jugs/guards doing more damage than sents/maras now?

TwistedTony

Ok so with guardians now getting a 20% damage boost to their weapon damage from single Saber mastery, plus with shein form having an overall 9 percent damage boost and juyo form getting nerfed, and dual wield mastery no longer available for watchmen it seems like there is no advantage whatsoever to pick up another lightsaber and roll a sentinel/marauder. Are juggernauts/guardians the better dps class now?

What you mean by bloodthursters?

Marauders have a Raid Buff called Bloodthirst that boosts all Damage and Healing by 15% for 15 seconds with a 300s CD (5 Minutes for the un-educated) and it's literally the only reason to even consider having a Mara in your Raid Team or PvP team, it doesnt even work in Arena's though so that kinda devalues maras even MORE.

Marauders have a Raid Buff called Bloodthirst that boosts all Damage and Healing by 15% for 15 seconds with a 300s CD (5 Minutes for the un-educated) and it's literally the only reason to even consider having a Mara in your Raid Team or PvP team, it doesnt even work in Arena's though so that kinda devalues maras even MORE.

I mean I remember when marauders was mandatory if you wanted to be top melee dps. Now it's like... two sabers is more of a style of play, than a symbol of superiority. I guess that's howthe devs want it now?

I don't fully agree on ..

Pure damage-wise, carnage and annihilation is better than juggs.. much better infact.. but considering pvp, juggs are much better for couple of reasons..

1st: and most important is that people avoid focusing on juggs and leave them alone in arenas for example.. so most of the time they are running around dpsing freely without any interruption..

2nd: is their defensive cds are simply awesome.. they have the best defensive cds I have ever seen in any game and devs are still keep buffing them.. while nerfing maras at almost every patch.. since 2.3 i think.

3rd: immunity to interrupts upon leap/charge and immunity to movement impairing effects + 50% movement speed increase through Endure Pain (assuming they have taken the utility).. This is just nonsense..

4th: they have force push - which is very good for controlling targets... Don't let the name fool you.. it is not just a push. it actually incapacitates you when you land as well..

I am sure I'm missing out many other things they have. but If I keep writing I will start crying.. :p

I don't fully agree on ..

Pure damage-wise, carnage and annihilation is better than juggs.. much better infact.. but considering pvp, juggs are much better for couple of reasons..

Carnage spec doesn't do more damage than juggernauts do. Carnage actually parses very low right now. Annihilation spec parses slightly higher than vengeance spec, but annihilation spec is much squishier than vengeance spec.

Edited by TheCourier-

Ok so with guardians now getting a 20% damage boost to their weapon damage from single Saber mastery, plus with shein form having an overall 9 percent damage boost and juyo form getting nerfed, and dual wield mastery no longer available for watchmen it seems like there is no advantage whatsoever to pick up another lightsaber and roll a sentinel/marauder. Are juggernauts/guardians the better dps class now?

Yeah, it's pretty pathetic. Eventually we will be buffed, but when is anyone's guess--probably not soon enough and probably not enough.

In Pve Jugg and Maras do about the same dps. But the Mara has bloodthirst while the juggernaut has nothing. Its only natural that the juggernauts where buffed bc they were useless in progression raids before 3.0. Even now I'd rather take a mara who maybe does 100dps less but has bloodthirst than a juggernaut. Thats however only for pve.

Eh??? You do know that the 20% weapon damage increase is the same as dual wielding??

Your offhand adds 30% of the damage your mainhand does (which is a rather small part of a melee/ranged attack damage) but have 30% chance to miss. 0.3*0.7 = 0.21 = 21% weapon damage increase in average.

Better than Juggs 20% weapon damage increase, isn't??

Eh??? You do know that the 20% weapon damage increase is the same as dual wielding??

Your offhand adds 30% of the damage your mainhand does (which is a rather small part of a melee/ranged attack damage) but have 30% chance to miss. 0.3*0.7 = 0.21 = 21% weapon damage increase in average.

Better than Juggs 20% weapon damage increase, isn't??

Is that with or without dual wield mastery?

In raids... we have a sent and Guardian. Granted, he's one of the better Guardians in the game but pre-3.0 we were always neck and neck with each other. Since 3.0, me having better gear... he's typically about 2-300 DPS ahead of me (occasionally I can close the gap but not by much). And I know a lot of that has to do with the idea that the Operations favors his class abilities more, but it definitely shows the in-balance that was created since 3.0 in my opinion.