Is SoR a joke?

Jandi

And what is the rest of it? How do you define "actual questing?"

From the moment you get the call to go bring Talos Drellik to the meeting, to having the meeting, to visiting each of the towers, killing any mobs along the way, to returning and turning in the quest in.

It takes about 5 minutes.

Edited by Khevar

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL... Oh look everybody! It's a cry thread. Let's all get in here, and bump this PoS thread, so more can flock in to comfort the OP, and wipe away his tears. :rolleyes:

It's not a big deal. You came up a few levels short on your first try. I did too, but I was using a stealth class, unguilded with no exp buffs. I think I was like lvl 59-and-a-half by the time I finished Yavin.

There, there. Just do some dailies, or jump in a tactical, and you'll get there soon enough.

Oh dear.

Not a single person has comforted me in this thread, quite the opposite, and it's been rather amusing watching people not bothering to read literally anything past the OP.

It's even more amusing when it comes from people telling me I need to take my time, while they themselves can't be bothered to read for 5 minuites, and call me a "rusher" LOL

From the moment you get the call to go bring Talos Drellik to the meeting, to having the meeting, to visiting each of the towers, killing any mobs along the way, to returning and turning in the quest in.

It takes about 5 minutes.

I'll grant you it doesn't take a lot of time, but it takes more than 5 minutes. And as an aside, I thought it was so lame I'm not even sure I will do it on my Sorcerer after doing it on my Assassin.

it's been rather amusing watching people not bothering to read literally anything past the OP.

ad hominem

protip: disagreeing with you, and stating why =/= not bothering to read.

You can stomp your feet all you want.... but as you can see.. some players do not agree with you, some players do. Best you can hope for here is the appearance of a "draw".

And in closing.. if you really feel SoR is a joke.. then the joke is indeed on you. ;)

Edited by Andryah

ad hominem

protip: disagreeing with you, and stating why =/= not bothering to read.

You can stomp your feet all you want.... but as you can see.. some players do not agree with you, some players do. Best you can hope for here is the appearance of a "draw".

And in closing.. if you really feel SoR is a joke.. then the joke is indeed on you. ;)

Ad hominem? So repeating the same "do forged alliance" 10 times within this thread means these people read it? Fascinating.

There isn't enough content/xp in SoR to reach 60 WITHOUT repeating new dailies, doing old dailies

And again, so ... what? If it torques you off so badly that, with a post-FA character, you couldn't get from 55 to 60 doing just the SoR content, then cancel your subscription.

Otherwise, you're simply impotently venting. But if doing that makes you feel better, go ahead.

Yea Ive had no issue hitting 60 on 6 toons so far... the prelude FPs plus rishi and im done.. don't even have to finish rishi... My first toon I went straight to rishi, then yavin, and was about 1 bubble from 60 when I finished... like 100k xp or something.

Maybe you didn't have legacy boosts purchased, or an XP boost running, or the guild xp boost, and be a sub?

I'll grant you it doesn't take a lot of time, but it takes more than 5 minutes. And as an aside, I thought it was so lame I'm not even sure I will do it on my Sorcerer after doing it on my Assassin.

I know what you mean. I liked the Trooper and Consular one, but the Inquisitor one was very unimpressive.

I'm coming up on the Smuggler one next (fingers crossed)

Edited by Khevar

Yea Ive had no issue hitting 60 on 6 toons so far... the prelude FPs plus rishi and im done.. don't even have to finish rishi... My first toon I went straight to rishi, then yavin, and was about 1 bubble from 60 when I finished... like 100k xp or something.

Maybe you didn't have legacy boosts purchased, or an XP boost running, or the guild xp boost, and be a sub?

For OP, that counts as "repeating content" because he'd already done them; also, for anyone who already did them before SoR release, the solo modes on the FA FPs were not available.

Yea Ive had no issue hitting 60 on 6 toons so far... the prelude FPs

Are you at this point intentionally ignoring the fact that he has posted multiple times that he's referring to characters who did FA pre 3.0?

For my characters I did FA with pre 3.0, like the OP, I had to do some Oricon stuff and repeat some SoR dailies to get them to 60. The others got to 60 doing FA and before leaving Rishi.

My question, to the OP, is "So what?"

Edited by branmakmuffin

Are you at this point intentionally ignoring the fact that he has posted multiple times that he's referring to characters who did FA pre 3.0?

Are you ignoring the fact that I also said that I did it without them??

First toon, I ran rishi, then yavin.. ended about 100k xp from 60..............

Perhaps it wasn't clear enough... So, my first toon from 55 to 60 had already done FA story... I board ship, I click thing, i hit rishi, i go to yavin, im done.... I killed mobs for like 10-15 min after I finished the storyline to hit 60 (actually this was when revan was bugged thinking back.. so if i had been able to complete that i probably would have been 60 from it..)

Edited by GopherLuV

Are you ignoring the fact that I also said that I did it without them??

First toon, I ran rishi, then yavin.. ended about 100k xp from 60..............

The OP is correct. If you use a character that did FA pre 3.0, and the character is in a +10% guild and you use XP boosters, you will not be close to 60 after doing just the SoR stuff (doing the dailies only once). Unlike the OP, I don't happen to think this is anything to get bent up about.

I know what you mean. I liked the Trooper and Consular one, but the Inquisitor one was very unimpressive.

I'm coming up on the Smuggler one next (fingers crossed)

I've only done my BH, as I'm told that the intros for the other Imperial classes are broken.

The BH mission, whatever else one thinks, was worth it for the following comment:

"Stars, you're like a walkin... does anything you're wearin not kill people?"

Hmm i'm not sure whats up then, because I had no issue hitting 60 with just storyline, it was anywhere NEAR a whole level worth... I was about one bubble (whether that be 100k-200k IDK..) when I ended the storyline (at the Revan fight..) so i went and killed mobs while I farmed mats.. hit 60 in a few minutes... I had all the boosts like I said.. rest xp ran out towards the end..

Don't know... just putting my two cents in that I had no issues hitting 60 on the SoR content ONLY (although I do think the FA solo FPs are one of the fastest ways to get XP).

And again, so ... what? If it torques you off so badly that, with a post-FA character, you couldn't get from 55 to 60 doing just the SoR content, then cancel your subscription.

Otherwise, you're simply impotently venting. But if doing that makes you feel better, go ahead.

Ok, listen, just because I made a complaint about it doesn't mean that I'm angry or raging. I made the thread because in *my* opinion it's bad pacing design. If you don't agree with me, FINE, but do not come and *********** tell me to do FA quests lolol.

I mean, look at the replies in the past page alone? You're surprised that I get annoyed at these people? This was explained on page 2. PAGE TWO.

I don't want to be picky here, but what's preventing anyone from doing the FA flashpoints again in a group if they've already done them before 3.0?

Sure, you can't solo them, but you can still run through them with a group and get the same xp...

They are greyed out once oyu hit 56. So, no, you can't.

Ok, listen, just because I made a complaint about it doesn't mean that I'm angry or raging.

Then what does it mean? Does it mean you are anxiously awaiting the advent of time travel?

I don't want to be picky here, but what's preventing anyone from doing the FA flashpoints again in a group if they've already done them before 3.0?

Sure, you can't solo them, but you can still run through them with a group and get the same xp...

Nothing, which is what your point has to do with the OP's point.

Edited by branmakmuffin

Apparently I can play better than you, since I don't need to clear the entire planet just to click on things like you apparently.

Apparently I can play better than you since I hit 60 in Blood Hunt on my Merc... Perhaps you are doing something wrong?

Then what does it mean? Does it mean you are anxiously awaiting the advent of time travel?

It means that I want BW to be aware that this is stupid. If no one ever says anything, nothing ever changes. It wasn't as bad on Makeb, but if you didn't do the macro/seeker missions along the way you were screwed.

With this many replies and views, you can bet your behind someone in their camp is taking notice.

Apparently I can play better than you since I hit 60 in Blood Hunt on my Merc... Perhaps you are doing something wrong?

I can hit 60 with any toon without ever even setting foot on Rishi, what's your point? That you're a bad player? Ok, cool.

Edited by Jandi

It means that I want BW to be aware that this is stupid. If no one ever says anything, nothing ever changes. It wasn't as bad on Makeb, but if you didn't do the macro/seeker missions along the way you were screwed.

With this many replies and views, you can bet your behind someone in their camp is taking notice.

It's prolly being ignored.

Ok, listen, just because I made a complaint about it doesn't mean that I'm angry or raging. I made the thread because in *my* opinion it's bad pacing design. If you don't agree with me, FINE, but do not come and *********** tell me to do FA quests lolol.

I mean, look at the replies in the past page alone? You're surprised that I get annoyed at these people? This was explained on page 2. PAGE TWO.

Then why bother explaining yourself over and over? After the first few started to repeat previous comments I figured it wouldn't be long till the thread degenerated into a repeatfest anyway, hell we're nearly at 30 pages on this lol

I think folk are thinking you are angry and raging because that's how your writing is coming across, hindrance of a the written word I guess

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.