Vanguard DPS 3.0 still missing the Storm ability???

wanyudan

With 3.0 I have seen a new and improved DPS on the Vanguard, however I don't understand why Storm ability is not part of the DPS class as all others have some form of fast approach to target (e.g. sentinels and guardians force leap, scoundrels have "Scamper").

With 3.0 I have seen a new and improved DPS on the Vanguard, however I don't understand why Storm ability is not part of the DPS class as all others have some form of fast approach to target (e.g. sentinels and guardians force leap, scoundrels have "Scamper").

Because being able to do a rotation from 15m and moving at 190% of your base speed, having a 40m grapple and one of the best burst in game isn't enough???? AP and Pyro can do almost all their rotation from 10m.. 15m with the right utilities.

Edited by Ryuku-sama

Grapple is a useless ability for a dps anyway (e.g. ops). Yes hold the line gives u some mobility but is nothing compared with the other abilities of the other melee dps classes. I think every dps class is very balanced at this moment.

If you are AP there isn't much point in getting into melee range except for a global here and there. You have grapple. You have hydraulic overrides and can get a ridiculous boost for it. Don't know what else you want. I'd trade leap for hydraulic overrides on my mara any day of the week. Edited by Saikochoro

Not trying to turn it into a Jedi knight (duh were did this came from???). what I am saying is it making sense that the storm ability to be available for the dps class as well (e.g. shadow tanks gave the force speed ability available for shadow DPS, guardian Tanks have force leap ability available for guardian dps).

Grapple is a useless ability for a dps anyway (e.g. ops). Yes hold the line gives u some mobility but is nothing compared with the other abilities of the other melee dps classes. I think every dps class is very balanced at this moment.

I like "some mobility." Please elaborate on W.T.F you think is superb mobility cuz all melee class, including knights, would dream of PTs current mobility and range options.

Edited by Ottoattack

We don`t need leap, nor would I trade Grapple for it

I like "some mobility." Please elaborate on W.T.F you think is superb mobility cuz all melee class, including knights, would dream of PTs current mobility and range options.

Well I`m sure marauders/sentinels are jealous, juggs/guardians never check out Through Power

Edited by iDraxter

Well if this mobility is sooooo great plz tell me how many Vanguard DPS u see in ops as I play this game since Beta and I have not seen to many ( this is my main melee DPS) all u see in the melee role is Sentinels and guardian DPS . I am saying that the Vanguard DPS is greatly improved in 3.0 however.....is not yet GREAT.

Well if this mobility is sooooo great plz tell me how many Vanguard DPS u see in ops as I play this game since Beta and I have not seen to many ( this is my main melee DPS) all u see in the melee role is Sentinels and guardian DPS . I am saying that the Vanguard DPS is greatly improved in 3.0 however.....is not yet GREAT.

Lol @ this. Do you know that the only 2 guilds that finished HM Temple of Sacrifice on 3.0 used 8 Bounty Hunters/Troopers, where 4 of them where Powertechs/Vanguards (because of the huge mobility form HtL)?

Edit: I'm sorry but if someone doesn't pick you as a dps maybe it's you and not the class. I'm doing 3.0 content and been doing NiM content on my PT DPS since NiM is out.

Edited by AAntan

Wow I was wonder when the HM or NIM examples will be presented as how great a class is. It blows my mind. Of course any class can do any ops, now I am lol at u serious :))??? Just because they had VG/ PT does not mean much it just shows that any class can complete an ops(having the right operator).they not follow the same pattern of having same abilities for closing the distance as on the Tank (Storm). U know commandos have hold the line and why would they need that when they ranged right. All I said that this class would be great with storm ability, and that it. I was surprised that it still did not got it after 3.0.

PS. I have no issues being selected for ops in any class.

LOL What??! Okay, history listen. Pre 2.0, PT was one of the highest parsing specs, and defiantly the highest parsing on fights require mobility. 2.0-2.7 was not good, and it was dps not mobility problem. 2.7-3.0 pyro was parsing withing 5% of highest parsing specs, and almost ahead of all ranged dps. As far as I have heard 3.0 so far is that both AP and pyro can parse 4.3K-4.5K with highest parser around 4.6K.

Mobility never was a problem in PvE and contrary to the popular belief, has no direct impact on dps (and all the whiners were never able to proof otherwise). With the current buff to mobility, PT should be within 10 meter of target within 1 GCD. If you are not you are doing it wrong. The problem aint the class. It is the user.

Edited by Ottoattack

Mobility never was a problem in PvE and contrary to the popular belief, has no direct impact on dps (and all the whiners were never able to proof otherwise). With the current buff to mobility, PT should be within 10 meter of target within 1 GCD. If you are not you are doing it wrong. The problem aint the class. It is the user.

Don't bother, every single person that asked for Storm either had no clue how balance works (they use the "It's fun" argument) or have no idea on how to perform with the class (thinking a leap will ramp up high the bad numbers they put out). This one is no different.

Edited by AAntan

I decided to stay out of this thread until now, because these threads always go the same way:

OP: "I'd like jet charge because its fun"

PvPers: "Yes, but then it would break PT/VG DPS, and we'd get nerfed. So no thanks"

Uneducated Simpleton: "Oh but how will I get in range to do things!"

Top level raiders: "You have 10+ meter range on all your good attacks. Try starting there.

Absolute Scrubs: "But VG DPS Sucks!"

Me: :rolleyes:

Anyway, back on topic, there is almost no competition to a VG DPS in Ops/Raids right now. The only reason there is is because of Assault Commandos breaking 5k dps in 186/192s mixes of gear, and thats mostly because they provide the Internal/Elemental + Ranged debuffs for Vanguards, debuffs they can't provide themself. And even with that, both Revan Killing HP Ops teams are still using 2 Vanguards, despite the fact if Mercs were better, wouldn't they only bring 1 VG for the tech debuff and handle the rest with all the mercs?

OP: "I'd like jet charge because its fun"

PvPers: "Yes, but then it would break PT/VG DPS, and we'd get nerfed. So no thanks"

Uneducated Simpleton: "Oh but how will I get in range to do things!"

Top level raiders: "You have 10+ meter range on all your good attacks. Try starting there.

Absolute Scrubs: "But VG DPS Sucks!"

Me: :rolleyes:

This pretty much nailed it. Thanks for the laughs :)

Here ya go. Im saving the revan kill vids till more guilds kill it.I dont want to ruin the progression as it is a great fight!!

PVE Swtor Hard Mode Temple of Sacrifice The Unde…:

PVE Swtor Hard Mode Temple of Sacrifice Walkers:

PVE Swtor Hard Mode Temple of Sacrifice MALAPHAR …:

PVE Swtor Hard Mode Temple of Sacrifice Revanite …:

• 2 weeks later...
I'm still on the side of Storm/Jet Charge for ALL Powertechs and Grapple only for Tanks. Mainly because Hydraulic Overrides is "useful" but it doesnt deal damage like Jet Charge, and it isnt an INSTANT get to my target. And It cant root people I go to for Huttball purposes (aka Root the ball carrier inside a Fire Trap and they die) The ONLY reason I dont play PvP PT DPS is because I cant use Jet Charge, if PT DPS had Jet Charge, I would play it in PvP. PvE, i dont have any problems with no Jet Charge, mainly because it's fluff damage in PvE, but in PvP I really hate not having it if i'm DPS.

I'm still on the side of Storm/Jet Charge for ALL Powertechs and Grapple only for Tanks. A tank would love to leap into a crowd of enemies to control/mess with them, for a DPS PT that would be suicide considering our survivability, our HO and 30 meter attacks suit us better then a leap(that ppl keep trying to push it in with BS reasoning just because they like the animation and not that we actually need it)

Mainly because Hydraulic Overrides is "useful" but it doesnt deal damage like Jet Charge, and it isnt an INSTANT get to my target.U want jet charge.....for dmg......I think we have enough attacks(you know those abilities that were meant to do dmg?)

And It cant root people I go to for Huttball purposes (aka Root the ball carrier inside a Fire Trap and they die)It`s true HO does not root people but u know what it can do that Jet charge can`t? be usable without needing a target, meaning if in said Huttball scenario all enemy team is chasing u(as ball carrier) ur leap is useless, but HO on the other hand give u more freedom of unrestricted movement. Also Grapple+stun is a better Fire trap kill because u can pull your target from any direction anytime you want as long as they are within range, rather then waiting for your target to be on the fire trap on his terms

The ONLY reason I dont play PvP PT DPS is because I cant use Jet Charge, if PT DPS had Jet Charge, I would play it in PvP. PvE,At this point you just gave up and said "I don`t know how to play this class but a cool animation leap would fix everything"

i dont have any problems with no Jet ChargeObviously u have a huge problem hence why you in every thread about Jet charge,

mainly because it's fluff damage in PvE, but in PvP I really hate not having it if i'm DPS.

It`s fluff dmg because it`s not ment to be used for dmg purposes in neither pvp or pve, that 1 global u spend to leap is a DPS loss, that 1 GCD could`ve been used for anything else,like Railshot, setting up a Thermal det or explosive dart, adding a dot(incendiary missile), heck even a Missile blast does more dmg that ur leap, you could be walking towards ur target doing any of that and u`d be better off dmg wise, or gasp pull the target in and let every teammate join the party rather then leaping into a crowd of enemies just to get urself instantly CC`ed and killed

Seriously mate everytime you post something about PT`s it just shows how you don`t know anything about the class but you like to pretend you do, you shame PT`s by spouting non-sense

Edited by iDraxter