around 400 to 500 Euros a month on Hypercrates ( i know of 7 others on my server doing the same at least and there is ofcourse more on each server) lets say its fair to say im one of a group of people that are very good contributors to the continuation of this game, as someone else calculated in other thread those of us using this amount per month are sometimes equal to 186 subsribers or more per month per person......

To get to my point, even I have almost lost all patience with the game code and its quality or more importantly my passion about this game, i guess because its Star Wars im still here.

Edited by Rheemus

Millions per hour eh?

Kinda like how I make millions per hour by selling cartel packs?

Or by selling items I've crafted with rare mats I've gotten from the jawas after opening cartel packs?

Its not the same, i can also making millions buy using real life money and buy CC store items and sell them on GTN, which you see that i am doing (a lot in fact :-)

what im talking about here is very different, its basically credits out of thin air right clicking........ im so paranoid after last days that im not even sure i am allowed to explain it better in fear of getting my account banned..

Edited by Rheemus

yeah, but buying stuff with real money and selling it is also generating credits out of thin air and destabilising the economy.

Sorry the 2 things are not the same at all if you cant see that then i cant explain it better...sorry

Edited by Rheemus

So you dont want the way you choose to make credits, by buying stuff for real life cash and selling that on the gtn, to be impacted?

The slot machine is NOT broken! It is balancing it out for players who cannot spend a ton of real life cash on cartel packs and get the purple jawa stuff. Which was unbalanced and creates a pay to win situation!

I see you just dont want your in game income to suffer so you can keep buying cartel packs for real life cash and get in game money for them.

If they make cartel items bind to legacy, that would be wonderful!

So you dont want the way you choose to make credits, by buying stuff for real life cash and selling that on the gtn, to be impacted?

The slot machine is NOT broken! It is balancing it out for players who cannot spend a ton of real life cash on cartel packs and get the purple jawa stuff. Which was unbalanced and creates a pay to win situation!

I see you just dont want your in game income to suffer so you can keep buying cartel packs for real life cash and get in game money for them.

If they make cartel items bind to legacy, that would be wonderful!

You managed to completely misunderstand what this slot machine does to the economy because it has a non quality testet alogrithm by the game developers, maybee somebody else has the incliantion to explain to thi sindividual why it is a bug and why it will be fixed soon ?

So if I understand this correctly, the new packs can reward a slot machine which you place in your stronghold and use chips that you can buy from the vendor. As rewards you can get credits, rep tokens, mat tokens (the jawa stuff), or golden certs from the nightlife event.

The problem being that you can spend a few credits and win back mats worth much more? That sounds incredibly unbalanced. You shouldn't be able to consistently churn out valuable goods for cheap like that. Sounds like the old slicing issue from launch all over again.

Edited by MillionsKNives

yeah, but buying stuff with real money and selling it is also generating credits out of thin air and destabilising the economy.

If the slot machine pays out in credits, and you spend less credits playing it than the average payout, it's generating credits from thin air and destabilizing the economy.

If the slot machine pays out in items that you sell to a vendor for more than the average cost of playing the machine, it's generating credits from thin air and destabilizing the economy.

If the slot machine pays out in items that you sell to another player through the GTN, it's NOT generating credits from thin air and destabilizing the economy. The other player already has those credits from his own activities, and the GTN takes a cut of the money, giving you like 90% of the credits and removing 10% from the economy. Or 20% or whatever the GTN fee is, I don't recall how much off the top of my head.

The first two examples are currency faucets, which produce new currency via the game program, increasing the amount in the game environment. The third is a currency sink, which removes existing currency via the game program, decreasing the amount in the game environment.

I don't know the details about the slot machine, but I saw someone mention that it pays out in crafting materials. If it is easier, faster and/or cheaper than standing around sending your companions out on gathering missions it may crash the prices of crafting mats but that's something entirely different from generating money out of thin air. This may or may not be intended but if you think it's an exploit:

LEAVE THE SLOT MACHINE ALONE! DO NOT USE IT UNTIL YOU SEE AN ANNOUNCEMENT THAT IT IS WORKING AS INTENDED OR THAT IT HAS BEEN FIXED TO WORK AS INTENDED.

So if I understand this correctly, the new packs can reward a slot machine which you place in your stronghold and use chips that you can buy from the vendor. As rewards you can get credits, rep tokens, mat tokens (the jawa stuff), or golden certs from the nightlife event.

The problem being that you can spend a few credits and win back mats worth much more? That sounds incredibly unbalanced. You shouldn't be able to consistently churn out valuable goods for cheap like that. Sounds like the old slicing issue from launch all over again.

Could be, or a few people got lucky with "jackpot" rolls and hyperbole took over. It's probably too soon to tell which it is, but if the machine is bugged it should be fixed in a week or two. The thing to look at is not one individual payout but does it consistently pay out more than it costs for all players over a period of time.

Anyone who thinks using it in a bugged state is an exploit should avoid doing so - "but everyone else does it!" was not a valid excuse when you used it on your mom and it does not apply here either.

Edited by Tolunart

It seems the forums are in an up roar over "exploits". *smh*

Just a note, here are the breakdown/percentages of wins/losses for the new slot machine. It's working as intended. They've had this planned for quite awhile now. :rolleyes:

Those odds are actually good....if you spend 500k credits on coins you get 380k credits back just from selling the rep tokens back to vendor (after you capped) then around 1.9 milliions worth of crafting material from the purple scraps.

for having my daughter right click for around 1 hour while watching netflix...that is really good odds , if you cant see how this completely devaluates ANY form of gathering profession and also influences the crafting market big time then i dont know how to make You understand the implications

As someone that uses around 400 to 500 Euros a month on Hypercrates .

400-500 euros to spend like that each month?

What are you... An Emperor? An oil Sheik?

In the real world we have parents working 2-3 jobs every single day of the week that can still not make ends meet to put food on the table and put their children through school.

Most people I know that is working full time doesn't have 400-500 euros to spend like it's toilet paper every month. If you have that much money; how about sending some of it to organizations that will support and look after people so they won't be put out on the street?

I hold no ill-will towards you OP but it's making me rather uneasy reading your post where you are openly stating to everyone that you can without any second thought spend 400-500 euros a month like it's monopoly money when we are all currently living in a real world situation that haven't been this bad regarding rich vs poor in years.

edit: while I got a little off-track I read your post but I don't know what Bioware's stance on the matter is. It's so easy to make several millions in this game just from doing dailies so I don't really think the slot machine will break anything even if you get a lot of credits out of it.

I

Edited by redsovereign

Okay, OP, let me get this straight. You didn't lose passion over the ability lag or the FPS issues the past few weeks. You didn't lose passion over the lackluster SOR expansion. You didn't even lose it over the game-wide still-broken planetary quest chain on Imperial Balmorra.

Instead, you've lost it over a rare-issue slot machine.

Just checking, because, IMHO, that makes no sense.

If the slot machine pays out in credits, and you spend less credits playing it than the average payout, it's generating credits from thin air and destabilizing the economy.

If the slot machine pays out in items that you sell to a vendor for more than the average cost of playing the machine, it's generating credits from thin air and destabilizing the economy.

If the slot machine pays out in items that you sell to another player through the GTN, it's NOT generating credits from thin air and destabilizing the economy. The other player already has those credits from his own activities, and the GTN takes a cut of the money, giving you like 90% of the credits and removing 10% from the economy. Or 20% or whatever the GTN fee is, I don't recall how much off the top of my head.

The first two examples are currency faucets, which produce new currency via the game program, increasing the amount in the game environment. The third is a currency sink, which removes existing currency via the game program, decreasing the amount in the game environment.

I don't know the details about the slot machine, but I saw someone mention that it pays out in crafting materials. If it is easier, faster and/or cheaper than standing around sending your companions out on gathering missions it may crash the prices of crafting mats but that's something entirely different from generating money out of thin air. This may or may not be intended but if you think it's an exploit:

LEAVE THE SLOT MACHINE ALONE! DO NOT USE IT UNTIL YOU SEE AN ANNOUNCEMENT THAT IT IS WORKING AS INTENDED OR THAT IT HAS BEEN FIXED TO WORK AS INTENDED.

Isn't the act of simply playing the game generates virtual properties from thin air?

There is a quest in Rishi, you talk to the quest giver, wait 5 mins, then talk to him again, you get credits & rep/comms.

Simply create a new toon I get trash in my bag I can sell to vendor for credits.

Of course you can farm mobs or chests.

Now there is effort-to-return-ratio. But how to measure fairness? There are players very good at the market and make credits with little effort. They probably argue that's playing the market smartly. They are likely the ones that lobbying for protection to their existing wealth generating process.

Still what is balance?

Raiders can argue that crafting is broken because they could spend hours doing operations and yield much less return in terms of credits.

Edited by Banegio

400-500 euros to spend like that each month?

What are you... An Emperor? An oil Sheik?

In the real world we have parents working 2-3 jobs every single day of the week that can still not make ends meet to put food on the table and put their children through school.

Most people I know that is working full time doesn't have 400-500 euros to spend like it's toilet paper every month. If you have that much money; how about sending some of it to organizations that will support and look after people so they won't be put out on the street?

I hold no ill-will towards you OP but it's making me rather uneasy reading your post where you are openly stating to everyone that you can without any second thought spend 400-500 euros a month like it's monopoly money when we are all currently living in a real world situation that haven't been this bad regarding rich vs poor in years.

edit: while I got a little off-track I read your post but I don't know what Bioware's stance on the matter is. It's so easy to make several millions in this game just from doing dailies so I don't really think the slot machine will break anything even if you get a lot of credits out of it.

I

Although it seems like a large amount, there are many far wealthier 'whales' dropping larger amounts than OP. SO not sure why he/she felt the need to let us know the numbers.

Completely agree with you that what you described is the majority of the population, however Teens & young adults also make up a sizeable chunk where they either have a part time job/mommy & daddy with a cc, live off of benefits or F2P.

As for why someone would spend 500 euro a month online...Each to their own. Its a hobby. FOlks spend much more on alcohol, tickets for events, gambling etc. Also 500 euro is not that great. If it was £500 that would be diff. imo.

for having my daughter right click for around 1 hour while watching netflix...that is really good odds , if you cant see how this completely devaluates ANY form of gathering profession and also influences the crafting market big time then i dont know how to make You understand the implications

Your daughter huh? Hmm something there seems like that's wrong. You're not playing it, might as well have a bot. You're basically cheating. :rolleyes:

As for devaluation, nope. It's not really. It's a RARE drop. After it's newness wears off, it will be old news & very few people will be using it.

Plus if that's the case isn't the new map Yavin 4 a devaluation of crafting/crew skills? I can go for about 15min & have a stack. They just respawn...:rolleyes:

Also 500 euro is not that great. If it was £500 that would be diff. imo.

$500-600 dollars, when exchanged, is not much money for an online game?!?! :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Let me get you my paypal info...if you are QQing over the amount of Real Life money you spend in order to earn Imaginary money, then you can deposit into my funds and then COD me in-game a medpac each for a million creds and I'll donate my in-game credits from pvp, dailies, gsf, etc. I'm so happy to help you and keep you happy and then in turn that same money will be used for my sub and thus still contributing to SWTOR itself and keep it going! Win Win!!! Edited by Phoenix_Wraith

Your daughter huh? Hmm something there seems like that's wrong. You're not playing it, might as well have a bot. You're basically cheating. :rolleyes:

As for devaluation, nope. It's not really. It's a RARE drop. After it's newness wears off, it will be old news & very few people will be using it.

Plus if that's the case isn't the new map Yavin 4 a devaluation of crafting/crew skills? I can go for about 15min & have a stack. They just respawn...:rolleyes:

$500-600 dollars, when exchanged, is not much money for an online game?!?! :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Depends on the mmo/game in question. For some its like gambling i.e an addiction. For others a way to elevate their ego's/selves online imo. Yet for others who have too much to bother counting - its nothing.

You cannot make a profit from the slot machine by vendoring items.

You can only make a profit by selling things on the GTN.

Thus it's not generating credits out of thin air.

It is transferring credits from one player to another.

Just like selling cartel packs on the GTN does.