Ravagers Exploit Action Update

EricMusco

If I were going to hope, it would be that they were smart enough to see what an enormous waste of time this is now that the bug itself is fixed, and concentrate on things that are hurting the entire game instead of things that are causing a very vocal minority to whinge madly.

But see now they want something to pull attention away from the slot machine thing. So they WILL do something now. They will also somehow manage to to make some huge mistake in the process and make things even worse.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is still something players has obtained by a exploit,

So what?

It has no impact what so ever on anyone else's enjoyment of the game. Nothing was stolen, no one was hurt, no one lost anything, the bug is fixed. Move on, and either enjoy the game, or don't. Whether someone else got their hands on free copies of some infinitely-copyable pixel-stuff has nothing to do with you.

Edited by Max_Killjoy

Lets find out what Bioware decides :tran_cool:

Yes, Bioware owns the game and can do whatever they want.

Funny how some of you only remember that fact when you think it's going to swing in your favor on this issue, and when it looks otherwise, you demand "justice".

Edited by Max_Killjoy

Yes, Bioware owns the game and can do whatever they want.

Funny how some of you only remember that fact when you think it's going to swing in your favor on this issue.

No favor for my part here mate, only want a game that is fair.

No favor for my part here mate, only want a game that is fair.

I think they will do something, if they didnt it would just encourage this kind of behavior if a similar situation occurred again.

Edited by grayblux

Why are you people giving the devs a pass on this? Aren't they the ones who let the exploit go live? They knew about it, and even when they finally addressed it they let a lot of time go by before they patched it. We should be demanding higher quality control standards, not hoping people get perma banned :rolleyes:

Why are you people giving the devs a pass on this? Aren't they the ones who let the exploit go live? They knew about it, and even when they finally addressed it they let a lot of time go by before they patched it. We should be demanding higher quality control standards, not hoping people get perma banned :rolleyes:

It's not the devs that decide it goes live.

If anything it's the lack of devs that's the problem.

Management is responsible here more than anything. For example the decision to make 3.0 go live just before Xmas was already a bad idea. It's also management who decide budgets and I think that the problems lie more in that area than the actual developers. I suppose it depends a bit on how broad your definition of a developer is of course.

Yes the honest people are evil and not those who cheat. The world gets more and more interesting these days :)

The "evil" here has nothing to do with who "cheated" or didn't. It has to do with the reaction.

Go look up witch trials, or McCarthyism, and try to understand why the reaction from certain parties was far worse than anything the "exploiters" did.

Management is responsible here more than anything. For example the decision to make 3.0 go live just before Xmas was already a bad idea. It's also management who decide budgets and I think that the problems lie more in that area than the actual developers. I suppose it depends a bit on how broad your definition of a developer is of course.

or was it devs that didnt want anything interfering with their 3 week vacation? a delay would do that.

or was it devs that didnt want anything interfering with their 3 week vacation? a delay would do that.

Don't think Americans get 3 weeks vacation, but I guess exaggeration is a must for some people.

However, the exaggeration aside, you do have a point in that it was a dumb idea to bring out a new expansion just before Xmas.

I do not wish to take someone's hard earned vacation away, I am not that inhuman, but they should have definitely planned it better. That goes back to management and not the developers.

I find it rather cruel that you would take people's Xmas holidays away over a game. The issues are real but that's not the right solution. People just have such idiotic emotions that they ask for irrational and disproportionate measures.

That's not what I'm after.

Management, devs, whoever let this happen. If anything happens I hope it's on their side so they can prevent these types of exploits in the future.

The "evil" here has nothing to do with who "cheated" or didn't. It has to do with the reaction.

Go look up witch trials, or McCarthyism, and try to understand why the reaction from certain parties was far worse than anything the "exploiters" did.

All people at whitch trials were innocent. Exploiters are guilty as hell, also devs can use logs to precisely nail the guilty ones. I hardly see a connection here.

Edited by Lucyfer_Infinity

Management, devs, whoever let this happen. If anything happens I hope it's on their side so they can prevent these types of exploits in the future.

Yep, I agree there.

I just want to make sure it's the right people who get the blame or there will never be a change.

Have to agree most of these people calling for perma ban want more then just that for satisfaction. That is the problem with what Musco said in the first place. He should of just warned people about doing the exploit not BW plans on dealing with the exploit. This caused the hole witch hunt and now it is out of control. Even if some get suspension people will still look and harass those player after they come back because people are cruel. I have heard people getting harassment whispers already about enjoying there vacations. This helps the state of the game how Musco please enlighten me I am all ears?

Edited by Neoforcer

Have to agree most of these people calling for perma ban want more then just that for satisfaction. That is the problem with what Musco said in the first place. He should of just warned people about doing the exploit not BW plans on dealing with the exploit. This caused the hole witch hunt and now it is out of control. Even if some get suspension people will still look and harass those player after they come back because people are cruel. I have heard people getting harassment whispers already about enjoying there vacations. This helps the state of the game how Musco please enlighten me I am all ears?

Lets not forget to a lot of these people, simply being against harsh punishment is cause enough to label you an exploitorist.

The reaction of "certain parties" was a direct result of the exploiters trying to blame everyone else for their own mistakes, not wanting to take responsibility for their mistakes and then raising hell on the forums in order to deflect attention elsewhere.

Add in posts like yours that bring up crap like the Salem trials and McCarthyism that have zero to do with the fact that exploiters need to be punished to ensure such actions don't happen on this scale again and you can see why the forums have turned toxic.

It isn't a witch hunt to want people held responsible for their misdeeds.

I hope we get better quality control is all. I don't want anyone to lose their job, just don't release something as broken as Ravagers was.

Ravagers? Heh, now you're being kind. The whole expansion was bugged from crafting, to both ops, fp's and lag issues all over.

I also want better quality, but I have this idea in my head that blaming the wrong people will not result in improvements. Call me a stickler for details but then I believe quality is in the details.

Edited by Tsillah

Don't think Americans get 3 weeks vacation, but I guess exaggeration is a must for some people.

However, the exaggeration aside, you do have a point in that it was a dumb idea to bring out a new expansion just before Xmas.

I do not wish to take someone's hard earned vacation away, I am not that inhuman, but they should have definitely planned it better. That goes back to management and not the developers.

I find it rather cruel that you would take people's Xmas holidays away over a game. The issues are real but that's not the right solution. People just have such idiotic emotions that they ask for irrational and disproportionate measures.

That's not what I'm after.

not exaggeration, thay didnt put out patches for their mistakes in that 3 weeks, they didnt put out anything....unless they were in a coma, they werent in the office. most people have to either put out quality product or fix their damn mistakes. ignoring them for a month isnt an option for most folks.

Edited by ivanhedgehog