Lightsaber class that has the coolest animations?

Vigilark

The Sith Juggernaut has FAR better animations than the Jedi Guardian does. The Guardians look like they're running around with a baseball bat, whereas Juggernauts look like they are holding a LIGHTsaber. I have never been able to roll a Guardian because by the time I pick my advanced class, I'm sick of the single saber animations.

I haven't played a guardian yet, but man, sents are like you described. I have a lvl 10 Sith Jug, and I'm like, wow, so much better than my sent.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sith Juggernaut Vengeance hands down. If anyone else say different they are wrong.

Cool. That's what I've recently rolled. Story is WAY better than the other characters I've played on republic side too. Shame. I wanted to be on the republic side. No disrespect to anyone that disagrees. Just my opinion. More power to ya if you like the republic stories. I wish I did.

Sage (Seer) -- has a lot of lovely glowy animations and looks very graceful, but may as well be holding a bouquet of flowers for all the good her lightsaber seems to do.

I was wondering too, but then someone said: "Consulars use the lightsabres as a wand." And that's what it is.

I am a simple soul, I prefer Marauder's animations. I am yet to play a Guardian, but I watched one's rear end from Tython to Corellia....

Juggernauts and Marauders are pretty good. Guardians and Sentinels have too much pointless weeaboo reverse grip nonsense in their animations for me to ever enjoy playing them.

pointless weeaboo reverse grip nonsense? okay A. i dont think you know what weeaboo means and B. what do you have against a shien style grip?

The Sith Juggernaut has FAR better animations than the Jedi Guardian does. The Guardians look like they're running around with a baseball bat, whereas Juggernauts look like they are holding a LIGHTsaber. I have never been able to roll a Guardian because by the time I pick my advanced class, I'm sick of the single saber animations.

The single saber animation grew on me. I didn't like it at first (same baseball reason as you) but it works really well with some of the guardian animations.

ok i will bite , what makes it a suicide staff? curiosity purely

If he has Clairvoyant Strike in mind, or Maul's throw in Battlefront II, then I can understand why he'd call this a suicide staff.

These move are suicidal, and completely unnatural even considering the Force, I just can't get why so many people like these "techniques"...

Edited by Altheran

Well umm how often do you see a Jedi/Sith constantly wield a saber with one hand? Honestly You'd think the Sith would love wielding with 2 handed as it means more power...you just lose power wielding with one hand and if you aren't going to 2 hand it may as well use a second saber.

That aside personally I really like the Guardian animations...they feel like they have actual animations and skill to them where as imo the Juggernaut is nothing but smashing their saber into things.

The new animations have added a little something new to Juggernauts but even in this case I like the Guardian animations better.

i do hate the way the guardian runs with the saber though. I feel that jedi are kinda nimble even the tanks. They just look silly holding like a bat

ok i will bite , what makes it a suicide staff? curiosity purely

This argument goes back to episode one, but basically the whole concept of that lightsaber makes no sense. Not even hollywood sense. It's wielded like an actual staff, but anyone who has studied staff-fighting can tell you that you'd kill or maim yourself really quickly by doing so due to using parts of your body as pivot points.

This argument goes back to episode one, but basically the whole concept of that lightsaber makes no sense. Not even hollywood sense. It's wielded like an actual staff, but anyone who has studied staff-fighting can tell you that you'd kill or maim yourself really quickly by doing so due to using parts of your body as pivot points.

that's what I figured, no lightsaber would be exactly safe, but I think we are underestimating the power of the force, never underestimate the force...... I do think it could easily be used in combat effectively, although I agree it shouldn't be designed/modeled after a staff, there are double bladed swords in many cultures those in use would do well. I have always wanted option to turn one side off, get on this BW I may play my sin again xD

that's what I figured, no lightsaber would be exactly safe, but I think we are underestimating the power of the force, never underestimate the force...... I do think it could easily be used in combat effectively, although I agree it shouldn't be designed/modeled after a staff, there are double bladed swords in many cultures those in use would do well. I have always wanted option to turn one side off, get on this BW I may play my sin again xD

I imagine the force plays a role in it, but it can't be that big of a role. Mainly because it stands to reason that force users would have developed entirely unique ways of fighting that took advantage of the force, rather than basic (if sometimes flashy) swordfighting with force abilities thrown in the mix.

Of course, back in EP 4-6, lightsaber duals were mostly there for character development and exposition, with long periods of contact.

I imagine the force plays a role in it, but it can't be that big of a role. Mainly because it stands to reason that force users would have developed entirely unique ways of fighting that took advantage of the force, rather than basic (if sometimes flashy) swordfighting with force abilities thrown in the mix.

Well, we're talking about beings able to do a somersault over a person, able to reflect shots drawn behind their back, able to fight like a tornado despite suffering hundreds years of rheumatisms...

I think we can safely say that most of them probably get past the point where they're only using fancy moves and Force powers alternatively.

Well, we're talking about beings able to do a somersault over a person, able to reflect shots drawn behind their back, able to fight like a tornado despite suffering hundreds years of rheumatisms...

I think we can safely say that most of them probably get past the point where they're only using fancy moves and Force powers alternatively.

And all of those things have nothing to do with the lightsaber itself. They could be wielding a stick coated in something that reflects blaster bolts, and be doing the same stuff. Yoda with a training saber could probably defeat most jedi.

My point is that if the force was a major aspect of lightsaber combat, they would have developed actual fighting methods that take advantage of the fact. Instead, the force just makes the fighter better at fighting, and able to perceive and react more effectively.

Edited by discosoc

And all of those things have nothing to do with the lightsaber itself. They could be wielding a stick coated in something that reflects blaster bolts, and be doing the same stuff. Yoda with a training saber could probably defeat most jedi.

Since when it was about the lightsabers themselves ? You were speaking about how they fight, I speak about how they fight, I don't the the problem.

I just said that they already shown how they can enhance their movement and perception... It wouldn't be surprising for most of their moves to not be completely natural.

I mean, earlier you mentioned how staff fighting would be dangerous to one self. How would it be surprising that thanks to the Force one would be able to perform moves, that doesn't endanger him, while actually being too difficult/straining to perform if it were in real life...

...especially when looking at Yoda who goes from a state of "Old fart" to "Slashing tornado" ?

My point is that if the force was a major aspect of lightsaber combat, they would have developed actual fighting methods that take advantage of the fact. Instead, the force just makes the fighter better at fighting, and able to perceive and react more effectively.

Yoda. Ataru form.

The Ataru form, used by Yoda, is based on acrobatics. This style is unnatural for the lambda fighter, and used the extreme way as Yoda did... let's face it, it's plainly unachievable by normal means.

Edited by Altheran

Fairly certain the Force plays a pivotal role in Lightsaber combat, hence why you don't see a lot of non Force users wielding a Lightsaber, cause they'd likely get themselves killed.

It looks fine in battle, but drives me nuts when the character is running!

I will agree that it does look ridiculous when they are running, maybe if there was a bit more... movement of the upper body while running that way it wouldn't look so bad, but the static stillness makes it look bad. I wish we could choose what way we hold the Lightsabers. I do personally love the 2h grip (it's iconic of nearly every single bladed Lightsaber wielder in any form of Star Wars media. Heck, most of the Juggernauts abilities have him grab the Lightsaber with both hands anyway!), but I much prefer how the Warriors and Consulars / Inquisitors run with their sabers.

Edited by Darth-Rion

This is pretty much it.

You have a weapon that you can't use most of the advantages of because it's lethal/maiming to the touch along most of its length, and that still has all the drawbacks.

Something with the last foot or so on each end as a saber-blade might be much more useful, as you'd be able to change your grip, pivot the pole against yourself, etc.

How else would they hold it, considering the stances they use are generally two-handed?

its really just the running part. Maybe something more like the SW,

not exactly like a SW but similar, that one has the saber toward the back while he runs and its in one hand.

something to give that feel like im trying to move quickly, not this sideways run

i would love to see different stances but thats just wishful thinking lol.

pointless weeaboo reverse grip nonsense? okay A. i dont think you know what weeaboo means and B. what do you have against a shien style grip?

A) Sure I do. The Guardian and Sentinel both look like they're trying to do anime samurai moves.

B) It's dumb. It also leads to at least one move apiece that involves them purposefully turning their back to their target and stabbing blindly behind themselves.