Do stuns cause STDs?

DeLaaNie

Honestly, what the hell kind of groups are you all running with? Not the high and mighty, OP, because I doubt anyone like that will ever be satisfied with their group regardless of the circumstance. But seriously, even when I'm tanking for a PUG hardmode FP the group either falls into the "Facerolling Content Like It Is 20 Levels Below Us" category or the "The Pointy End Of My Gun Keeps Shooting Me In The Face Hur Hur Hur" category. In the first case, feel free to stun and CC away the day, but in the end it's not really doing anything. In the second case, no amount of CC in the universe is going to help.

Outside of Ops, PvP, and Soloing, CC is incredibly situational and only rarely makes or breaks a run.

I'd assume so, since we all know that in PvP they cause STD's...also known as Stunned Til Dead...

+1

Yea I think theres two VERY different topics here... stuns (NOT CCs), in my experience, are pretty worthless in PvE... They can be helpful but more often than not, it's easier to just kill them... CCs/Mez are a different story and can be very very helpful in clearing trash in PvE environments..

Now in PvP, obviously any stun, slow, root, CC, mez, *** ever you wanna call it... are ESSENTIAL! They make or break a team easily.. I've had WZs where I run around the entire time with maybe a slow here or there and rarely a stun... I usually don't die and usually my team will win.. On the other hand, i've had WZs where I have been hit hard with stuns and been incapacitated literally from 100% to 0% without any abilities available except rebuke (sent utility...) When that happens, I pretty much expect a loss.

I usually take stuns off my keybinds when i'm doing PvE because they just aren't that useful in MOST cases (NOT all.. just most..).

I feel bad using them on an opponent, but I know that this game is pretty much "stun or be stunned" in the "kill or be killed" sense. I try to not use them unless I feel it is necessary to win a fight. If I know that a dude is at half health and has virtually no chance of beating me, I'm not going to rub salt in the would by using a stun and taking away their ability to fight back. Edited by teclado

I laughed, then I was sad because of the sheer amount of those I encounter in every single MMO I have ever played....

A bit off topic, but on the DA:I forums, there were complaints about companion AI. They'd stand in stupid, blow cooldowns too early, run into melee range when shooting arrows, etc. etc.

Then someone else pointed out that the AI programming was actually brilliant -- it accurately mimicks a pug. :D

A bit off topic, but on the DA:I forums, there were complaints about companion AI. They'd stand in stupid, blow cooldowns too early, run into melee range when shooting arrows, etc. etc.

Then someone else pointed out that the AI programming was actually brilliant -- it accurately mimicks a pug. :D

That is scary. Best companions/heros in my book were Guild Wars. You could set when they would use their skills. Unlike a pug you had no AFKs or people leave in the middle of a mission.

I agree, I rarely see people use stuns and even interrupts as much as they should. It also amazes me how people consider stealth CCs and combat CCs as slowing them down somehow. It is widely known that the proper use of CCs and concentrated DPS on one target is much faster for the whole fight. My stealth classes are practiced in this yet unable to bring this skill to the fight. Even after they wipe on trash mobs they still don't understand how removing and distributing the load makes a world of difference, flows better and lowers repair bills so you can actually make some cash on the run.

And tanks, if people are dropping AoE on CCs you need to kick them, they will quickly learn not to do that.

Edited by DyreMaker