Focus or Shield Generator

The_Anf

wow I have never done that... thank you

ok so

Tanks should you shield gens

DPS shoudl you focuses

Exactly. Even if wearing DPS gear, Tank specced characters should still use shield generators as many tank lines have abilities that trigger off shielding an attack.

And unless gearing for defense (for some reason), the 20% chance to absorb 5% damage on Force/Tech attacks is fairly meaningless for the DPSer and they should not be sacrificing the Force/Tech power boost for it.

Unrelated Question.

My Jedi Guardian is 59 (I started at pre-launch played for like 2 months and quit until a month ago) I'm currently spec Vigiliance ...is it too late to switch to a tank spec? My thought was once I hit 60 and go to Riishi (I haven't done anything in SoR yet except FA) I would have around 500 basic comms...I'm not sure if that is enough to buy a full set of good gear but if I used them on Tank gear then re-spec'd would that be ok?

Unrelated Question.

My Jedi Guardian is 59 (I started at pre-launch played for like 2 months and quit until a month ago) I'm currently spec Vigiliance ...is it too late to switch to a tank spec? My thought was once I hit 60 and go to Riishi (I haven't done anything in SoR yet except FA) I would have around 500 basic comms...I'm not sure if that is enough to buy a full set of good gear but if I used them on Tank gear then re-spec'd would that be ok?

Never too late to switch specs, but it will take take to learn tanking on a Guardian. At least at 59-60 you have every tool you need tank well. I would play around with Defense now and see if you like it. If not, then buy DPS gear at 60. You will need just over 1000 basics to get a full set of gear at 186 level, so keep that in mind

Is there a a way to know what # of each stat is ideal for a guardian tank or dps

aka

like how much Endurance do I need, asbsorbtion, etc etc

So I know how to prioritize gear, up until now I have always just got the piece with the most main stat and after that power.

Is there a a way to know what # of each stat is ideal for a guardian tank or dps

aka

So I know how to prioritize gear, up until now I have always just got the piece with the most main stat and after that power.

Well, if you're Vengeance/Vigilance spec, then I'd suggest reading the very thoroughly written out 3.0 Vengeance post on this forum. It has a whole section on gearing as well.

Here's the link for it: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=781482

aka

Keyboardninja wrote the following, and it's very useful: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=616779