Alacrity is the Marauders best friend

Trevor_the_Bruce

You get lower cooldowns and a lower GCD for attacks (such as Massacre for Carnage). It really makes the burst much better. You don't even have to gear much for it. With Ataru you get 3% already, and when you use Berserk you get 30% for 6 charges, which is plenty to burst someone down. At a minimum when Berserk is active you have a 33% alacrity, which is awesome. That is the reason the Gore window was reduced to 3.0 seconds (most people think this was a huge nerf, but when you think about the change to Alacrity it makes some sense). I've been playing my Marauder a lot since 3.0 hit and I really like Alacrity with them. You get really good burst with Berserk, much more so than prior to 3.0. And with 2 ways to quickly build 30 fury (one instant the other over the course of Channel Hatred) you should be seeing the effects of Alacrity quite a lot. Alacrity for Marauders is awesome!

The changes only really make spamming berserk better then what it was, leaving predation out pretty much. With the 33% during Zen/Berserk you don't really need much more, unless you stack a lot of it, which totally isn't worth it. But ravage with 33% Alacrity is still the same amount of channel time as it was before.. Sort of making it still pointless and gore window being almost too short. You can get scream in within .3 second window left after ravage, but granted most of the time you just get knocked back or cc'd before it ends anyway. :rak_04:

i didnt test an alacrity build myself. And i didnt even do the math, so i just ask:

Do you know how big the loss in Acc/Surge/Power is when deciding to go for a bunch of alacrity ?

I think it might be hard to get the 100% acc and any reasonable other sec stats. But is it really worth it ?

In comparison ?

Edited by heizluefta

So to preface this I am in no means a export and other then typing a whole sentence just to say no without offering anything is just boring. +1.

I did some rough parsec stuff and I'm not sure I even did that right but eh.. So I got mostly crap gear Alacrity at 10.33%

Critical multiplier at 68% Pri damage 1494-1802. Crap gear.. blah blah. Using normal buffs a lvl 56 and a old Rataka stim.

Comparing to the guide on Dulfy

Time on target 4:05 @ lvl 60

APM 52.0 this was using Ravage. If I did not use this ability I was around 58 to 56APM. With maybe a little less damage... Possibly..

Theirs was 48.8. Said it should be around 52 or so.

My damage was 773,044 theirs was 1,002,913 ~229,869

DPS was 3,145 theirs was 4,017 ~ 872

Right now I'm missing 6 aug slots and a few lvl 186 gear. Do I think I can swap one or two Alacrity pieces out yeap. 10% might be too much for Carnage. As it seems to really affect Ravage the most with berserk/zen used.

i didnt test an alacrity build myself. And i didnt even do the math, so i just ask:

Do you know how big the loss in Acc/Surge/Power is when deciding to go for a bunch of alacrity ?

I think it might be hard to get the 100% acc and any reasonable other sec stats. But is it really worth it ?

In comparison ?

In 192/198 gear i go from 4.5k strength to 3.8k. Bonus dmg is down by 150'ish. This with 9.38% alacrity.

This seems to be(on paper) a really bad move, but the alacrity makes up for all that. Yes, you dont hit as hard, but you hit a hell of a lot faster.

When parsing you will find you do the same amount of dmg, if not more(Annihilation) and the spec feels much better and more fluid.

You wont loose any Accu, power or surge. The enhancements are Accu/Power. 14 Alacrity Augments give you 9.38%

and now in ataru ou have to pick well what you wanna use after using zen cuz it remove 3s on the cool down, so if normally it's 11 seconds to wait for precision, after zen it's 8 seconds...

what do you used to pick during the zen windows ?

and now in ataru ou have to pick well what you wanna use after using zen cuz it remove 3s on the cool down, so if normally it's 11 seconds to wait for precision, after zen it's 8 seconds...

what do you used to pick during the zen windows ?

Which CD are you talking about ?

Do you know that 33% alacrity under Zen reduces CDs affected by alacrity using a formula ?

It's not 3 seconds less for each skill, but ~24.81% of the original CD (for 33% alacrity).

For example, with Master Strike (18 seconds CD), 33% alacrity under Zen will reduce its CD to ~13.53 seconds.

It's ~4.5 seconds.

With Precision (12 seconds CD), 33% alacrity will reduce its CD to 9.02 seconds.

Just to add that i am a convert aswell. I Am running 8% alac atm on my watchman sentinel and the whole rotation creeks so much smoother. Not to mention my parse jumped from 3750 to 4100 !! Try it you might like it:)

Hmm, Anni would definately benefit from it for a faster Annihilate CD to make Force Rend always have 3 stacks of Swift Demise before it falls off (the DoT). Carnage, I could see it if the DR on Alacrity when under Berserk doesn't kick in. Fury, would be totally boned with Alacrity, it's rotation is already fluent.

Alacrity helps alot in most Boss Encounters were your uptime is small, switching from a regular Build to a Build were all Augments got me Alacrity + 1 Enhancment with Alacrity made ma DPS jump quite a bit in all Boss encounters.

Since bioware will not buff us we should at least take what we get. For Watchman the posted Alacrity thing is true. Still you are less usefull and flexibel than any other Melee DPS. I don´t think many Endgame Guilds will stick to their Sents if 3.1. doesn´t fix the class.