Your Ideal Canon Races/Classes/genders/alignment

Joluka

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The title of the thread clearly stated "your ideal". I don't know about you but I took it to mean: people's opinions of their own head canon, not what you believe BW say's is cannon by dissecting all the in-game minutia while telling other people their opinions are wrong.

There are plenty of pedantic discussions about canon where you can take up this fight.

So much this.

People are having fun here by sharing their head-canon's, let them have fun and leave the lore nerding elsewhere :)

but Force Ghosts are odd things.

I think it comes down to that.

Would still have been far better if they had NEVER made his mask an in-game item. Looks the same as a piece of headgear for Juggernauts and can't go under hoods.

His lightsaber or some other artifact would have sufficed for what it was.

My own legacy is pretty well defined, so much that my guildies point newer players to me in order to come up with RP concepts, hehe.

1. My Sith Warrior is the eldest child of five siblings, human, female juggernaut with a dark side alignment.

2. Just a few months younger than her is my Bounty Hunter. They're half-sisters. So she's a human cyborg (injured as a child), a female mercenary with a neutral alignment.

3. A year after them came my Imperial Agent, who's the full brother of my warrior. He's human, obviously. A male operative with a very, very darkside alignment.

4. Then there were the twins. They were lost during childhood and ended up on the "wrong" side of the galaxy, according to my Agent. My Scoundrel Smuggler is a human male with a decided lightside alignment. And he's funny as heck.

5. And finally, there's my smuggler's younger twin sister. She's a human female, very lightside, who serves as a Jedi Sentinel.

I also have a few characters who don't necessarily mesh into my Legacy story, species-wise. But they're obviously a part of the tale:

6. My Consular Sage is a Miraluka male, very much a prodigy so young as young can be, fifteen when the story gets underway. He's best friends with my Sentinel and extremely lightside.

7. My Sith Sorcerer is a female Pureblood, a distant cousin to three of my siblings, above, through their mother. And she leans darkside, if only to keep people from "bothering" her. Her Andronikus is also a very good friend to my smuggler.

8. I have a Vanguard Trooper, who's a female Cathar. She enjoys a brief fling with my smuggler on Ord Mantell. They maintain friendship long after those particular adventures. She's neutral but leans lightside.

9. And finally, there's my Commando Trooper, who is also a member of Havoc without necessarily being in command. He leaves that to the kitties. He's a male human, more neutral than my vanguard and he works closely with Dorn since he's a healer.

Kallig's not your father, his race isn't relevant, even if the game implies that it is.

Yes it is relevant. He's your forefather.

The fact that you call your forefather's species irrelevant shows how little you've thought about this....

Yeah I'm a human but my forefather was a horse, just saying.

Kallig is your forefather and you share blood. You're also the same race. It's ideal. It's suprising to see how little kids understand about biology. "No, you don't need to share blood with your ancestors, I'm sure he created you with the Force and not in a natural way"....

As stated here, people don't seem to understand what ideal canon means. Because it's 100% biased towards what people like and not, and people don't even seem to bother with trying to make it "ideal" compared to the story.

Kallig - your forefather.

Kallig and Nox - same race.

Kallig and Nox - Humans.

It's logical and ideal according to the story line. Just like the Sith warrior HAS to be a human or pureblood, the SI has to be a human. If you don't understand how this is the ideal part of the story, then the lack of intelligence should be taken as close to mild retardation.

"No but my forefather made children with kittens so it's fine" doesn't matter. Humans with humans. Done.

Yes it is relevant. He's your forefather.

The fact that you call your forefather's species irrelevant shows how little you've thought about this....

Yeah I'm a human but my forefather was a horse, just saying.

Kallig is your forefather and you share blood. You're also the same race. It's ideal. It's suprising to see how little kids understand about biology. "No, you don't need to share blood with your ancestors, I'm sure he created you with the Force and not in a natural way"....

As stated here, people don't seem to understand what ideal canon means. Because it's 100% biased towards what people like and not, and people don't even seem to bother with trying to make it "ideal" compared to the story.

Kallig - your forefather.

Kallig and Nox - same race.

Kallig and Nox - Humans.

It's logical and ideal according to the story line. Just like the Sith warrior HAS to be a human or pureblood, the SI has to be a human. If you don't understand how this is the ideal part of the story, then the lack of intelligence should be taken as close to mild retardation.

"No but my forefather made children with kittens so it's fine" doesn't matter. Humans with humans. Done.

I wouldn't say he is human. But I would say that the races that could be played and be believable include all available except the twi'lek, chiss, and cathar. Zabrak(which mine is), Human, or Pureblood make the most sense

Insert mad ramblings about the 'proper' canon races here

People, just ignore him and keep on posting the awesome. The head-canon stories might not be perfectly in line with canon and lore, but they're fun to read and fun to come up with, and fun's the name of the game in this thread :).

Haven't played any Pubs yet (ohgod those voices whyyy) but I'll do the ones I want to play eventually.

Jedi Knight - Togruta (if it actually gets released) female Sentinel. Dark but not a psycho murderer. She kills those who she feels deserve it and does not let dangerous people walk away.

Jedi Consular - Sith Pureblood female Sage. Very Light side. Diplomatic and wants to distance herself from the Sith as much as possible.

Smuggler - Twi'lek male Scoundrel. Dashing rogue type, pretty stereotypical.

Trooper - Cyborg male Vanguard. Just like Captain Rex because I <3 Rex to pieces.

-------

Sith Warrior - Sith Pureblood male Juggernaut. Dark side but not completely insane - honorable to a degree. Will show mercy to enemies if they're useful enough.

Sith Inquisitor - Human female Assassin. Light side but not a Jedi do-gooder type. Wants to reform the Empire and remove the less terrible aspects of it, but doesn't want it to become spineless and hypocritical like the Republic. Doesn't believe in pointless revenge/needless killing but struggles with this at times due to her past experiences. Loves Ashara but knows it won't work out.

Bounty Hunter - Chiss female Mercenary. Light side and basically just an honorable Mandalorian type.

Imperial Agent - I'm actually not 100% sure on this one. I've played Twi'lek agents, Chiss agents, humans and cyborgs. I've liked them all.

They've all been Dark Side Imperial lovers, though. Will do anything if it benefits the Empire, even puppy-kicking.

My Inquisitor is my main and is the only one I've put a lot of thought into.

Yeah :D I haven't really been able to play goody two shoes characters, so the best I can do is Lawful Neutral. Even though I've got a Vanguard who's Chaotic Good, she's still a big jerk :p

That’s what I picked up on, that your only G character was characterized as a jerk. I have to say that at least in this game, some DS choices are easy to make, because they are Chaotic and thus appeal easily to the human nature that forever rebels against the Lawful and Detached (this guy is unpleasant and mean, kill him!). And some LS choices are outright questionable (Alderaan in particular suffers from it).

I also love how they do consequences in the letters, with some even making you feel justified in making a DS choice (i.e. the water on Coruscant was unsuitable for drinking so you spurning the orphans was a good thing in the end).

People, just ignore him and keep on posting the awesome. The head-canon stories might not be perfectly in line with canon and lore, but they're fun to read and fun to come up with, and fun's the name of the game in this thread :).

It did say "ideal canon" in the OP's title.

"Your ideal races/classes/genders/alignment", then it's something entirely different.

It did say "ideal canon" in the OP's title.

"Your ideal races/classes/genders/alignment", then it's something entirely different.

You're nitpicking and its getting in the way of other people having fun with the concept. Just drop it, man, not worth going on about.

Besides, its Star Wars. There's crazier canon hand-waves than the Kallig not being human stuff.

(also, find it really amusing that you have more of an issue about a non-human/pureblood/cyborg Inquis than the number of Pureblood canon-Jedi chars we've seen :D )

I wouldn't say he is human. But I would say that the races that could be played and be believable include all available except the twi'lek, chiss, and cathar. Zabrak(which mine is), Human, or Pureblood make the most sense

Kallig is probably a human, and the second choice is a Pureblood, which he is not.

He's not a Zabrak, at least that's highely unlikely. Then he'd be famous for being "the first alien Sith Lord". He was a human serving as Tulak Hord's general.

He cannot be a azabrak for ovious reasons. I do value that looking like Darth Maul might be cool and all, but Kallig is still no alien.

The "ideal canon" race will be human for SI. I can't see why people get angry with me saying this (not you, but the little droid seemed to get rather annoyed). It's stated that Kallig was "suprisengly pro-alien for his time";and therefore it's proven as well that he's a human. Him being pro-alien wouldn't be relevant at all if he wasn't a human (or Pureblood). (" Oddly pro-alien." - Talos).

The point is that "ideal canon" means ideal for the story after the game is finished. Hence why it would be really weird to see him remove his mask and have his head covered in horns.

Again, not a problem that people prefer to play as an alien. It's just that the SI cannot play Pureblood (as he's a former slave), and he has to be a human because it's the only explaination in regard to his ancestor.

It involved test tubes, genetic engineers, and a massive amount of Sith Alchemy to get the offspring to come out right.

Who's to say Kallig wouldn't do the same thing? The miracle of childbirth... Sith style...

This is what I always figured, but I don't think it was Kallig who would have introduced the alien blood into the mix. My own speculation was that it was one of Kallig's descendants before the Inquisitor. Whether it was to protect the bloodline from enemies of Kallig's line or simply because a later Sith in the line decided "I want to knock this alien up because reasons" would remain to the be seen.

This is what I always figured, but I don't think it was Kallig who would have introduced the alien blood into the mix. My own speculation was that it was one of Kallig's descendants before the Inquisitor. Whether it was to protect the bloodline from enemies of Kallig's line or simply because a later Sith in the line decided "I want to knock this alien up because reasons" would remain to the be seen.

Kallig's offspring couldn't protect his bloodline by mixing with aliens. That's like a renegade soldier in USA during slavery mixed with blacks to "protect his bloodline"; while it'd doom his children to be second rank citizens. Also, it's really no reason to mix for protection at all. It's not like Hord lived forever, and it's not like they had a single enemy after Hord died.

All aliens can't have children with humans. And "normal" people (Like the SI's family) cannot just afford billion-credit science to have children with every spiecies.

It was no interspiecies marrying IF we're to follow the "Ideal canon", which is clearly stated in the OP's post.

"Your ideal canon".

"You ideal" would be a different story, but we now have to follow the leads we get in the storyline.

Which is ; Human.

Everything is debatable, but it can be no doubt at all that human is the most "ideal" according to the "canon" we are given. Trying to find a reason why the most ideal could be wrong isn't relevant, it can never be more logical that a "normal" human went through everything to mix with an alien,.

Furthermore. Do you see any aliens in the two "first classes" at the academy?

Aliens are not allowed into the academy BEFORE the war. This is based upon SS, who did not allow a single person without Germanic bloodlines, which had to last over the last hundred years to join, but after the war broke out they did allow both Slavic, arab and pretty much anyone with "similar thoughts about nationalism" to join, creating own squads for them as well.

It's considered horrible that humans with slave background are allowed into the Academy at the time where the Sith Inquisitor comes. It's even considered horrible by the rat Tremel that Vemrin is appearing to be Baras' new apprentice, even though we don't get any hints that he's a slave. He's just "lowborn", and that's already horrible.

Being a slave human, is much worse.

An alien slave, on the other hand, would not be allowed into the academy. Look at all the acolytes, from both classes, in the tombs, the ones walking around in the valley. No aliens.

It's not until the war that the last ideas "purity" are put aside.

Not stating that it's not theoretically possible to have SI as an alien, but it's not very lorefriendly and it's certainly not "ideal". Of course, with the right mind you can make it work "perfect", but it's still not the ideal compared to the SI being a human. I take it for granted that "Ideal canon" means ideal according to the story, not to our personal preferences. Personal preferences will always vary a lot more than what's really ideal, as we have different opinions for obvious reasons.

And Kyrrant; I just have a lot of time on my hands. xD

Well, I don't see many Jedi. I never play Republic, I'd probably be annoyed if I did. However, playing JK is horrible as I just love Angral, and I can't really help but feel that the JK sort of creates all the conflict by killing his son. And well, Angral is just the type of Sith you want as a master. I don't like JC because of his voice, I don't like smuglers too much due to being "too cowboy" and troppers are OK but well. They're on the wrong side.

I'm not bashing anyone's "personal preference"; i'm just saying that the post is supposed to be about what's "Ideal canon", not "your ideal preferences."

Everyone should have their own preferences, that shouldn't stop us from putting that aside to look at the "big picture."

Edited by Leaveshill

In your ideal world, what races/classes/genders/alignment would the Jedi Knight, Jedi Consular, Trooper, Smuggler, Sith Warrior, Sith Inquisitor, Bounty Hunter, and Imperial Agent have?

Jedi Knight - Would be a Guardian and a Human Male. Could be a Zabrak too. An other race doens't fit imo. (I have a Pureblood Knight btw :p)

Jedi Consular - A Jedi Shadow and a Twi'lek/Mirialan/Miraluka Female, the male Consular voice sounds like sh*t :o

Trooper - No idea really, Zabrak Male or something like that? As for classes I have no idea because I never played the Trooper.

Smuggler - Mirialan Female and a Scoundrel. (My character :D)

Sith Warrior - Pureblood Male Juggernaut. A Pureblood would make the most sense: I mean, why would the Emperor choose an alien as his Wrath?

Sith Inquisitor - Female Sorcerer, but either Zabrak, Twi'lek or Rattataki. I would pick Rattataki because my Inq is one :D

Bounty Hunter - Either Human, Zabrak or Rattataki male. Would fit the best for a BH. And perhaps a Mercenary?

Imperial Agent - This one has to be a Chiss Male Sniper :cool:

By the way, nice topic. I was thinking of starting a topic like this too :)

Edited by PSVEindhoven

An alien slave, on the other hand, would not be allowed into the academy. Look at all the acolytes, from both classes, in the tombs, the ones walking around in the valley. No aliens.

Xalek kills a Twi'lek contender.

Sith, as a race had Sith PB slaves, so I have seen an argument that a non Force Sensitive PB could be a slave. Further more, PB just means that a Sith participated in a child's conception at some point in the storyline; same with Zabracks that are inter-fertile with Humans. The great debate on Twi'lek's virility kindda came to an impasse.

But what is indisputably true, is that between Kallig and the PC, there are came numerous generations of the inquisitor's ancestors that could have bedded whichever species appealed to them, conceiving children that did the same in turn.

Heck, Kallig being a male probably a faux pas to start with, since from what little I remember, the unbroken line can only form from mother to daughter, etc....

And your whole post testifies to why the canon is the most evil thing that could possibly happen to a game like SWTOR. Fingers crossed BioWARE won't succumb to pressure and presents us with 8 canon characters to make the stories 'come alive' or some BS like that.

Don't understand why adding the class is important? When most likely when they are making canon(never) they are just going to be Jedi Knight/Warrior and so on without having to add the Guardian or Sentinel titles to them and able to use all the skills these two classes get.

Kallig's offspring couldn't protect his bloodline by mixing with aliens. That's like a renegade soldier in USA during slavery mixed with blacks to "protect his bloodline"; while it'd doom his children to be second rank citizens. Also, it's really no reason to mix for protection at all. It's not like Hord lived forever, and it's not like they had a single enemy after Hord died.

All aliens can't have children with humans. And "normal" people (Like the SI's family) cannot just afford billion-credit science to have children with every spiecies.

It was no interspiecies marrying IF we're to follow the "Ideal canon", which is clearly stated in the OP's post.

"Your ideal canon".

"You ideal" would be a different story, but we now have to follow the leads we get in the storyline.

Which is ; Human.

Everything is debatable, but it can be no doubt at all that human is the most "ideal" according to the "canon" we are given. Trying to find a reason why the most ideal could be wrong isn't relevant, it can never be more logical that a "normal" human went through everything to mix with an alien,.

Furthermore. Do you see any aliens in the two "first classes" at the academy?

Aliens are not allowed into the academy BEFORE the war. This is based upon SS, who did not allow a single person without Germanic bloodlines, which had to last over the last hundred years to join, but after the war broke out they did allow both Slavic, arab and pretty much anyone with "similar thoughts about nationalism" to join, creating own squads for them as well.

It's considered horrible that humans with slave background are allowed into the Academy at the time where the Sith Inquisitor comes. It's even considered horrible by the rat Tremel that Vemrin is appearing to be Baras' new apprentice, even though we don't get any hints that he's a slave. He's just "lowborn", and that's already horrible.

It's not until the war that the last ideas "purity" are put aside.

Not stating that it's not theoretically possible to have SI as an alien, but it's not very lorefriendly and it's certainly not "ideal". Of course, with the right mind you can make it work "perfect", but it's still not the ideal compared to the SI being a human. I take it for granted that "Ideal canon" means ideal according to the story, not to our personal preferences. Personal preferences will always vary a lot more than what's really ideal, as we have different opinions for obvious reasons.

And Kyrrant; I just have a lot of time on my hands. xD

Well, I don't see many Jedi. I never play Republic, I'd probably be annoyed if I did. However, playing JK is horrible as I just love Angral, and I can't really help but feel that the JK sort of creates all the conflict by killing his son. And well, Angral is just the type of Sith you want as a master. I don't like JC because of his voice, I don't like smuglers too much due to being "too cowboy" and troppers are OK but well. They're on the wrong side.

I'm not bashing anyone's "personal preference"; i'm just saying that the post is supposed to be about what's "Ideal canon", not "your ideal preferences."

Everyone should have their own preferences, that shouldn't stop us from putting that aside to look at the "big picture."

Ideal, noun:

1. a conception of something in its perfection.

Key word would be conception, so maybe I think an Orcish janitor from Warhammer is my perfect/ideal conception of a Jedi Knight. That's how this thread works.

What I meant by ideal canon, I meant in your own world, in what you'd like to happen, in what you'd like to be canon, including alien Inquisitors. I'm not saying ideal canon as in what we should all accept in the same way that Revan actually turned out to be male. I also said in an earlier post to ignore (paraphrasing) what BioWare would do in your place when writing these things.

But I do think the mask was put on Kallig by BioWare so that they could cover up his race to leave personal interpretation for the players, they wouldn't have for any other reason. Also, as a Twi'lek character, you can equip that helmet and your lekku would also be hidden, it's a gameplay thing. I also think it is perfectly plausible to have Sith of any race, in the Fleet there is a Sith Warrior instructor who is a Twi'lek that tells you not to be alarmed, that the Sith occasionally take aliens into their ranks if they're good enough. I believe the Sith inquisitor falls into the category of good enough, alien or not.

Xalek kills a Twi'lek contender.

Sith, as a race had Sith PB slaves, so I have seen an argument that a non Force Sensitive PB could be a slave. Further more, PB just means that a Sith participated in a child's conception at some point in the storyline; same with Zabracks that are inter-fertile with Humans. The great debate on Twi'lek's virility kindda came to an impasse.

But what is indisputably true, is that between Kallig and the PC, there are came numerous generations of the inquisitor's ancestors that could have bedded whichever species appealed to them, conceiving children that did the same in turn.

Heck, Kallig being a male probably a faux pas to start with, since from what little I remember, the unbroken line can only form from mother to daughter, etc....

And your whole post testifies to why the canon is the most evil thing that could possibly happen to a game like SWTOR. Fingers crossed BioWARE won't succumb to pressure and presents us with 8 canon characters to make the stories 'come alive' or some BS like that.

During the war, yes. I did state clearly that they removed all "rules" during the war, and all force-sensitives would be sent to the academy for training. Xalek wouldn't be allowed into the Academy before the war either.

A PB could also be a slave, but not according to this story, as you're dispised for being a former slave. Purebloods are still very popular for their heritage.

Ideal, noun:

1. a conception of something in its perfection.

Key word would be conception, so maybe I think an Orcish janitor from Warhammer is my perfect/ideal conception of a Jedi Knight. That's how this thread works.

What I meant by ideal canon, I meant in your own world, in what you'd like to happen, in what you'd like to be canon, including alien Inquisitors. I'm not saying ideal canon as in what we should all accept in the same way that Revan actually turned out to be male. I also said in an earlier post to ignore (paraphrasing) what BioWare would do in your place when writing these things.

But I do think the mask was put on Kallig by BioWare so that they could cover up his race to leave personal interpretation for the players, they wouldn't have for any other reason. Also, as a Twi'lek character, you can equip that helmet and your lekku would also be hidden, it's a gameplay thing. I also think it is perfectly plausible to have Sith of any race, in the Fleet there is a Sith Warrior instructor who is a Twi'lek that tells you not to be alarmed, that the Sith occasionally take aliens into their ranks if they're good enough. I believe the Sith inquisitor falls into the category of good enough, alien or not.

My bad then, I thought you meant your "ideal canon" if you look at all aspects, not "personal preference."

And yes, the mask is there to hide his face. So that we can ignore his race, but if we however try to analize then we'd realize that he's a human. Why state that he's pro-alien if he's an alien?

And yes, they do that from time to time. But it's still not likely due to the fact that they were extremely strict before the war broke out. And that the helmet hides it doesn't really matter, we can't say that "oh but your entire head is removed and makes you look like a human" when you wear it. It's a gameplay-mechanic not relevant as it's more of a bug than anything. They just want people, also twi'lek, to wear helmets I bet.

And the S.I does fall into that category, yes. But it's still worth to remember that when your ancestor is human, then the offspring is likely a human as well. Of course it's not 100% certain, and I apoligize for the critic as I clearly misunderstood the intentions of your OP. My bad for that. It's not impossible to make it fit to be an alien, it's just that (when I look at it from what I assume should be Bioware's POW), then it's a human (almost) without a doubt. From BW's perspective, naturally. People can have their own views as well, that just makes the game better in truth.

(Who'd like to see 99% human running around, anyways?)

But

In your ideal world, what races/classes/genders/alignment would the Jedi Knight, Jedi Consular, Trooper, Smuggler, Sith Warrior, Sith Inquisitor, Bounty Hunter, and Imperial Agent have?

Jedi Consular - Human female Light V

Jedi Knight - Human male Light III (Some DS choices here and there)

Trooper - Human male Light I (many DS points reflecting the need to follow orders unless clearly illegal)

Smuggler - Human, any gender Neutral leaning LS (many, many DS and LS decisions)

Bounty Hunter - Any race, male Neutral leaning DS (similar to Smuggler but the other way)

Agent - Human female, Dark I (Many LS points for the good of the empire, but ultimately she's a trained assassin as Watcher X tells her)

Sith Warrior Human or Sith male, Dark IV or Light IV (No fence sitting for this character! )

Sith Inquisitor - Female Human Dark II (Only lunatics wind up Dark V and the Inquisitor isn't one)

Runi 1. Is a good guy who kills people

Runi 2. Is a bad guy who kills people

Runi 3. Is a clone with force powers and wants to find lightside sith.

Runi 4. Is a clone who likes having force ghost to talk too.

Runi 5. Is an ***hole.

Runi 6. Likes having no advanced class.

Edited by Darth__Reaver

My own personal ideal for the inquisitors canon would be...

Sorcerer

Human

Female

Alignment, Light rank 3 (favors compassion and mercy and genuinely desires peace but is level headed enough to know when blood must be shed.)

other details i have obsessed over...

age she left the Korriban academy for DK: 17

Age she ascended as a member of the Dark council as Darth Imperious: 19

I could list more but those details would be increasinly irrelevant.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.