My scoundrel always logs in in weapon drawn mode but without the gun

khsolo

SInce 3.0, before that when i logged in he was like all other toons, standstill no weapons drawn but now everytime i login hes weapons drawn but no weapon, have to press "z" to make him go to normal mode Edited by khsolo

Yes its called pugnacity

As I pointed out in another thread a few days ago, that combo appears to be the "winning" combo -- you can take Pugnacity in other specs and you won't get the bug, and if you get rid of Pugnacity on your Scrapper, the bug will go away. I'm not suggesting not to use it, just that because it's that specific is probably why it's not a bigger issue.

As I pointed out in another thread a few days ago, that combo appears to be the "winning" combo -- you can take Pugnacity in other specs and you won't get the bug, and if you get rid of Pugnacity on your Scrapper, the bug will go away. I'm not suggesting not to use it, just that because it's that specific is probably why it's not a bigger issue.

Pls point me to that thread, ty

Interesting, but unfortunately not 100% correct. My Concealment Operative (the bug being tied to Concealment/Scrapper Disciplines seems to be true so far) has Imperial Tactics and Augmented shields as Heroic utilities, and still gets the bug.

Also for clarity: Pugnacity = Stim Boost. Name of the Heroic Utility is "Surprise Comeback" (Revitalizers).

Interesting, but unfortunately not 100% correct. My Concealment Operative (the bug being tied to Concealment/Scrapper Disciplines seems to be true so far) has Imperial Tactics and Augmented shields as Heroic utilities, and still gets the bug.

Also for clarity: Pugnacity = Stim Boost. Name of the Heroic Utility is "Surprise Comeback" (Revitalizers).

Agreed, I as well use Augmented shields and I get the bug. I did some testing as well and I get the bug as soon as I spec Scrapper/Concealment regardless of utilities (even if I select no utilities at all).

Agreed, I as well use Augmented shields and I get the bug. I did some testing as well and I get the bug as soon as I spec Scrapper/Concealment regardless of utilities (even if I select no utilities at all).

I definitely do not have the problem specced as Concealment with no Utilities chosen. I didn't test every combination, but I added my usual Utilities in one and a time none of them triggered the bug until I added in Revitalizers. I then cleared my utilities and chose the same other six, picking a random one instead of Revitalizers -- no bug. I then cleared again and rechose (with Revitalizers) and I got the bug. I tried both Medicine and Lethality with the same Utilities (including Revitalizers) and they didn't bug.

I didn't test every combination, so i'm not saying it can't happen other ways, just that when I choose 7 abilities (including Revitalizers) I get the bug, and when I choose same six but replace Revitalizers with something else, I don't get the bug. And the same seven (including Revitalizers) doesn't trigger the bug with the other specs.

As for Scoundrel terms, I said I don't know them. One of the previous posters said that's what Revitalizers was, so I just used what he said in my reply to him.

I definitely do not have the problem specced as Concealment with no Utilities chosen. I didn't test every combination, but I added my usual Utilities in one and a time none of them triggered the bug until I added in Revitalizers. I then cleared my utilities and chose the same other six, picking a random one instead of Revitalizers -- no bug. I then cleared again and rechose (with Revitalizers) and I got the bug. I tried both Medicine and Lethality with the same Utilities (including Revitalizers) and they didn't bug.

I have no idea why it's different on your character.

Here you can see I just logged with no utilities chosen and my character is in his fighting stance without weapon.

Come to notice, my level 19 Operative specced as Concealment doesn't get the bug. My level 36 Scoundrel does.

Edit: Respecced my level 55 Operative to Concealment (without choosing utilties) and she gets the bug, too.

Edited by Sorei

I have no idea why it's different on your character.

Here you can see I just logged with no utilities chosen and my character is in his fighting stance without weapon.

Come to notice, my level 19 Operative specced as Concealment doesn't get the bug. My level 36 Scoundrel does.

Edit: Respecced my level 55 Operative to Concealment (without choosing utilties) and she gets the bug, too.

I did some more testing, and I was able to get the bug without having any utilities chosen, and I was able to get loads without the bug once with Revitalizers or the Utilities with which you experienced bugs. So I'm pretty sure it's not the Utilities, and that it is a timing issue (still only for Concealment), which is why it happens some times and not others.

Anyway, I posted more details in the previous thread (which I linked to earlier in this thread).

It's not tied to a particular Utility. Both my Op and Scoundrel have done this since 3.0 dropped, before either had a chance to choose a Discipline or slot a single Utility. They both do it to this day, no matter what combination of Disciplines/Utilities I choose.

It's annoying too, so I'd love a fix. I'm not holding my breath though considering the sheer volume of bugs introduced with 3.0.

PS: Yuun is still bugged after 2+ years. How's that "we are working on a fix" coming?

• 1 year later...