Raptus healing Challange.

SpikeSaber

Hello to Bioware,

I am not entirely sure, but it feels like healing challenge is stil bugged, I was on my healer 2day there, tho I Neve rbeen as a healer there before, and the HP of the add was goin down way way too fast. Can any experienced healers check it if its bugged still ? Tried it on Nightmare ofc.

No one on my server wants to run old 50 or 55 raid content anymore because there is no reason to. So no one can test if they fixed it because the carrot was taken away. I definitely know our server channel we made to get pug raids went from very active to dead and used now to troll and call people explicit names for trying to get any new content raids going.

I don't know about it being "bugged" per-se.

I can say, that I feel the effectiveness of my heals has taken a hit since 3.0 (ability lag/etc). I attributed the difficulty I was having with the challenge to that. Still, for whatever reason, I don't feel that I heal as well as I did pre 3.0. I know the new gear stats for healers are absolutely horrible... so if you changed gear... I'd check those stats as well.

We are at it atm and our healers say that the add is almost dead the moment they enter and dispelled it.

Don't know if bugged or not

NiM, by the way.

Edit: Alright, somethings really off there. We managed to kill him now. THREE healers +1 mando dps with all 4 raid buffs+adrenals and personal cooldowns barely managed to heal through this. Needless to say that we screwed the first dps and second heal challenge this way:rolleyes:

And all of those healers did this pre 3.0 on a weekly basis. And also everyone of us is lvl 60 and at least in full 192 token gear with 6pc set.

Please look again into this.

Edited by Torvai

We also tried it this week and think it is not doable with just two healers (I am talking about NiM).

Pre 3.0 our two healers combined did about 160k-180k healing per challenge and it worked. This week we eventually tried it with 3 healers (1 only had 186 dps gear) and failed although they did >200k healing and the challenge was not even finished. (we got the numbers via StarParse)

We just noticed that the add has about 50k more lifepoints than before, but it still drops way too fast.

We hope it gets fixed soon as we want our timerun :(

@Torvai: how much healing did your three healers and one dps put out?

Edited by ephostar

Can't really tell how much they healed, since we are using parsec and according to our healers it doesn't show the heal challenge add.

Our strat was like this: First set of challenges 3 healer+ mando dps grabbed healing crystal, two dps grabbed their crystal, tanks as usual. Pretty much everyone except tanks crowded in front of the healing challenge and popped raid buffs, the 4 people entered the challenge and put out as much as possible with adrenals and cooldowns. One dps kited the boss, the other tried his challenge :D

Second set of challenge we didn't even bothered with taking heal crystals, one heal went to the tanks and healed to make it easier, the other one went to dps challenge.

Rest went as usual, although he hit the Enrage. But since the normal damage is a joke with 3 healers, us tanks had all cooldowns ready, so enraged was also not a real problem.

Edit: Alright we now got the theory that somehow the healing challenge values are from 16m. This would explain the whole thing.

Edited by Torvai

Can't really tell how much they healed, since we are using parsec and according to our healers it doesn't show the heal challenge add.

Edit: Alright we now got the theory that somehow the healing challenge values are from 16m. This would explain the whole thing.

That was my opinion right at the beginning.

Agreed. Some guildies couldn't pass it on Story Mode either after the patch (and we've had difficulty ever since 3.0, can't pass either challenge with two healers). Please check the balance on ALL difficulty modes. This *should* be doable with 2 healers in 168 gear, and we have people in 186 gear not even coming close.

Agreed. Some guildies couldn't pass it on Story Mode either after the patch (and we've had difficulty ever since 3.0, can't pass either challenge with two healers). Please check the balance on ALL difficulty modes. This *should* be doable with 2 healers in 168 gear, and we have people in 186 gear not even coming close.

Well they said they fixed it on nightmare, but they did not still. Not really sure why they can't re-check the issue and reply here or in dev tracker..

Can confirm this also. We hadn't run nim since 3.0 and heard about the raptus healing challenge but also that it had been fixed. Apparently it isn't. What a surprise :rolleyes: Our healers went in the first challenge and the mob was dead in 2 gcds. We had 2 sorc dps in group so we sent them both in with the healers for the second challenge. Still couldn't keep him up. I don't know what has been going on over at bioware since 3.0 but this is getting ridiculous. Its like they have just given up.

Actually... the changes to the classes broke the old content.

The increased time delay(s) to interupt and cleanse. NO idea WHY they did something like that, but it required revisting several operations to add a BUFF to give our old timers back.

Silly.. they should have just left it alone. Not like any earth shattering items in new content those times would be OP.

Just wanted to chime in as another person who experienced this today, on 8-man hard mode. Did this encounter successfully many times pre 3.0, but currently the rate at which the add dies is just ridiculous. Based on rough eyeballing it seemed to take about 25k damage per second.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
it works fine. confirmed working in NiM now, without needing to use 3-4 healers in the challenge to pass. Multiple Dread Master runs only requiring 2 healers in 8 man NiM. Consider it fixed.

Forgive me if I need a little more info before I take a Zorz member's word for it. For all we know, the two healers who passed were in BiS 198 gear, which, given that this op drops 186 gear, shouldn't be necessary. I know your healers are amazing, so maybe they did do it in mere 186 gear. I'd really like to know what their HPS was to pass the challenge.

Anyway, consider this bug question still unresolved until we know what HPS it is tuned for and know that two healers in 186 gear can pass it.

Edit: Just to be clear, I completely agree that the bug that made the healing challenge an automatic fail was fixed with an earlier patch. I believe the amount of damage taken by the captive is bugged, however, making it impossible for a healer with reasonable gear for this op to complete the challenge (at least without some god-like lucky crits).

Edited by Mireleni
clarification