Number of toons on start screen?

calypsissmexy

It blows my mind people have more then 8 toons...I only have 1 at lvl 60 and still have soooooooo much to do

Obviously, one of those things is to level a toon of every class so you can see all the stories. Get crackin'!

Personally, I have more than 8 toons because I have friends I want to duo (or quad!) with, and I want a dedicated character to do it with.

Edited by Fidelicatessen

It blows my mind people have more then 8 toons...I only have 1 at lvl 60 and still have soooooooo much to do

I have 64.... :D

I assume you just left a small crater...

As for the limit on chars on the server screen I reckon it is a left over from the olden days when 8 chars was the max per server.

What do you have to do on that one character that "requires" you to dedicate all your play time to that one character?

nothing requires me to dedicate all my playtime to one character I just can't fathom having enough time to have have more then 8 of them...all power to you if you do/can have more then a few alts but I get lost or feel overwhelmed with stuff to do with more then 2-3 on the go

I have 64.... :D

I assume you just left a small crater...

As for the limit on chars on the server screen I reckon it is a left over from the olden days when 8 chars was the max per server.

yes In my shorts...holy jumping..

what is your fav story? ie: lightside sith jug or darkside bounty hunter

nothing requires me to dedicate all my playtime to one character I just can't fathom having enough time to have have more then 8 of them...all power to you if you do/can have more then a few alts but I get lost or feel overwhelmed with stuff to do with more then 2-3 on the go

For me, most of my nine characters were created to run through the class story. Once that's done, they are most often relegated to crew skill duty.

I regularly play only four characters. And even then it's mostly playing my main (scoundrel healer) and primary alt (guardian tank).

You will probably find this quite common.

Edited by psandak

I have all class skills and then I have 2 gathering and slicing toons to get schematics and mats, and I hve 1 toon with only missions skills for UT, Dip, and TH so I can maximize purple mats.

As I said in another thread, it will take me MONTHS to reach the level cap, but I'm cool with that. So I don't have a lot of time, but I do like managing a hoard of toons. :)

Edit: And of course, if/when togruta are released....I may have a new hoard

Edit2: But having to switch to page 2 while cycling toons is just annoying enough that my least important toon tends to languish there on p2 for a few cycles :p. Actually, it's not that switching pages once is annoying, it's that if you load up your p2 toon, then it pushes the second to last, to the second page. And then you check on them, and it pushes the second to last to the second page again...so you basically have to go to page 2 to cycle every single time, and that gets irritating, so I end up letting my least important toon slide to the second page and only check them once in a while.

I guess I need to go to the suggestions forum now.

Edited by calypsissmexy

yes In my shorts...holy jumping..

what is your fav story? ie: lightside sith jug or darkside bounty hunter

I've only finished one story so far, light side consular, so I can't really comment on that. I did like the consular though although chapter 2 was rather weak.

I posted this on another forum last year, might throw some light on my playing philosophy;

I like roleplaying my characters through the story (main and side) and exploring the different conversation options. I.e. Corbain's main drive is greed, he's in it for the money. He doesn't care about the whole Mandalorian honour crap, he just wants a pay day. If that means shooting someone in the face then so be it, if it means taking a bribe from his victim to let them escape and he thinks he can get a way with it? Then so be it. Another BH of mine (Her appearance is based on Shae Vizla, the BH from the trailers) is loyal to the Empire, she will not make decisions that will harm the Empire and will not question orders given to her by members of the Empire. Still does not mean she is inherently evil of brutally violent, she might still show compassion to people she meets that are in need of help. (just as long as it doesn't hurt the Empire).

So basically every of my 64 has a different background and thus a slightly shifted experience throughout the game