New Jetpack Armors need better QA.

Reno_Tarshil

Well i don't know if you're joking or not(probably joking),but in case you're being serious: the engine seems to handle it pretty well when she does her Superman stunts in the Blood Hunt FP.

That's a flashpoint with only 4 people in it. You get on the fleet and if like a dozen people decide to use fancy rocket pack animations at once.... boom! A hamster explodes. It's inhumane really.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a flashpoint with only 4 people in it. You get on the fleet and if like a dozen people decide to use fancy rocket pack animations at once.... boom! A hamster explodes. It's inhumane really.

Valid point....still there are quite a few jetpacks that work properly. And i'm not asking to be able to fly around like her. Just to move the flame animation from the feet to the back of the player. That's all.

Generally, I'm happy with the game, despite being quietly bummed about the increasing number of non-functioning jetpacks, but this case is a bit different.

Spending money on packs with an expectation that the thing works as advertised only to have it broken really stings. Nevermind that the Bounty Broker's gear doesn't work, or that the new basic comm gear doesn't work. I really hope Musco or one of the other mods pass on the dissatisfaction to the dev team. Honestly, it can't be that hard to get these things turned around.

Yep gold rare indeed, bought 2 hypercrates just to get the chest...imagine my disappointment :mad:

Dont let this thread die the more we post the chance the devs will actually notice it

Unlikely.

There are three-year old chest pieces with broken jet packs. If they acknowledge this one and don't do the same for others, well...

And lemme guess. The Shae Vizla armor is Super Ultra Extra Rare?

I bought two hypercrates and got 2 chests.

And 1 helmet, 1 gloves, 1 pants, 1 boots.

Now I only need the belt.

It doesn't seem any more rare than the other sets really.

Of all the "individual" sets (ie. not in crates) I got everything except 1 piece on each (and of course some duplicates).

And it wasn't a helmet or chest that was missing either, so it's no biggie completing them.

Of the crated sets, I got supplementary and lower on one, lower and upper on one and upper and supplementary on one.

Plus one or two duplicates there too.

So all-in-all the drop rates seem ok.

Unlikely.

There are three-year old chest pieces with broken jet packs. If they acknowledge this one and don't do the same for others, well...

Well, they did eventually fix Revan's robes because of massive backlash on the forums. First they gave the lower robe the correct texture, then they removed the double-hood.

In any case, this is really quite shameful, especially for this character. The small bugs in this game are increasing and nobody seems to fix them since they are considered "small". This really needs to change. They can't just leave bugs like that in the game for years.

Well, they did eventually fix Revan's robes because of massive backlash on the forums. First they gave the lower robe the correct texture, then they removed the double-hood.

In any case, this is really quite shameful, especially for this character. The small bugs in this game are increasing and nobody seems to fix them since they are considered "small". This really needs to change. They can't just leave bugs like that in the game for years.

IMHO, NOT fixing it sends a bad sign; solely fixing a CM armor set however sends an equally bad sign.

In the end, I expect most people to either forget about it or just accept it as a character flaw of sorts, as the NEXT BEST THING is released in the Cartel Market.

I still remember when the old Black Hole / Campaign armor sets were released, jet pack absolutely broken, and expecting them to fix it ASAP.

Almost three years later, here we are.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

IMHO, NOT fixing it sends a bad sign; solely fixing a CM armor set however sends an equally bad sign.

In the end, I expect most people to either forget about it or just accept it as a character flaw of sorts, as the NEXT BEST THING is released in the Cartel Market.

I still remember when the old Black Hole / Campaign armor sets were released, jet pack absolutely broken, and expecting them to fix it ASAP.

Almost three years later, here we are.

They fixed Revan's double-hood, yet at the same time, they did NOT fix it on the Investigator set, which is one of the direct CM purchases AND uses the same basic model / skin for the chestpiece.

With the Shae Vizla set, I actually hope that they do fix it, since Vizla can be considered one of this game's "legacy characters". They don't have to code in the large exhaust from the SoR cutscenes, a regular jetpack animation will do fine. It just seems so... lazy to forget to program this in in such a high quality set.

Speaking of Vizla's set though, does the helmet have voice modulation?

Edited by BenKatarn

LOL, you're reason might actually have sounded logical if the rocket boosts and the other exhaust causing abilities did not produce flames to appear at a certain location. Since they do appear, although on the wrong part of the body, it's a clear given the engine can handle it just fine... it's just positioning on the body model that is borked.

Edited by LeJarC

With the Shae Vizla set, I actually hope that they do fix it, since Vizla can be considered one of this game's "legacy characters". They don't have to code in the large exhaust from the SoR cutscenes, a regular jetpack animation will do fine. It just seems so... lazy to forget to program this in in such a high quality set.

Speaking of Vizla's set though, does the helmet have voice modulation?

can confirm the helmet does indeed have voice modulation

can confirm the helmet does indeed have voice modulation

Well that's a relief at least.

Look BW, I'm grateful you gave me my Dye Kit, Color Crystal and Boba Fett chest finally. But that Rishi Headhunter Chest, the Shae Vizla chest and all the other borked jetpacks needs to be fixed, so we can all be happy little hunters.

Please and thank you.

Found out Shae Vizla's Chest has a bugged Jetpack when it works perfectly when you fight her. (Obviously she sabotaged it before giving it up.)

But between this and the Rishi Rep Headhunter's Chest Armor Jetpack not working correctly either, I feel enough is enough. Jetpack armors need better QA put into them because a bugged Jetpack ruins the appeal of being a BH and the appeal of other characters who use Rocket Boost.

Please fix it.

I'd make a thread in the BUG Report Forum if I were you. I really was hoping they would do this armor set right, but no...

I'd make a thread in the BUG Report Forum if I were you. I really was hoping they would do this armor set right, but no...

One has already been made about Shae's chest and my Rishi rep chest and both have been ignored with none so much as a hey we are aware of this.

The continued neglect of Jetpacks in this game is enough and I'm hoping that this thread willl bring this issue to light finally.

One has already been made about Shae's chest and my Rishi rep chest and both have been ignored with none so much as a hey we are aware of this.

The continued neglect of Jetpacks in this game is enough and I'm hoping that this thread willl bring this issue to light finally.

Just need to make sure we keep this thread alive.

There's visual bugs with the new cosmetic things introduced in this patch, and specific armor, the new double braid hairstyle distorts, the jetpack on vizsla's armor doesn't work either..It feels like they don't check these things before launching a patch. Edited by Jesira