Companion lag and aggro radius

Glorthox

I have been seeing this a lot more. Companions lag and then pull other mobs that aren't even close to you. On top of that, they lag to the point where they don't provide support. Example, my low level character uses Quinn as a healer, and I will charge into a fight. I expect heals, but when I turn around, he isn't doing nothing but standing at a distance. And with silvers ( Strongs ) hitting harder than normal, having a companion not helping isn't good. I was on Balmorra last night, and kept having bugs that weren't even close to me, aggro, and then come to find out, it was my companion that was lagging into those groups. It happened more than once. I seriously hope they fix all the bugs and lag issues in the game come Tuesday. I will always be a subscriber, because I believe in supporting a game that is awesome, instead of mooching.

I have been seeing this a lot more. Companions lag and then pull other mobs that aren't even close to you. On top of that, they lag to the point where they don't provide support. Example, my low level character uses Quinn as a healer, and I will charge into a fight. I expect heals, but when I turn around, he isn't doing nothing but standing at a distance. And with silvers ( Strongs ) hitting harder than normal, having a companion not helping isn't good. I was on Balmorra last night, and kept having bugs that weren't even close to me, aggro, and then come to find out, it was my companion that was lagging into those groups. It happened more than once. I seriously hope they fix all the bugs and lag issues in the game come Tuesday. I will always be a subscriber, because I believe in supporting a game that is awesome, instead of mooching.

Yes this is happening a lot to me as well. Mobs bouncing all over tha place, companions killing 1 mob then just standing there while the others pound on me etc. etc. As far as sub goes, soon as mine runs out I will stop supporting this game financially till they fix the lag.

Disable auto-cast on knockback abilities. Problem solved.

Only way companion pulls a group far away from you is if you send companion to gathering node near that group. Other than that they never pull groups that you haven't pulled.

Edited by Halinalle

Disable auto-cast on knockback abilities. Problem solved.

Only way companion pulls a group far away from you is if you send companion to gathering node near that group. Other than that they never pull groups that you haven't pulled.

This is correct. Also, make sure you're within 30m of your companion or they won't heal you. I don't understand why BioWare can't just put a leash on them (at least the healers) and make sure they're always within range of you, but they'll happily sit there and shoot the enemies if you move too far away.

None of which explains why my companions will just stand there after killing 1 mob and does nothing while Im still fighting. This is a recent event since 3.0 and it happens too often. Or why too often my companion doesnt follow me when Im on foot.

None of which explains why my companions will just stand there after killing 1 mob and does nothing while Im still fighting. This is a recent event since 3.0 and it happens too often. Or why too often my companion doesnt follow me when Im on foot.

There used to be an issue that if a pet was out (pet, not companion) that the healing companion would sometimes stop healing. I am going off of memory so I may be mistaken.

Edited by AndasKastor

There is already a solution for this. Shower your companion today with lovely gifts that can be found within Cartel Market Packs ! On sale now! Nothing motivates a healer quite like a plate of military rations or an assassin droid's target history.

There is already a solution for this. Shower your companion today with lovely gifts that can be found within Cartel Market Packs ! On sale now! Nothing motivates a healer quite like a plate of military rations or an assassin droid's target history.

Actually, Quinn and Elara both like Military Rations (that I can recall ATM).