The credit seller in game mails are getting worse and worse.

Icebergy

Many of these websites are hosted in places like China, where BioWare has either no legal recourse at all because China is quite unhelpful in that regard, or it would be prohibitively expensive to sue even if they did.

I'm sure BW could implement a system that bans an account once a certain number of spams reports have been logged..

I'm sure BW could implement a system that bans an account once a certain number of spams reports have been logged..

the problem is the fact its so easy to make an account and level to 10 really quick means that cut off one account and two more take its place. I know some get banned, names I see one day and never again, but I always see new ones.

the new expansion made them flock to this game again. We just got to wait til the game enters a lull period between major updates for most of the spam to go away. Sadly, it will never all go away.

freakin parasites.

Credit sellers will succeed as long as there is demand.

As long as there is demand for whatever they're offering, then they will always be around. Only way to stop them is to not endorse them, though again not all will do this and will use their service. Best to do is to ignore them and move on.

I first saw Money Sellers being mailed to ppl including me when i was playing ESO. ESO i'd say half or more likely way over half of their quiters from Gold Sellers spamming all the time.

ESO's Gold Sellers were the worst kind as I heard from Tamriel Foundry and other MMO sites and my 500 member Guild say that Gold sellers were never able to contact them via email. Also the Seller would use special Encrypted ways that made it almost impossible sometimes for the Sellers to be totally routed out and banned because their names were their messages were a bit encrypted. It was a Lot worse at ESO than it ever has been here. Last time I was at ESO, they had the Gold sellers Spam almost totally controlled, but of course still had Gold Sellers could still mail ppl at times.

I have seen Gold Sellers messages spam with more coded, harder to ban names of the Sellers and messages here at SWOTOR, ESO was a Lot worse when they first began compared to what it is with SWTOR now. When SWTOR gets more Intelligent Spam Ads like it has been starting to over the past month, then SWTOR will have to get more Intelligent like ESO had to.

Sorry if I didnt make sense their is a bit of a GAS LEAK in the House.

So here is the interesting thing with the current round of email spam:

I logged on to a character today that I had literally not logged in to since shortly after 3.0 dropped. I found 3 emails all for the same RMT seller website.... but they were separated in time (and from different characters of course, since they don't last long). One was 14 days ago, one was 7 days ago, and another one that was current today (before I logged in the character). Apparently they have me on a once a week spam on that character.

The interesting part about this is that it shows they are working from persistent lists of characters, and that they are persistently reusing those lists. This leads me to believe that they have some accounts being quietly used to gather character names (maybe even purchasing lists from actual players for all I know). Then they are using throw away subscriber (since they are sending me a credit.. they have to be at sub status right?) accounts to farm the email system.

I had assumed they were simply spamming anyone they saw on line, but it appears to be more sophisticated and persistent then this.

Edited by Andryah

So here is the interesting thing with the current round of email spam:

I logged on to a character today that I had literally not logged in to since shortly after 3.0 dropped. I found 3 emails all for the same RMT seller website.... but they were separated in time (and from different characters of course, since they don't last long). One was 14 days ago, one was 7 days ago, and another one that was current today (before I logged in the character). Apparently they have me on a once a week spam on that character.

The interesting part about this is that it shows they are working from persistent lists of characters, and that they are persistently reusing those lists. This leads me to believe that they have some accounts being quietly used to gather character names (maybe even purchasing lists from actual players for all I know). Then they are using throw away subscriber (since they are sending me a credit.. they have to be at sub status right?) accounts to farm the email system.

I had assumed they were simply spamming anyone they saw on line, but it appears to be more sophisticated and persistent then this.

They've been spamming fleet chat, my mail, and pming me as well, not sure how there doing it but my guess a 3rd party program is probably needed to send that many 3 times to every single person they do it too

They've been spamming fleet chat, my mail, and pming me as well, not sure how there doing it but my guess a 3rd party program is probably needed to send that many 3 times to every single person they do it too

Yeah, I rarely go to Fleet. Too much spam on Fleet.. and most of it has nothing to do with RMT.

I see a whisper every now and then.. but I simply ignore them. It's not like they can force me to talk to them, much less check out their websites (which is just foolish to do IMO).

Edited by Andryah

Yeah, I rarely go to Fleet. I see a whisper every now and then.. but I simply ignore them. It's not like they can force me to talk to them, much less check out their websites (which is just foolish to do IMO).

probably virused to hell, when you step foot into the loading screen your virus protector will probably come up with atleast 10 different malware and viruses lol

As long as there is demand for whatever they're offering, then they will always be around. Only way to stop them is to not endorse them, though again not all will do this and will use their service. Best to do is to ignore them and move on.

My ignore list is full :confused: