PvP Flagging on PvE Servers

Foambreaker

Every few weeks someone is complaining about this.

Why not just spin up separate instances for PvP and PvE on the same server.

If you flag, you go to the PvP instance, otherwise you go to a PvE instance.

It would be win win, adding OW to PvE servers and ending blue flagging (the term used to describe a blue player attacking a flagged player)

Edited by Foambreaker

Every few weeks someone is complaining about this.

Why not just spin up separate instances for PvP and PvE on the same server.

If you flag, you go to the PvP instance, otherwise you go to a PvE instance.

It would be win win, adding OW to PvE servers and ending blue flagging (the term used to describe a blue player attacking a flagged player)

I love this suggestion...I think this is seriously the best idea for this game going forward. WZ, GSF and GF queues queues would pull from the entire pool of players...only difference would be in the OW environments. Win-win!!!!

Or they could just remove the entire thing. If you want to PvP, go to a PvP server. I never understood the point of such a mechanism. I've played on PvP servers since... well forever so it's not something that really affects me and on PvE servers I've never never been accidentally flagged.

Remove flagging, make quest NPC's in bases unkillable and be done with this. It's an endless headache for everyone involved.

I imagine the PvP instance would be virtually empty.

Depends...if you allow people to choose based on what they're doing at the time, I think you might be right. If you make people commit at the start of the week (Tuesday) and live with it for the week, maybe not.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was a part of their plan for the coming server changes. It's a really efficient way of keeping the PVE and PVP players separate while not having to keep separate servers.

I support this.

As long as they upgrade the hardware and not just make more instances on the same old hardware... It can hardly cope as it is with the influx of people after 3.0...

Although, new, more powerful hardware and a super server for each region would with the instances the way the OP suggests would be a good solution to for all server queues

I imagine the PvP instance would be virtually empty.

Then it wouldn't be open, and since it is the same implementation as a PvP server instance it doesn't matter. It is just a kind of VM.

Also since they could use it as a way to combine servers it might improve populations in endgame zones. The mid zones will always be a wasteland.

Remove flagging, make quest NPC's in bases unkillable and be done with this. It's an endless headache for everyone involved.

Essentially that is the gist of the suggestion. Only instead of transferring everyone, the people who want to flag go to a new instance.

We Agree! :D

Depends...if you allow people to choose based on what they're doing at the time, I think you might be right. If you make people commit at the start of the week (Tuesday) and live with it for the week, maybe not.

Do we care if people can just "flag zone" in? I'd hate to limit spur of the moment fighting.

Once in though, I think they have to stay for a while :rak_04:

Or they could just remove the entire thing. If you want to PvP, go to a PvP server. I never understood the point of such a mechanism. I've played on PvP servers since... well forever so it's not something that really affects me and on PvE servers I've never never been accidentally flagged.

I think that would be entirely an over reaction. Honestly, there have been alot of times some really cool spur of the moment pvp battles have happened. Instead of coming on the forum and QQ about it, maybe call for help in general chat. You would be surprised how many would respond and gank the gankers.