Jedi Sage Force Quake broken?!?!

GavinPatterson

I suspect it's an artifact of the change they made to the channeled abilities.

While it doesn't actually impact the effect of the ability (as long as you don't abort it in the silence), it is very disconcerting to not be getting audio/visual feedback from it.

Since other channeled abilities still work as before, I can only assume one of two things:

1) It's a bug that they'll eventually fix, or

2) The nature of the way the animation works forced this change and it may never come back.

OH YOU.

Looked into this and, while we are aware of the issue, there's no ETA for a fix at this time. But it IS definitely a bug.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS...!!! :eek:

* goes wild, dancing *

EDIT:

Mandatory "thank you" for the fast response.

And I'm not being ironic, mind you. :p

Edited by Darth_Wicked

OH YOU.

Looked into this and, while we are aware of the issue, there's no ETA for a fix at this time. But it IS definitely a bug.

Given then, that it will be fixed at some point, I assume this will bring back the nauseating camera shake? Is there any possiblity at all of implementing an option to disable camera shake at the same time?

The camera shaking really makes me feel quite ill, and these past few weeks with this ability bugged have allowed me to really enjoy my sage. I know I'm not alone in this, but I also understand how people like or enjoy the camera shake, so I wouldn't ask for it not to return, but an option to disable camera shake in general would be wonderful.

That's excellent news!

Many eons ago, whilst still just a young Taris level Padawan Knight, a high level Sage came to my rescue against evil men. She used Forcequake.

I stood there in awe - and at that point decided that some day I too would have an equally awesome Sage. I now do, but she's not been happy with Forcequake being bugged.

Yay :D

Given then, that it will be fixed at some point, I assume this will bring back the nauseating camera shake? Is there any possiblity at all of implementing an option to disable camera shake at the same time?

The camera shaking really makes me feel quite ill, and these past few weeks with this ability bugged have allowed me to really enjoy my sage. I know I'm not alone in this, but I also understand how people like or enjoy the camera shake, so I wouldn't ask for it not to return, but an option to disable camera shake in general would be wonderful.

I could actually pvp and levelmy sage without getting motion sick for a little while too. This is the first time I've ever been able to enjoy my sage! Got her to 60 right away and been pvping with her all night long every night. Most fun I've had in ages.

All camera shakes should be OPTIONAL! I thought Bio finally took care of it but I guess that was asking for too much. I don't know why I thought they intentionally fixed it in hindsite... It was a terrible idea to begin with, but a terrible design choice a lot of companies make... because camera shaking is "cool" and "immersive" :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Force Quake makes me very motion sick and some of my guildies also. A huge chunk of the population overall suffers from motion sickness and is largely ignored by game makers. Not renewing my sub and this's just another reason to toss on the pile of reasons.

Ignoring your motion sick population costs a lot of $ for something that's an easy toggle to throw in the code.

Bio, don't be *that* game maker. Throw in a config option to shut off the meaningless, pointless camera shaking. It's cheap and nauseating.

Edited by siegeshot

SO much of this. Please!

All camera shakes should be OPTIONAL! I thought Bio finally took care of it but I guess that was asking for too much. I don't know why I thought they intentionally fixed it in hindsite... It was a terrible idea to begin with, but a terrible design choice a lot of companies make... because camera shaking is "cool" and "immersive" :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Force Quake makes me very motion sick and some of my guildies also. A huge chunk of the population overall suffers from motion sickness and is largely ignored by game makers. Not renewing my sub and this's just another reason to toss on the pile of reasons.

It's something I'm still surprised at to be honest, I think this is the first game that has such liberal use of camera shake without the option to disable it, not only that, but as an MMO with no community modifications/addons, there's no colour blind options, or well any accessability options at all.

I love this game, and I can look past most of its issues, but the camera shake is awful to deal with. I don't usually feel lill playing games, but it's a regular occurence with this game, and it stops me from playing it as much as I'd like to.

If the ability makes you sick or queasy (I mean, really?), then go play something else. Why you would sit and choose to make yourself uncomfortable is beyond me. Not only that, but there are times within the game where the camera itself shakes as well for no apparent reason, so don't act as though it is always due to a Sage.

If the ability makes you sick or queasy (I mean, really?), then go play something else. Why you would sit and choose to make yourself uncomfortable is beyond me. Not only that, but there are times within the game where the camera itself shakes as well for no apparent reason, so don't act as though it is always due to a Sage.

It's not at all that it's exclusive to the Sage, there are indeed many other areas it shakes, and for the most part it's only a second or two, it's not a huge deal, at least for me. However, the Underlurker fight is awful for it. Forcequake was the primary issue though before, and playing one or playing with one would quickly become too much to handle.

I'm not sure why you're being so hostile, I don't think anyone here is asking that they keep the animation as it currently is, it would just be nice to have the option to disable camera shaking globally. As for why I would choose to do so, I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but this is the only Star Wars MMO that exists currently, and I'm not even sure if there are any other Star Wars RPGs like this that are out on PC that I've not already completed several times over.

You would really prefer that people who want to play this game, and enjoy it, just leave simply because you don't want to give people options? That doesn't make any sense to me.

, I don't think anyone here is asking that they keep the animation as it currently is, it would just be nice to have the option to disable camera shaking globally..

Uuuh yeah there is me. Me. I certainly hope they fig forcequake properly and don't just put the sound back.

Uuuh yeah there is me. Me. I certainly hope they fig forcequake properly and don't just put the sound back.

Reread what I wrote, I said there isn't anyone asking for it to stay as it currently is. Meaning that it is currently broken and nothing happens - I'm saying no one is saying they want it to stay like that. By which I mean, no one is saying they do not want it to be fixed.

I was saying that no one wants it to remain broken, but with it being fixed, it would also be nice to add an option to disable the camera shake globally so that when it does get fixed, the people that prefer not to have their screens a vibrating, nausea inducing mess, can disable that, but that's a personal graphical option, not something that means it has to be that way for everyone. Many other games have this option, every other MMO I've played has this option, even, it's not an obscure or odd option to have, just as colour blind options aren't either, but that's a discussion for another time.

They'll fix it. :D

Trying to stem the tide, considering those who take an issue with a bug being fixed. :p

I have no issue with it being fixed - I want it to be fixed, I like the sound effect, I just also want an option in the preferences menu to disable camera shakes. Best of both worlds, no? Those who want to have their camera looking like its attached to a vibrator can do so, and those that don't like that can choose to turn it off. It's an option in most games that feature such excessive camera shaking.

I have no issue with it being fixed - I want it to be fixed, I like the sound effect, I just also want an option in the preferences menu to disable camera shakes. Best of both worlds, no? Those who want to have their camera looking like its attached to a vibrator can do so, and those that don't like that can choose to turn it off. It's an option in most games that feature such excessive camera shaking.

I just find it odd that prior to this bug, I honestly can't remember anyone, in-game, ever taking issue with the screen shaking.

First time I hear of this really.

Also, if it were something simple to introduce, it is likely they'd have done it so a while back.

Edited by Darth_Wicked