Stupid Champion Gear Bag RNG

Torsteld

Why is it okay that I've opened 24+ champ bags and only gotten an earpiece, crappy trinket with no stats, and bracers.

Meanwhile I see people under valor 25 who've opened half the amount I have and are running around with T2 weapons and 3-4pc armor set.

RNG of this magnitude when dealing with rewards for valor is bad game design.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is it okay that I've opened 24+ champ bags and only gotten an earpiece, crappy trinket with no stats, and bracers.

Meanwhile I see people under valor 25 who've opened half the amount I have and are running around with T2 weapons and 3-4pc armor set.

6 pieces including both weps from bags since wednesday. Hit a dry spell I think tho. Last 10 bags haven't gotten anything.

Yes its stupid, but lol @ you complaining with a 1/8 ratio... thats not bad at all, a lot of people are 1/10 or worse.

i'm valor rank 39 and have 3 pieces....

Edited by McDaniels

You can always NOT buy those...

You actually HAVE to buy them. Thanks for playing.

you all want top end gear, but think you shouldn't have to deal with the same RNG system that raiders do. Special much?

Not the same system at all. The same system would be giving the winning team in a warzone a random piece of loot that they all rolled on.

The PVP bag system is akin to you looting something off a raid boss and then taking it to a special vendor to turn it in, only to find out that it was some random something or other.

Also when you get "random" loot in a raid it benefits your raid force not just one individual, your entire raid gets better for it. This is not true in PVP. If I get a bunch of PVP gear nobody benefits from but me and the people who are randomly assigned to my team each time I queue for a random warzone. ToR doesn't even allow you to create a full PVP team so don't even start down that path.

Edited by Hypernetic

Really? I haven't bought one yet...

It's the only way to get level 50 PVP gear bro.

So are you guys complaining that the drop is too random and crappy? Well good. I don't want a bunch of noobs running around with insane pvp gear just because they played a lot of battlegrounds and saved up...

That IS what the system does, it just randomly awards you with a FREE piece of gear for no reason sometimes.

There are three tiers of gear at 50. You buy bags with warzone comms to get centurion comms that allow you to buy centurion pieces. The next tier above that is champion and you get THOSE pieces randomly for free in bags.

In the long run the system does reward people who spend the most time in PVP and not the people with the most skill, just like most MMOs.

Edited by Hypernetic

I like the rng bags as far their cost remains so damn low!

I win one game and i am able to buy 2 bags with a chance to drop an item and if that doesnt happens i happily gear my pet!

Making the gear have standard price would make it another annoying grid

In conclusion i like the fun factor from rng bags(yes also the frustration sometimes) plus i get a chance to gear my pets while i pvp ,and all the goodies from the bags(healing injectors and such)

Edited by tsupra

I think it's just a temporary system that they will fix later. Also, it's only for the Champion gear, you can still buy sets from vendors.

I don't think you quite understand what is being discussed in this thread, friendo.

They are talking about the 50 PvP tier gear sets. You cannot get this stuff without buying bags, save for a couple of the battlemaster off-pieces I believe. We all realize you can buy the blue 50 gear for commendations.

I like the rng bags as far their cost remains so damn low!

I win one game and i am able to buy 2 bags with a chance to drop an item and if that doesnt happens i happily gear my pet!

Making the gear have standard price would make it another annoying grid

In conclusion i like the fun factor from rng bags(yes also the frustration sometimes) plus i get a chance to gear my pets while i pvp ,and all the goodies from the bags(healing injectors and such)

lolwut. It takes like 10-15 warzones to get enough commendations for one bag.