The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Help/Rate my Hybrid 23/17/1 Anti Nuker / Healer builder

robinssq

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301hRGbbRbRZrsMrobZo.1

I think this is what I want for a pvp anti Range DPS/Healer spec. I should be able to hold my own against either melee DPS or tank with my shield talents and heavy armor and use jet charge and grapple to make casters lives awful.

The only wasted points IMO are electro surge.

This build tries to utilize the synergies from flame shield, flame barrage, and ion overload to create a rocket punching machine.

Thoughts please, I know most hybrid builds in this game are considered poor.

Thanks for the feedback guys. With no escape not working in pvp this entire build needs to be reworked. Here is the new build:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301RRGrbobRgzZ0cZbcb.1

This is way more of a tank but jet charge lets me close every 15 seconds and gives me a speed gain short term. This tries to keep heat low with a few abilities and spam rocket punch, flame burst, and rocket punch FTW! I won't have the ability to easily place a DOT on a target for rail shot but rail shot is still real powerful here.

Thanks for the feedback guys. With no escape not working in pvp this entire build needs to be reworked. Here is the new build:

This is way more of a tank but jet charge lets me close every 15 seconds and gives me a speed gain short term. This tries to keep heat low with a few abilities and spam rocket punch, flame burst, and rocket punch FTW! I won't have the ability to easily place a DOT on a target for rail shot but rail shot is still real powerful here.

According to your spec, your RB should guarantee to proc a dot. If it's long range, rapid shot has a really high chance to proc too.

Gyroscopic Alignment Jets is not that great imo. When you are rooted/stunned/cc'ed in general, you'll be venting heat in those seconds for doing nothing already. Or when you have a full resolve bar, that bonus will be worthless b/c you're immune to CC.

Synergy seems odd in both your builds, so will post what I used all throughout beta and now.

I give to you the most annoying build a Powertech/Vanguard can run in PvP. It's anti-melee, anti-ranged, a ball carrier in Huttball, team protector, group and single target control and last but not least, more damage then a Merc.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301RRGrboboZZbIbrzh.1

That's the base of the build, with 2 free points. It's designed around spamming Rail Shot and Rocket Punch with 2 heavy hitting DoT's (Ion Overload and Incendiary Missile/Round). It's also very versatile. Want more damage? Move Combust to Intimidation, the 2 free points into Puncture. More mobility? Points into Jet Speed.

How do you play it? Stay in Ion Stance. Incendiary Missile/Round for debuff. Rail Shot/Impact Bolt. Rocket Punch/Stock Strike. Flame Burst/Plasma Cell if everything else is on cooldown. With Rail Shot and Rocket Punch being free and/or reset, this allows for some crazy RNG burst and steady damage. The rest every Trooper/BH should know by default. Grapple people from friendlies, Guard others, Jet leap cap etc etc.

Figured I would post this here, since I'm not Republic for Live due to Trooper animation problems. (Looking at you Mortar and Full Auto, FU!)

I give to you the most annoying build a Powertech/Vanguard can run in PvP. It's anti-melee, anti-ranged, a ball carrier in Huttball, team protector, group and single target control and last but not least, more damage then a Merc.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301RRGrboboZZbIbrzh.1

Hard to justify spending 5 points to get no functionality out of Superheated Gas and only part function from Superheated Rail. And Integrated Cardio is crap. Pyro hybrid builds are awful unless you're going to run Combustible Gas- no way to get anywhere without wasting a lot of points.

I was thinking of something similar. I haven't had a chance to fully test it out as I'm still pretty low level. Regardless, this was what i was thinking.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301GRGrbobogzZMsbZb.1

Hard to justify spending 5 points to get no functionality out of Superheated Gas and only part function from Superheated Rail. And Integrated Cardio is crap. Pyro hybrid builds are awful unless you're going to run Combustible Gas- no way to get anywhere without wasting a lot of points.

Don't use it then if it seem bad to you. You run CGC for PvE DPS though since IGC is a bad idea unless you're tanking. Which you can easily tank Raids with this build, due to absorbs being so crap at 50.

Show me a build that does more DPS or Burst going 31 into any tree. You won't for Powertech. Try it before you think the points are wasted, it's built around buffing your highest damaging ability, Rail Shot and keeping your heat down to nothing hardly. Spending them elsewhere would be more of a waste, especially for PvP.

But, ranting aside. What kind of build do you think could possibly out burst or DPS mine while still having some of the best survival, I'm open to suggestions, could have missed something during the months of beta.

Edited by Dekai

Hey Dekai, I really am intrigued by your build. I was wondering, though - for leveling (and low level pvp), which tree should you focus on first? I'm building up Pyrotech so far, to the point where I'm getting some combustible cell talents in order to get some early-level pvp viability (for more practice and early on grinding); would leveling Shieldtech be a better idea first?

Hey Dekai, I really am intrigued by your build. I was wondering, though - for leveling (and low level pvp), which tree should you focus on first? I'm building up Pyrotech so far, to the point where I'm getting some combustible cell talents in order to get some early-level pvp viability (for more practice and early on grinding); would leveling Shieldtech be a better idea first?

I generally go 18 into Pyro first, then go to Shield Tech. For PvP I stay in IGC for the defense boost and team play of guarding. Solo or PvE I swap between IGC to CGC as needed aka, if I need to tank some nasty mobs or PvP(Since on a PvP server) I go IGC. If I'm in a FP or Op and they don't need a tank, or the mobs are normal ones, CGC.

The build really starts to take off once you're 45 I think? And just wrecks once you get Flame Shield.

As others have said, those pyro hybrids waste a LOT of points. I like the cleverness of bypassing CGC with incendiary missile, but I still think there are better options. This is what I've been running, and LOVING. Very in your face, high sustained damage, good heat management and wicked mitigation.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301GoGbdRdogZMsbMo.1

I am fairly certain No Escape doesn't work on players. It doesn't work on anything higher than the most non-elite NPCs. Putting those two points in Ion Screen or Rebraced Armor would be more useful, IMHO.

No Escape definitely works on players. Both for Grapple and Stealth scan.

The question then becomes: Why bother with Jet Speed if you already have Immobilize effects on Grapple and Jet Charge? Seems like those points would be better of spent in Flame Surge for higher RP crits.

Show me a build that does more DPS or Burst going 31 into any tree.

Thermal Detonator definitely does more burst. You can line up the TD to go off the same instant your Rail Shot hits. It is probably the biggest burst in the game.

However a full Pyro build doesn't have the mobility and battlefield control that this build has. I'm using something similar right now for PvP tanking and it outclasses a full Shieldtech and hybrid Shieldtech/Ret Blade by a mile.

MOST of our filler talents are mediocre. The rest of them suck. Spending 3 points on literally nothing to get Superheated Gas and Superheated Rail is definitely worth it.

Edited by chainsawsamurai

While I'm here, do you think Degauss is worth it? I dont like a snare break attatched to a heavy defensive cooldown. It sucks to use it as a break and then need it later, or use it for survivability and then need it for a break. I went with Infrared Sensors instead.

Sorry for late reply, work and stuff. Degauss is preference, what's nice about the build is it's flexible, so grabbing Infrared Sensors in conjunction with No Escape works perfectly fine, use it myself.